He (finally) admited that the shooting was his fault.
You know this is te 3rd day of this sh** and the news is still ranting on it. God forbid he didnt make a staement beacuase he was worried about his friend and not his career. God forbid he talked about it a day later its not a cover up all the witnesses were left to talk to the media no fbi came and told them to shut up about it. Look of all people to talk about coverups hillary is playing politics on this the mother queenof all cover up controversies. He was on a private retreat does the man need to give a statment does the man need to testify against a grand jury no. Sh** you could solved this in people court in ten fu**IN minutes. Also may I say that it is good to see the medias priorites are in dumbsh** like this, kids are starving in africa indonesia and drug dealers are still importin tons of drugs but who cares about that cheney shot somebody. The media needs to get there head out of there as*
He (finally) admited that the shooting was his fault.
Seriously, a guy with the kind of heart problems Cheney has doesn't pound a few drinks before doing anything. It's a nice conspiracy type thought, but hardly practical. The VP f*cked up. Period. Honest mistake. It happens. It's not right or proper hunting SOP. If he's not charged then they should let it go. It's between him and the lawyer he shot. Would the locals cut him some slack? Yes they would, he's most likely the most powerful guy on the planet.
Originally Posted by Jani.R
He never said it wasn't his fault. Christ, you people amaze me.
The paper didn't "discover" anything. The fcukin' ranch owner went to a local paper that she trusted to get the story straight and not put a ****ty spin EITHER way that some other papers might (do) have.as far as waiting 2 days before the news was discovered by a local paper
Last edited by Omaha; 02-15-2006 at 10:48 PM.
The sadly funny thing at our end of this incident is that all the gun freaks on this forum normally would have condemned the shooter: "Doesn't the idiot have any gun discipline?" "Can't he shoot straight?" "Me and my hunting buddies wouldn't make such a mistake." "Gives gun owners a bad name.")
Instead because it's their beloved Neocon Saint Cheney they're tripping over themselves in their scramble to defend him: "The other guy wasn't taking proper precautions; He didn't announce his position; he's not fit to be out hunting with a *** god like Cheney anyway...damed liberal media won't shut up about it."
It's a classic, boys.
Ummm, I criticized him.
As a gun owner, its embarrassing as ****...
Just found it on internet. Quite funny:
Top Ten Ways Iraq is like Harry Whittington
1. Cheney attacked secular Iraq, mistaking it for an ally of Usamah Bin Laden. Cheney attacked Harry Whittington, mistaking him for a small bird.
2. Iraq has been peppered with Cheney's munitions. Whittington has been peppered with Cheney's munitions.
3. Cheney did not have a legal license to hunt quail on the trip that saw Whittingon wounded. Cheney did not have a United Nations license to invade Iraq or reduce it to rubble.
4. Cheney tried to blame Iraq for getting itself invaded by not signalling hard enough that it really did not have weapons of mass destruction. Cheney tried to blame Whittington for getting himself shot by not signalling hard enough that he was not a small bird.
5. Cheney thought Iraq's insurgency was in its last throes nearly a year ago. Cheney was deathly afraid that Whittington might be in his last throes.
6. Whittington thought Cheney as hunting partner would keep him secure. Iraqis thought that after the fall of Saddam, Cheney would make them secure.
7. Cheney gave Whittington a heart attack by shooting him in the heart. Cheney gave Iraqis a heart attack by having them bombed relentlessly.
8. Cheney tried to cover up how bad Whittington's condition was after he shot him. Cheney tried to cover up how bad Iraq's situation is after he had it invaded.
9. Cheney thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Cheney thought Whittington was a small bird.
10. Cheney shot Whittington while hunting in the dark. Cheney invaded Iraq while being in the dark.
Me too. I don't know what thread he's reading.
Oh, I know you have.
What I find bothersome as well, something that few people have commented on, is the lack of appropriate stamps on his license.
I guarantee that normal U.S. citizen hunter would have been fined for not having the proper tags.
It stinks. Dude should have been slapped with a fine. Just like I WOULD have been if I had done it.
You're absolutely correct. Sort of kicks the VP into the realm of poachers and dirtbags that jack deer without having a valid license. His behavior so far in this entire incident has come across as unbelievably arrogant.
Further proof that guns should be banned.
If a honest, respectible, trustworthy politician can not use firearms in a safe and lawfull manner what hope is their for the rest of society!!!!!
I am not sure how much a fine would cost, but Cheney did have to pay for the stamp after all. This was also put on his hunting record.Originally Posted by Durandal
I must be drunk, I read:
Cheney Accidentally Shoots OVER Fellow Hunter
and thought, what a gay fellow.
He had a beer before the hunt and made himself a cocktail after shooting Wittington or whatever his name is so at least we know that Cheney does drink, even though he has a ****load of heart problems. Good for him.