Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151535455565758596061626364656667686971 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany's Elite Soldiers

Today Prince Albert II of Monaco is visiting german president Gauck and I found this picture where you can see this KSK-Colonel guarding their wives
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

KSK troops droped by a brazilian C-130 during the Maple Flag exercise in Canada ([*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]30/5/12)

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...MpBp3QvA#!</a>
    [*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Slim chances probably but anyone know of a high res of this one?

Banned user

Some nice pictures of Kampfschwimmer.

courtesy of SpOn:

Sägefisch, Fallschirm und Eichenlaub - das Abzeichen der Kampfschwimmer. Auf dem Truppenübungsplatz im brandenburgischen Lehnin trainieren sie Häuserkampf.

Einsatzbesprechung: Die Ortskampfanlage 1 in Lehnin heißt im Übungsszenario Rauhberg - ein Dutzend Straßen, etwa 70 Häuser. Die Kampfschwimmer sollen ein Hochhaus am Ortsende einnehmen.

Dienstwagen der Kampfschwimmer: der leicht gepanzerte Mowag Eagle, ein neun Tonnen schwerer Transporter auf der Basis des amerikanischen Humvee.

"Einsickern" heißt die erste Phase der Operation - unentdeckt an den Zielort heranpirschen, immer in Deckung, immer schussbereit.

Der Ablauf ist hundertfach einstudiert: Deckung geben, vorrücken, Deckung geben, nachrücken.

Rund 30 Kilogramm schultern die Kampfschwimmer bei ihren Einsätzen - Waffen, Munition, Funkgerät, Splitterweste - und der Breacher schleppt sogar einen Vorschlaghammer mit, um am Ziel die Tür einzuschlagen.

Erstes Ziel der Operation - die Bäckerei von Rauhberg, ein Waffenarsenal des Feinds. Die Stahltür wird gesprengt, das Gebäude gestürmt.

Scharfschützen sichern das Vorrücken der Häuserkämpfer.

OKA 1, die Ortskampfanlage 1 in Lehnin, ist als Ruinenstadt gebaut - mit Häusern ohne Dächer und Fenster. Gefechtslärm kommt aus Lautsprechern, der Feind existiert nur als Simulation - ferngesteuerte Scheiben klappen in den Fensterhöhlen hoch.

Ziel Nummer zwei, das Gerichtsgebäude von Rauhberg: Wieder wird die Tür mit einer Sprengladung aufgebrochen.

Als die Insurgents aus dem Wald hinter Rauhberg attackieren, fordern die Kampfschwimmer Verstärkung aus der Luft an: BO-105-Helikopter, auf den Kufen stehen Scharfschützen, die den Weg für den Rückzug freischießen.

Rückzug aus Rauhberg, Kampfschwimmer sichern den Abtransport eines Verwundeten. Ihre Standardwaffe ist das G-36-K- Sturmgewehr.

Ein Verwundeter, die Kampfschwimmer fordern den großen CH53-Hubschrauber vom Heer an, der über den Wäldern hinter Rauhberg auf Stand-by kreist.

Hauptbootsmann Lauf, Regisseur der Übung, erklärt in der Nachbesprechung, was gut geklappt hat und was schiefgelaufen ist.
    Full article (in german): http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutsc...-a-846400.html

Multicam, awesome

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Cool pictures - but good God Multicam has arrived in the German military at last... I bet some brass observers cringed on the sight. Not 37/10 approved!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I bet some brass observers cringed on the sight. Not 37/10 approved!
    At least these are SOF units. You should hear the horror stories from a FschJg I know.. Gs and OGs who are fully kitted out like there is no tomorrow.

Multicam and moustache. What a great combination!

Always wondering why Kampfschwimmer stick to the Aimpoints (Can someone identify the exact models used?), while KSK, EGB, FschSpZg &c are using Eotechs most of the time afaik. Is there some deep meaning behind that or is it simply because of a different acquisition policy within the german navy?

Except for the moustache dude, Kampfschwimmer don't seem to be so heavily into Crye as their army fellows.
    Most of it seems to be TacGear and Köhler (pants?), but I'm not that into german gear brands to tell dead certain. Could someone point out some of the basics used? Especially the combat shirt looks interesting. Never saw a Flecktarn shirt with high zip collar! Thanks.

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

My favorite OT Kampfschwimmer story... I was moving once and had some old and very stable wooden closets (Schränke) in the basement that needed to be taken apart/destroyed before being removed from the basement and thrown into the garbage container I'd rented. He was a very friendly guy, but watching him kick and punch the closets into bite-size pieces within a matter of seconds was very impressive/scary. I couldnt help thinking what he could do to a human being, the guy was a lethal weapon. No idea where he is now, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is a PMC or maybe even in GSG or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Heti View Post
    Always wondering why Kampfschwimmer stick to the Aimpoints (Can someone identify the exact models used?), while KSK, EGB, FschSpZg &c are using Eotechs most of the time afaik. Is there some deep meaning behind that or is it simply because of a different acquisition policy within the german navy?
    User’s Manual for
    Aimpoint CompM3
    and
    Aimpoint CompML3
    CHAPTER III
    OPERATION UNDER EXTREME CONDITIONS

c) Salt air. No special procedures required.
    d) Sea spray, water, mud and snow. Ensure that battery cap and two
    adjustment screw caps are tight before exposing the sight to sea
    spray, mud, snow or before immersing the sight in water. Hand tighten
    only. Keep lens covers closed when sight is not being used. Clean
    lenses with lens paper/cloth and wipe the sight dry as soon as possible
    after exposure to water, sea spray, mud or snow.

From what I read here, the aimpoints are better suited for use in conditions where they're exposed to salt air and spray watrer.

Combat Shirts look like TacGear.

Quote Originally Posted by .Jonny View Post
    Nice to see they are customed this ****ty TT wrist pouch too.
    But what the hack ... this Santa Patch?

I like the santa patch a lot! Shows, that he doesn't take himself dead serious.
    One often gets the impression of SF guys beeing icecold and quiet professionals, who don't seem to paint the town red and laugh about themselfs once a while. From what I experienced, most of the time the total opposite is the case.

OT: What's wrong with the TT wrist thing?

Quote Originally Posted by .Jonny View Post

I'd love to see some action footage from that GoPro...

Quote Originally Posted by Heti View Post
    OT: What's wrong with the TT wrist thing?
    The arm-straps are completly ****. I've the first version (which have no elastic part) and it sucks. I customed it with some old blousing straps and it worked for me.
    I think the new versions now have that also - but still not sure.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LokisFeuer View Post
    But what the hack ... this Santa Patch?
    Maybe he was an honorable member of the original Santa Claus Protection Team?