Page 121 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2171111113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2401

Thread: Waffen SS troops

Nice pic's. When I grow up, I wanna become a reenactor.

Banned user

The Baltic volunteers in Waffen SS....

As posted by Bachelor, here some photos (old-effect in Photoshop) of Waffen SS (Ardennes battle theatre):

I hope you like them.
    The historical group is Normandie44 (Italy) (http://www.normandie44.eu/)

Banned user

[SIZE=3][*******blue]Combined Pilots-Observation Badge in Gold with Diamonds[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    (Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combine...ervation_Badge

Honorary recipients
    • Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler - July 1942
    • SS-Sturmbannführer Otto Skorzeny - fall of 1944
    • SS-Oberstgruppenführer and Generaloberst of the Waffen-SS Sepp Dietrich

And Combined Pilots-Observation Badge for others....

Which the height of Otto Skorzeny?

I'm searching for the famous photo of captured officers from 17. Division SS being guarded by an American MP in Normandy. Maybe it was already posted, but go through 123 pages...

Does anyone have it? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
    [SIZE=3][*******blue]Combined Pilots-Observation Badge in Gold with Diamonds[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    (Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combine...ervation_Badge

Honorary recipients
    • Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler - July 1942
    • SS-Sturmbannführer Otto Skorzeny - fall of 1944
    • SS-Oberstgruppenführer and Generaloberst of the Waffen-SS Sepp Dietrich

According to his personnel files, Otto Skorzeny received a "Fliegerabzeichen in Gold" on 1.12.1944. In one biography, based on interviews with Skorzeny and published in the late 1940s, Skorzeny makes a vague reference to receiving a golden badge from Göring. This was probably the Combined Pilot-Observer Badge with Diamonds, which was a personal gift from the Reichsmarschall rather than an official state decoration, but Otto Skorzeny is most unlikely to have even seen the badge pictured, which was probably made years after his death. It is one of a clutch of high end fakes proposed through the US auction site Manion's.

PK
    PK
    Last edited by pkeating; 04-16-2009 at 04:07 AM.

Here are two well-documented original examples of award pieces, one from the estate of the fighter ace Erich Hartmann, the other from the estate of Hermann Göring himself.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Now, for those of you who were unable to see the differences, here is a side-by-side comparison of the genuine Hartmann badge with the badge alleged to have been awarded to Skorzeny. The differences are very clear. We can now return to the topic but while photos of reenactors seem to be tolerated amongst rare original images on this website (which is astonishing), I don't think we have to tolerate fake insignia being presented as the real thing, do we? I don't see any dealers' advertising on this website. LOL!

PK

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by pkeating View Post
    Now, for those of you who were unable to see the differences, here is a side-by-side comparison of the genuine Hartmann badge with the badge alleged to have been awarded to Skorzeny. The differences are very clear. We can now return to the topic but while photos of reenactors seem to be tolerated amongst rare original images on this website (which is astonishing), I don't think we have to tolerate fake insignia being presented as the real thing, do we? I don't see any dealers' advertising on this website. LOL!

PK
    I don't see differences..... Your photos very small, as stamps. If you see something or you is expert let's describe differences in detail for us.... It will be interesting!
    Why you have named this badge as not genuine? What signs not originality? Have you HQ photo of genuine badge as HQ photos "not genuine" in my post for comparison?
    Last edited by Bachelor; 04-17-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Default back on topic

Waffen SS Men capture a young russian soldier

Brigadeführer Heinz Harmel (Standartenführer at that time) after two of his men received the Knight's Cross

A few snipers...

By the way, thanks for keeping this thread alive bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
    I don't see differences..... Your photos very small, as stamps. If you see something or you is expert let's describe differences in detail for us.... It will be interesting!
    Why you have named this badge as not genuine? What signs not originality? Have you HQ photo of genuine badge as HQ photos "not genuine" in my post for comparison?
    You must click or double-click on the thumbnails to see bigger images. You will then see the differences. I don't understand "HQ". However, even I can see the differences in the thumbnails. I have shown two genuine badges, one awarded to Hartmann and the other from Göring himself. I think it really is up to you to explain why you think the "Otto Skorzeny" PO + Diamonds badge is genuine. This discussion has already taken place on some quite serious militaria forums. This is not a militaria forum. This is a photography forum. People come here to look at photographs, not to read discussions about fake badges.

Best wishes,

PK

OK, on second thoughts, since you can't see the difference between the genuine badges that belonged to Hermann Göring and Erich Hartmann, here is a photograph of Hans-Ulrich Rudel's badge. It was taken in the late 1970s when in the possession of the London ****ster Paul Raymond. You cannot see much detail but look at the external contours of the badge.

PK