Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186188189190191192193194195196
Results 2,926 to 2,930 of 2930

Thread: South African National Defence Force

Ancient hatreds and modern weapons. Now, that's my kind of show. George Carlin

Off topic and my apologies. Would any of you gentleman happen to have an R4 wood handguard?

Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    Off topic and my apologies. Would any of you gentleman happen to have an R4 wood handguard?
    Those are very scarce , so I would say contact somebody like http://www.classicarms.co.za/ , who trade in collectibles and deactivated military firearms in SA. They might know or get you in the right direction.

Many thanks!

The wooden hand guards weren't in SADF service for that long. If I'm correct they would be 95% the same as the Galil ones (some actually were Galils for the very early evaluation and issue rifles, before LIW's modifications to the Galil became the R4), which would be much easier to obtain.

Its difficult to even find good photos of the older R4s with wooden hand guards.

What are you building? Early R4 recreation?

Good luck with your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanadian View Post
    The wooden hand guards weren't in SADF service for that long. If I'm correct they would be 95% the same as the Galil ones (some actually were Galils for the very early evaluation and issue rifles, before LIW's modifications to the Galil became the R4), which would be much easier to obtain.Its difficult to even find good photos of the older R4s with wooden hand guards.What are you building? Early R4 recreation?Good luck with your quest.
    Not me, a friend. They are quite rare here in the States as well.