Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182184185186187188189190191192
Results 2,866 to 2,871 of 2871

Thread: South African National Defence Force

Quote Originally Posted by Dinges View Post
    Good story that illustrates the culture and attitudes of the SADF at the time. Over the years I met several characters like Colonel Potgieter. Some of their stories were somewhat "embellished" but still fun to listen to them. Too bad they are no longer around.

SA 1 Tactical Intelligence Regiment, engaged in anti-poaching activities

That's quite an old photo. It was published in May 2013. See page 16 http://www.dod.mil.za/sasoldier/2013...aypgesfnet.pdf

yeah... if you got something more fresh, pls donīt hesitate to post it! Pics of SA units like this one, or SOF capable units are quite rare... and itīs understandable.
    Last edited by photoamateur; 1 Day Ago at 02:37 PM.

**** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar

Our of curiosity, why is an intelligence unit doing anti-poaching activities? I'd understand if they were doing collections and analysis to support it, but to actually give them weapons and sending them out on missions is kinda interesting (unless they're attached to other units). Does the intel unit include a long-range patrol/pathfinder type unit? Tactical HUMINT teams? Also interesting is that the guys in cammies are all white.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Our of curiosity, why is an intelligence unit doing anti-poaching activities? I'd understand if they were doing collections and analysis to support it, but to actually give them weapons and sending them out on missions is kinda interesting (unless they're attached to other units). Does the intel unit include a long-range patrol/pathfinder type unit? Tactical HUMINT teams? Also interesting is that the guys in cammies are all white.
    The Tactical Intelligence Regiment is I suppose a battlefield intelligence unit. The name is perhaps a misnomer as they are really a recon unit perhaps similar to what Marine Force Recon is/was (I think they changed their name or something?), so they aren't exactly a special forces unit but they aren't regular infantry either and are trained to use a number of surveillance/intelligence gathering equipment.

In the PDF Cpl Kat posted, the caption on the image said they were conducting a surveillance mission in support of anti-poaching activities.