Page 121 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2171111113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2360

Thread: Waffen SS troops

  1. #1801
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muthatruсkin in Siberia
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    Any info on this pic?



    Soviet Lt don't look captured, and Germans don't look surrendered too.

  2. #1802
    Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves!
    Posts
    15,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    Any info on this pic?



    Soviet Lt don't look captured, and Germans don't look surrendered too.
    Meeting in Poland 1939 perhaps, just an guess.

  3. #1803
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muthatruсkin in Siberia
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beNder View Post
    Meeting in Poland 1939 perhaps, just an guess.
    Definately not, shoulder boards were returned in use by Red Army only in 1943

  4. #1804
    Diagnosis: chronic mpnetoholism (F99.9)
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK / Hinckley
    Age
    45
    Posts
    12,155

    Default

    Where, who and why?



    (I know the answer)

  5. #1805
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Not far from Moscow. "RUSSIA"
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    Any info on this pic?
    Soviet Lt don't look captured, and Germans don't look surrendered too.
    Quote Originally Posted by beNder View Post
    Meeting in Poland 1939 perhaps, just an guess.
    Thanks for your question....
    Next... Yeh... Though you have not asked.. You have wrote your conclusion, just an guess.... It is a pity...

    Yes.... Certainly... I have information about this photos. You are right only in one that this fact was on Polish territory (This is a gift from Soviet Union to Poland, as a lot of other German territory after 1945). The German place was named before 1945 - Frische Nehrung. On this photos, We can see capitulation of German units to Soviet Army on May, 9th 1945 in Ostpreußen. There were various German units from Waffen SS, Infantry, Artillery, Tank, Grenadiers...., German..., Baltic..., with arms, weapons, tanks and vehicles....
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]"...Germans don't look surrendered too..." He-he..he!!! [/FONT][/COLOR]The Soviet Army was not animals even to the enemy as say lies some... Many military men smile. End of War!!! They have survived!!!
    Michael Savin (1915 - 2006) has photographed and the eyewitness this Historic fact .

    I think You will not use these photos for the Members's of club "We Hate Russia" fairy tale about Soviet and German "brotherhood" against Poland as usually doing some liars...
    Thanks.





















    Last edited by Bachelor; 05-17-2009 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #1806
    Senior Member nemowork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Nice photo collection, i knew i should come down here more often.

  7. #1807
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Not far from Moscow. "RUSSIA"
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    +


  8. #1808
    Member ramthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Blue Ridge
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Switek View Post
    Where, who and why?



    (I know the answer)
    Aside from the sturmbannfuhrer, I recognize wehrmacht police insignia
    on the officer to the right. No idea about the middle two.

  9. #1809
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Not far from Moscow. "RUSSIA"
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,442

    Default










  10. #1810
    Diagnosis: chronic mpnetoholism (F99.9)
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK / Hinckley
    Age
    45
    Posts
    12,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramthor View Post
    Aside from the sturmbannfuhrer, I recognize wehrmacht police insignia
    on the officer to the right. No idea about the middle two.
    Polish Police senior officers.

  11. #1811
    Senior Member Britboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hanging out of your mam's backdoors ya slaaaagggs!
    Posts
    2,206

    Default What role?

    Okay, question for all you military history buffs. What role did the Waffen SS actually fulfil in the whole German ORBAT?

    I mean, it seems to be a 'second Army', but without the distinct roles second armies usually have - i.e. look at USMC, French Foreign Legion - rapid deployment forces for intervention overseas. Russian VV MVD - internal troops to subdue unrest. Why the Waffen SS then, what did they do that the German Army could not?

    I know they initally started out as bodyguards but the whole Waffen SS did not have that role, I know they did some ****ed up things on the Eastern Front in particular and I'm sure inside Germany itself but I think this was the SS and not the Waffen SS. I understand that they seem to be a second Army but I do not know why?

    Is it to do with having a second, more politically-reliable armed force to threaten the German Armed Forces with, if they went against Hitler?

    Is it to do with the Hitlerist ideologies and the fanaticism?

    If so, surely this is a weakness really. Germany not producing enough armoured vehicles compared to the Allies, so where do they send some? To an ideologically-motivated fanatic second Army? Why not to the Army proper, who will take a realistic assessment of situations and not be so reckless in action?

  12. #1812
    Member fuspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The left coast
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Britboy View Post
    Okay, question for all you military history buffs. What role did the Waffen SS actually fulfil in the whole German ORBAT?

    I mean, it seems to be a 'second Army', but without the distinct roles second armies usually have - i.e. look at USMC, French Foreign Legion - rapid deployment forces for intervention overseas. Russian VV MVD - internal troops to subdue unrest. Why the Waffen SS then, what did they do that the German Army could not?

    I know they initally started out as bodyguards but the whole Waffen SS did not have that role, I know they did some ****ed up things on the Eastern Front in particular and I'm sure inside Germany itself but I think this was the SS and not the Waffen SS. I understand that they seem to be a second Army but I do not know why?

    Is it to do with having a second, more politically-reliable armed force to threaten the German Armed Forces with, if they went against Hitler?

    Is it to do with the Hitlerist ideologies and the fanaticism?

    If so, surely this is a weakness really. Germany not producing enough armoured vehicles compared to the Allies, so where do they send some? To an ideologically-motivated fanatic second Army? Why not to the Army proper, who will take a realistic assessment of situations and not be so reckless in action?
    I think that you need to educate yourself and go to "wiki" they have a good explanation of the different roles and functions that they had, all in a nut shell , no joke!

  13. #1813
    Member fuspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The left coast
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
    well, well, it seems that he just stepped out of the dry cleaners , not a speck of dust, so common with this pictures,as well as not a day of worry in those faces , they just came from a stroll with the wifie, just around the corner. hah!, hah, hah! the joker

  14. #1814
    Massgruàgschdemmiga Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cover me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians ¯\(º_o)/¯
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post

    Yeah, right. The Generalmajor was not able to write proper German....
    That thing was probably made in backyard, somwhere in east Europe.

  15. #1815
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Not far from Moscow. "RUSSIA"
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,442

    Default


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •