Page 234 of 259 FirstFirst ... 134184224226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3874

Thread: Yum Kippur War

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar
    Plotting to take control of the Organic Farming Board of Cumberland

You could upload it to something like Dropbox and put it in the public folder and post the link.

Or you could take screenshots with the snipping tool (or the like) and host them with someone like photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
    You could upload it to something like Dropbox and put it in the public folder and post the link.

Or you could take screenshots with the snipping tool (or the like) and host them with someone like photobucket.
    Thanks but did not work - probably did not fully undestand

Banned user

Newly released 8mm tape from the war.
    http://e.walla.co.il/?w=/214/2601181

The reporter gets hit (at about 1:45) by a shell and spends the rest of the war shelled shocked but still filming because he is high on morphine.
    He basically explain the doctors only treating the moderately wounded since the seriously wounded are doomed to a slow painful death.

Quote Originally Posted by alexz View Post
    Newly released 8mm tape from the war.
    http://e.walla.co.il/?w=/214/2601181

The reporter gets hit (at about 1:45) by a shell and spends the rest of the war shelled shocked but still filming because he is high on morphine.
    He basically explain the doctors only treating the moderately wounded since the seriously wounded are doomed to a slow painful death.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]I must say, without trying to start a contest of horror, from my experience, anyone who came out of that hell,[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]actually will never talk about it and certainly not open in the media. [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]

Default Russian Armored Forces Marsh

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by rolist View Post
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]I must say, without trying to start a contest of horror, from my experience, anyone who came out of that hell,[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]actually will never talk about it and certainly not open in the media. [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]
    True, he didn't speak about for 40 years, even thou he was working for the media.
    He ended the interview by saying that the helicopter pilot told him that the heli is a medicine but not a cure. The wounded will never be the same anymore. After that the reporter stopped functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by alexz View Post
    True, he didn't speak about for 40 years, even thou he was working for the media.
    He ended the interview by saying that the helicopter pilot told him that the heli is a medicine but not a cure. The wounded will never be the same anymore. After that the reporter stopped functioning.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]Yes – but as I mentioned, I can’t and probably will never be able to talk about it.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][*******#000000]So let’s leave it as it is [/COLOR][/FONT]

Has anyone served in the Yum Kippur conflict or know family/Friends who was an vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Type 055 View Post
    Has anyone served in the Yum Kippur conflict or know family/Friends who was an vet?
    Rolist served. I know many people who did serve.

I'd bet that every Israeli on this board knows someone who served in YKW. I have two cousins who served during YKW.

Quote Originally Posted by GB_FXST View Post
    I'd bet that every Israeli on this board knows someone who served in YKW. I have two cousins who served during YKW.
    Cool, was he Golani or Paratrooper (Im not Isreali but I take intrest in IDF warfare)? Have you ever served in the IDF?

Cool, was he Golani or Paratrooper (Im not Isreali but I take intrest in IDF warfare)? Have you ever served in the IDF?
    Me, yes. Most Israelis have served. And I daresay. all the Israelis on this board have served.

One cousin was in Golani, the other in Ordinance. The one who served in Golani fought in an AT unit against the Syrians. The other repaired tanks in the Sinai. A few pages back, Camera discusses in great detail the terribly important and heroic efforts by the Ordinance Corp to maintain battle damaged tanks. Until Camera's description of these events, I did not fully appreciate his role.

Others here will have similar stories.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Uri, my cousin, was killed in Sinai in his Centurion tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    Uri, my cousin, was killed in Sinai in his Centurion tank.
    I am very sorry to hear that.
    Are you sure it happenned in Sinai? I don't recall seeing Centurions in Sinai during 1973 - but then again I could't have seen them all

Quote Originally Posted by rolist View Post
    I am very sorry to hear that.
    Are you sure it happenned in Sinai? I don't recall seeing Centurions in Sinai during 1973 - but then again I could't have seen them all
    Division 162 had Centurions. (Brigades 500 and 217 had Shot-Cal).