Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1656585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Shotguns

I have the best fiancee ever. My Christmas gift:

A Salient Arms Benelli M2 21":

12 gauge perfection.

For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar

My 870 in her new clothes.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Sweet....Both of them...Scattergun party!

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

Roy, as strict as the Canadian gun laws seem to be, is there no a min. barrel length or overall length for a scattergun?

Shotguns are a strange area up here Lac. So long as the OAL (over all length) is over 26" you're OK. So this gun with it's 12.5" barrel is legal with is't full stock. If I put a pistol grip only stock on it I would only be able to use it at an established range. As is it can be my truck/bush gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    Shotguns are a strange area up here Lac. So long as the OAL (over all length) is over 26" you're OK. So this gun with it's 12.5" barrel is legal with is't full stock. If I put a pistol grip only stock on it I would only be able to use it at an established range. As is it can be my truck/bush gun.
    Ah, here it is 18" bbl and 26" OAL for federal lengths, states may be different.

I've long thought different laws for suppressors are strange too. In the States, they're sinister things, but in Europe people are more like "Well shooting a rifle is very loud, why wouldn't we want to make it quiet?"

Suppressors are 100% no-no up here (with the exception of the military). Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've long thought different laws for suppressors are strange too. In the States, they're sinister things, but in Europe people are more like "Well shooting a rifle is very loud, why wouldn't we want to make it quiet?"
    If somebody made me in charge the NFA would be totally revamped. SBS, SBR and suppressors would no longer be susceptible to the SOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    If somebody made me in charge the NFA would be totally revamped. SBS, SBR and suppressors would no longer be susceptible to the SOT.

And then there are people who would rather require every semi-automatic firearm to be registered as NFA. Ohhhhhhhhh politics.

I wonder if we were forced to register our evil murderous weapons as NFA if we could then do SBR/SBS and suppressors without an additional tax stamp? Hmm.

Roy, as strict as the Canadian gun laws seem to be, is there no a min. barrel length or overall length for a scattergun?
    Similar issue here in NZ:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-549236610.htm

Ancient hatreds and modern weapons, that's my kind of show -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Death. View Post
    And then there are people who would rather require every semi-automatic firearm to be registered as NFA. Ohhhhhhhhh politics.

I wonder if we were forced to register our evil murderous weapons as NFA if we could then do SBR/SBS and suppressors without an additional tax stamp? Hmm.
    IIRC pistols were originally scheduled to be NFA weapons in 1934, but were removed for some reason I cannot remember.

Just came back from the range after shooting smokeless and black powder shotguns. My son brought along his Winchester model 1911 and he tried it out on some clay targets, first with smokeless and then a round of clays firing black powder. The gun fired and cycled perfectly with every thing we put through it including mystery reloads i was given. These are well made shotguns but not very popular for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    In some parts of europe at least. Here i Sweden they where banned for a long time (there was exeptions) and the main reason was to stop poaching but today itīs just to seek a permit for them and itīs a done deal. or rather: Seek the permit, wait for between a month up to 6 months so someone at the police get the thumb out of there a r s e and then get the permit. Itīs a new permit for every new silenser.

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

Not to further derail the thread, but why would you keep any of NFA? I can see maybe certain destructive devices, but why should folks have to pay fees just to get an automatic weapon? If it is legal, then why financially screw people over it and throw on extra restrictions?