Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2401

Thread: Waffen SS troops

From what I have read the marines that wore camo in WWII were the Shock Marines (OR the main wave) the rest of the Corp wore the herring-bone green uniform.

Nice pictures

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kitsune
    However, some of the Waffen SS outfits (some started out as Regiments and were later turned into Divisions), notably the 1st ("Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler"), the 2nd ("Das Reich"), the 3rd ("Totenkopf") and the 5th ("Wiking") can be rightfully regarded as elite formations. All of these have a battle-record that is simply amazing and out*****s that of any Allied Division. Kitsune

So lets pick one battle to see how outstanding they were

Barbarossa – Demjansk Pocket
    In April 1941, the division was ordered East to join Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Ritter von Leeb's Army Group North. Leeb's Army Group was tasked with advancing on Leningrad and formed the northern wing of Operation Barbarossa. Totenkopf saw action in Lithuania and Latvia, and by July had breached the vaunted Stalin Line. The division then advanced by Demjansk to Leningrad where it was involved in heavy fighting from July 31 to August 25.
    During Autumn and Winter of 1941, the Soviets launched a number of operations against the German lines in the Northern sector of the Front. During one of these operations, the Division was encircled for several months near Demjansk in what would come to be known as the Demjansk Pocket. During these kessel battles, Totenkopf suffered so greatly that, due to its reduced size, it was re-designated Kampfgruppe Eicke. The division was involved in ferocious fighting to hold the pocket. SS-Hauptscharführer Erwin Meierdress of the Sturmgeschütze-Batterie Totenkopf formed a Kampfgruppe of about 120 men and held the strategic town of Bjakowo despite repeated determined enemy attempts to capture the town. During these battles, Meierdress personally destroyed several enemy tanks in his StuG III. He was awarded the Iron Cross for his actions during this period. In April 1942, the division broke out of the pocket and managed to reach friendly lines.
    At Demjansk, [*******black]about 80% of its soldiers were killed in action[/COLOR]. The remnants of the Division were pulled out of action in late October, 1942 and sent to France to be refitted. While in France, the Division took part in Case Anton, the takeover of Vichy France in November 1942. For this operation, the division was supplied with a Panzer regiment and redesignated 3.SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Totenkopf. Thanks to the persuasive efforts of Himmler and SS-Obergruppenführer Paul Hausser, all SS panzergrenadier divisions received a full regiment of panzers, so were full strength panzer divisions in all but name. The division remained in France until February, 1943, when their old commander, Theodor Eicke, resumed

Wherever I want, I'm retired jerk off! In the KANSANMYRSKY

In 1994 I was in Estonia in the city of Tallin and found a great Estonian SS uniform in excellent condition. The guy wanted $850.00 USD. It was complete with cap, I didn't buy it and still kick myself for not snapping it up.

Default Waffen SS

I am an Australian ex Vietnam Veteran . When I was a young boy my Uncle Ray would stay with us for a few days in Sydney (he lived in Canberra ) for he had been badly wounded in the War ,WWll . In Australia we have Repatriation
    Hospital for War Veterans ,it is free and they are treated well . During one of his visits when talking about the War and his time in Germany as a POW , he stated that he had been made prisoner by the SS . I think that I was 12 years old at the time . My knowledge of WW2 at that stage was limited to what I had learnt from various TV documentaries ,a fascination with War Comics . The SS , I was doubtfull to say the least ," They carried me on a stretcher over a Kilometer to an aid Station where some
    Officer cleaned and bandaged his wound a few days later I was on a train to Germany " As I grew older I became curious . Why was he not shot ?
    My Uncle Ray was captured in Greece and most likely by the Leibstandarte as were some 2000 Aussies in 1941 (not all by the LAH )
    Now as far as can ascertain the only SS in Greece were the LAH ,I cannot find any evidence of the shooting of POWs in that campaign .
    Please do not conclude that I am an SS sympathiser . I am not.
    I have developed a fascination of WWll and have collected several private photo collections which I am happy to share here

Banned user

Russian winter series.....

Last edited by Bachelor; 11-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Banned user

Last edited by Bachelor; 11-05-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Banned user

Die Damen und SS Herrn, weddings...

Banned user

So many photos of SS-Polizei Gebirgsjager Regiment (SS-pol.btl 312 og SS-pol.Geb.Rgt.18)

Missions in Narvik, Slovenia and more... More than 400 photos....
    Link:
    http://d2134644.u48.surftown.nu/copp...bum=178&page=1

on safari to find blood diamond pants.................

Quote Originally Posted by mikcem View Post
    I am an Australian ex Vietnam Veteran . When I was a young boy my Uncle Ray would stay with us for a few days in Sydney (he lived in Canberra ) for he had been badly wounded in the War ,WWll . In Australia we have Repatriation
    Hospital for War Veterans ,it is free and they are treated well . During one of his visits when talking about the War and his time in Germany as a POW , he stated that he had been made prisoner by the SS . I think that I was 12 years old at the time . My knowledge of WW2 at that stage was limited to what I had learnt from various TV documentaries ,a fascination with War Comics . The SS , I was doubtfull to say the least ," They carried me on a stretcher over a Kilometer to an aid Station where some
    Officer cleaned and bandaged his wound a few days later I was on a train to Germany " As I grew older I became curious . Why was he not shot ?
    My Uncle Ray was captured in Greece and most likely by the Leibstandarte as were some 2000 Aussies in 1941 (not all by the LAH )
    Now as far as can ascertain the only SS in Greece were the LAH ,I cannot find any evidence of the shooting of POWs in that campaign .
    I have developed a fascination of WWll and have collected several private photo collections which I am happy to share here

thats awsome man , ive read a few stories like that ..........

Quote Originally Posted by mikcem View Post
    From my reading Aussie Offical History's the Germans in Greece did not actually shoot out of hand many if any Aussies.
    One thing they did do, I think it was a SS Div was make Aussie POW's sit out the front of their lines at dusk/evening which whenever Aussie MG's etc were fired many rounds landed amongst the POW's killing some and wounding many.
    I have heard that one of the first things done by the SS and most German forces inc Africa Corps was the removal and destruction of the slouch hats.
    But the shooting of prisoners and wounded, I have in my effots to understand this period as far as my knowledge goes is not known to of happened, though to contradict this staement being SS it is possible if not probable that some Aussies POW's etc were shot.
    I will go into my reading collection over next day or so and see if I can find out more precise info for you.
    Last edited by Cobber15-08; 11-09-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Banned user

PhotoSeries of SS vehicles..... Part 1.

Banned user

PhotoSeries of SS vehicles..... Part 2.

Banned user

PhotoSeries of SS vehicles..... Part 3.

Banned user

PhotoSeries of SS vehicles..... Part 4.