Page 105 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2360

Thread: Waffen SS troops

Wow, I dont think I've ever seen such good work as the snow and mud on the BMW. Looks very realistic.

Banned user

Great Pictures. Where in the world did you find them?

I once saw a TV documentary about Reinhard Heydrich, which despite his despicable crimes against civilians, showed him to be a great family man who loved his wife and children. It's odd to reconcile the two. This was a recurring theme even among those who ran the death camps. I've no idea if the soldiers in these photos were simply professional troops or were guilty of war crimes, but it's odd to see men with the double lightning flash on their uniforms playing with rabbits, pet dogs and their girlfriends and pals. I couldn't identify many of the cars but could recognise a Fiat Topolino among them. One of the oddities of WW2 is how the Wermacht especially used captured vehicles whereas allied troops sometimes used captured MP40s. Amazing pics though, many thanks.

Banned user

Rot in their hell the lot of them.

Banned user

My late Father-in-law served in the British 50th Division from 1941 until 1946. He fought in the Western Desert, Italy and from 6th June 1944 in France, Belgium and Holland, being withdrawn back to England to re-equip
    with tropical gear for service in the Far East. In Egypt and Lybia he didn't come into contact with the SS, but in Italy and France and the Low Countries he "met" them on a number of occasions. He always had the greatest respect for them as soldiers. During one engagement, his section came across a small number of Waffen SS in a farm house. After their first attack was beaten off, my Father-in-law emptied the magazine of a Bren in one go through the window and one of his men, a keen cricketer threw 2 hand grenades from about 40 yards straight through the adjacent window. After Richie's prolonged burst some of the SS moved to their right, unfortunately for them, straight into the path of the grenades. The firing went on for about 45 minutes until their only appeared to be the odd pistol shot coming from the house. They sneaked round and climbed in through a window. The only man left able to fire was a cook with 3 bullet wounds and several pieces of shrapnel in him. A medic was treating several other men who were incapable of firing. At first the Brits congratulated themselves until they realised that not only did the Germans
    only have rifles (Mauser 98?) and 2 sub machine guns, but 4 out of the 9 had already been wounded the day before in an attack by a Typhoon. There is a post-script to this story which shows the other side. A few months later in Holland, My Father-in-law, then a Corporal, was told to take 3 other men to look for a Lieutenant and 2 other men who had gone missing earlier that day. They came to a farm and were about to drive through the gate when they noticed a man waving to them. They spoke to him and were told the men they were looking for had been shot by some Germans. They found the bodies in some nearby woods. From the wounds they could tell they had all been shot from behind through the head. It was obvious they had been executed. The germans were in a small outbuilding used to store animal feed. The grenade throwing cricketer from above sneaked round the back and put some grenades in through a window which set fire to some straw. As the Germans came out through the front door choking from the smoke they put their hands up. After a quick talk between the squaddies, Ritchie pointed out the half concealed British bodies, looked again at the SS uniforms and shot them all. The Dutch farmer then took the boots from the Sergeant's feet and laughing to himself dragged the bodies of the SS troops round the back of the farm and disposed of them. There was no satisfaction in the way I was told that story, but it does amplify the way you can see someone. One story shows how professionalism and dogged determination can hold up an enemy force and make them put more assets into a situation than the defending force should really merit. The other shows how unecessary violence caused the deaths not only of the British troops in an illegal manner but also provoked the nicest man I have ever met in my life to effectively commit murder. He died in 1993 of natural causes.

Default 6th Mountain Div. Nord

6th SS Gebirgs Div. Nord
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Default Waffen SS Photos

More private Photos of SS on Eastern Front
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Banned user

Banned user

Banned user

I don't know if someone post it before..but this picture are super great.

Banned user

Banned user

Banned user

Very rare and interesting old photo. The Soviet soldiers with SS daggers. Important! They are not front-line soldiers - real "Green". Mean young soldiers. They not participants of battles. We can see only one sign on the uniform - Guard unit. And they have GUsign on different part of uniform. By order - it the right part of a uniform. But they looks like "Heroes" with trophies... He-he-he!