Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Archive Thread 4 - SEAL sniper manual question

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matchanu
    We probably ran into each other at some point as we were in country at the same time.

I drank with the Kiwi's in their beach front bar near the airport. That bar kicked serious ass. Almost got some from this big ****ied Army chick.

We did our sniping at SP-1. We did some protection work in the port area, but no shots were fired in that area durring that time frame.
    Yep. Good old Taniwha Hill.

If I remember rightly it would have been around March. We started off with a beach party and a couple of RIB loads of you guys turned up from the Amphibs offshore. We then retired to the hill and proceeded to drink each other into the ground.
    I remember going shot for shot with your Master Chief over a bottle of Indian Army rum.

For the purposes of national pride I shall say the outcome was a draw...

Damn, that was a good night.

Cock Diesel & King of Amazing Analogies Baboonass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ngati Tumatuenga
    Yep. Good old Taniwha Hill.

If I remember rightly it would have been around March. We started off with a beach party and a couple of RIB loads of you guys turned up from the Amphibs offshore. We then retired to the hill and proceeded to drink each other into the ground.
    I remember going shot for shot with your Master Chief over a bottle of Indian Army rum.

For the purposes of national pride I shall say the outcome was a draw...

Damn, that was a good night.
    I was there a bit earlier. We left country around March.

We were doing lifeguard duty for the offloading Marines on the beach and attempted to redevou with the ship. The ship got tasked with something else so we were left on the beach overnight. All I was wearing was a t-shirt, short, and dive booties. Not that it got that cold out there but just enough. (learnd a valuable lesson that night about being prepared for an overnight stay).

We all had not had much to drink in a long time, (4 months of continuous boxes, ground hogs day). The Kiwi beer is a bit more "potent" than U.S. beer, we all got pissed.

Kiwis are good folk, we had a great time that night.

This thread made my day. Thanks guys.

MArine sniper initials D.s. (22 kills)..... 1st force....

Just from his spotters mouth today I grilled him. ....U want his number seal dude?? Don't kill the messenger he specifically stated the short dude with alot of TATOOS from 5th couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

It seams strange we can acept a seal hitting 20 in an evening but everybody got flabbergasted when i said a Marine did?

Hey if u are in Dam Neck next week ill be more than happy to see u there. Hey provide me your creds ill check u out since pretending to be a SEAL is a national sport. I fun reading how much fun u guys had drinking in Somalia. We never had time for any of that.

I'm gonna get some popcorn for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie
    I'm gonna get some popcorn for this..
    Ok but don't put any damned butter on it, I'll grab a couple of Newcastles...

Matchanu doesn't need verification,he already has that,you sir,on the other hand have ruffled a lot of feathers with your claims,and non of which can be verified not even by SOCNET members,they're calling you out dude, and I'm not interfering with the shytfest you've brought upon yourself

He sat next to me all day in the gunnys office . He is going to the Advanced Sniper course next month. Ill get his SRB and look at page 3. But I ve served in 2 reserve units with him, and he is the real deal. Tommorrow night i will get him to post..

He aint claiming he shot anyone.. He is 100% adamant in his words.. He is was the spotter. I have to drive to FT Drum with him tommorrow and i will get the entire story..

The idiot that says he never heard of MArines shooting anyone was just being ignorant. I went to sniperschool and Carlos Hathcock was the best. A few years later I learn about CHuck MAHWHINNEY. Hmm I guess some of these dudes arent putting i killed 22 people on their resumes. I wonder why.....daaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

An SF sniper was credited with over 40 in one day, in fact 1 night engagement. A-stan..

As far as the for the little annoying strap hangers on this board.. go see a recruiter or do something usefull like.....choke urself.

I wasn't in Somalia either at least that is what America thought.. I will get home and post a pic of me in a RUSSIAN bird in us cammies being flown to Mogadishu.. Im sure the American looking dudes we left all our extra ammo too when we got pulled out we not there either.. hahahah

IF seals where there Recon was too...its part of the MEU package.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

How did Gunny Hathcock get involved in this?

And Match is the real deal and he was there. We know this.

But Argyll, TP can shoot. Or at least I figured he could, given his current vocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll
    Matchanu doesn't need verification,he already has that,you sir,on the other hand have ruffled a lot of feathers with your claims,and non of which can be verified not even by SOCNET members,they're calling you out dude, and I'm not interfering with the shytfest you've brought upon yourself
    And im worried why???? since i dont do socnet or whatever....... u tell one of your seal buddies who is at Dam Neck to pm me and i will see him next week.

If u look at my post that got u guys rustled up, its my partners story at drill . Why would he lie. He took no glory for himself. I gave my school dates get to work if u think im not an 8541. Anyone who wants to talk to me can look up A co. 1st AT batt. ROch NY 4th mardiv.. ask for the I and I Gunny P.....

Id love to post more but i gotta work so tune in later...for more harrowing action.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Well one thing is for sure, 1st force was in somalia.

Mog, you and I apparently know some of the same people. Brian K was in your fast co? You have a pic of him in your CQB training photo. So were you a DM in somalia, or a 8541?

Not that you should take my word for it (although pulling Brian's name out my ass from one of your pics might lend some weight to me being a Marine) but I saw Match in somalia, he is the deal.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Matchanu
    All I was wearing was a t-shirt, short, and dive booties. Not that it got that cold out there but just enough. (learnd a valuable lesson that night about being prepared for an overnight stay).
    [SIZE=2]Mr M.

This might seem like a wimpy question, but are there are ways a person can acclimatise themselves for cold weather especially if they have lived in a temperate area all their life? I struggle through winter with colds, flu’s and what not yet Summer is no problem.
    [/SIZE]

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogsniper94
    I fun reading how much fun u guys had drinking in Somalia. We never had time for any of that.
    Suck's to be you then, doesn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ngati Tumatuenga
    Suck's to be you then, doesn't it...
    Really.

What a fookin tool...

So wahts the deal? Is this story verified at all?