Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Chinese friend's pictures from North Korea v. 2

2 moderators gave me infraction points for2 totally seperate things, I've got poor reading co

Default My Chinese friend's pictures from North Korea v. 2

Since I cannot find my previous topic about the photos from NK, I am creating the next one. Please add some points to my reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Windward

another Chinese tourist took this picture last year. It was a 8-day trip, twice longer than mine...

This is Kim Il Sung's palace, now a national shrine (not open to Chinese tourists this year) and display his dead body

regards

== Note==

those pictures were deleted from the original FTP, I upload most of them into my MSN space:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/kallga...=1&_c=blogpart

Jasen

Nov 20, 2005
    another guy's NK tour, October 2003

Dandong Railway Station, China

saling apple on Pyongyang-Kaesong expwy, one for 12.5 cents (1 yuan)

entrance of DMZ

(I saw the guide man in purple shirt last year )

Kaesong

Kim Il Sung's birthplace

the young boy is an ethnic Korean Japanese student. Some Korean emigrants in Japan are loyal to the north and send their children to NK yearly for "re-education"

children sweeping ground

Pyongyang subway

Juche Tower, pay $5, you can ride its elevator and take an overlook for Pyongyang

Kim's parade square

Pyongyang street

a school

notice the "Kim Il Sung flower" and "Kim Jung Il flower" on the stage

"Kim Jung Il flower"

very interesting, thanks for the pics

hehe sorry couldnt help it

Thanks a million for the great pictures! Maybe you have a external link to the old pics (the thread somehow got lost in the archives, damnit)?

Regards

Great pics. One of the most noticable things on these pics is a total lack of cars on those multi-lane, wide streets.

Banned user

Great

What about this building?

Baghdad, Iraq: home of the brilliant light show

Great Pics!, I'm always interested in N. Korea. Heres a pic of the largest flag pole in the world

great pics, my favourites are these:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor
    Great

What about this building?

It's a Ryugyong Hotel. It's currently no more than a massive concrete shell. However it's 330m tall and it's the tallest Hotel building in the world. I've heard that there were some design and building faults. Now they try to find an investor to finish the building which was cancelled due to lack of funds.

2 moderators gave me infraction points for2 totally seperate things, I've got poor reading co

Quote Originally Posted by Angrykirill
    Thanks a million for the great pictures! Maybe you have a external link to the old pics (the thread somehow got lost in the archives, damnit)?

Regards
    I've found the topic on this site by google, but the link is dead. I think it's impossible to find older topics since the change of layout some months ago.
    http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&q=...t%2Fforums&lr=

The remaining photos are on http://forum.axishistory.com/index.php , but you have to register there to see them (that subforum where the photos are is invisible for unregistered users).

Quote Originally Posted by daily666
    It's a Ryugyong Hotel. It's currently no more than a massive concrete shell. However it's 330m tall and it's the tallest Hotel building in the world. I've heard that there were some design and building faults. Now they try to find an investor to finish the building which was cancelled due to lack of funds.
    Yes, my friend wrote (I have his quote in the first part of the gallery) the project of the building was improper and the building has not been finished till now.
    This building was being built before the Olympics in Seoul in 1988 to outshine it. It has been remaining in such a shape since 1988.

Excellent pics! Tell your friend he has done good secret intelligence work.

It looks like this poor kid would be brought back to the "camp" for re-education.

Gret pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Did your Chinese friend enter NK on a travel agency or he was on some sort of offical business trip?

BANNED FOR LIFE FROM MP.NET for being a total dork.

They ran out of money to continue building the Ryugyong, and even if they ever got funding for it again there'd be no way to finish it, considering that the inner structure has been exposed to the elements for the past 17 years. Yet I 've read that tour guides still talk about "when it is finished, it will be the largest hotel in the world" or something to that effect. Ugh, "When it is finished"...it is NEVER going to be finished. North Korea wasted so much money on their beautiful capital city putting up all sorts of swanky tourist hotels for tourists who don't show up (there a myriad travelogues on the internet of North Korea visitors who are often the only guests in their multi-story hotels) in order to reinforce their delusion (or forced illusion to the world, not that anyone's buying it) that Pyongyang is a major tourist attraction that it's pathetic. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
    By the way:

While 90% of the North Korean population starves, food in abundance like this iis presented to tourists to give the illusion that North Korea is a prosperous nation. If and when a revolution of the people ever occurs, I think North Korea will become as lawless and chaotic as Somalia.

Wow, nice, a great insight into a world we very rarely see, thanks

Baghdad, Iraq: home of the brilliant light show

The food looks soooooooooooooooo goooood. Im tempted for asian today.