Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1656585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1035

Thread: Shotguns

  1. #976
    Seppo by birth Buckeye67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I have the best fiancee ever. My Christmas gift:

    A Salient Arms Benelli M2 21":





    12 gauge perfection.

  2. #977
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,093

    Default

    My 870 in her new clothes.






  3. #978
    No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Watching
    Age
    52
    Posts
    41,379

    Default

    Sweet....Both of them...Scattergun party!

  4. #979
    Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Villa Gorilla
    Age
    52
    Posts
    15,357

    Default

    Roy, as strict as the Canadian gun laws seem to be, is there no a min. barrel length or overall length for a scattergun?

  5. #980
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,093

    Default

    Shotguns are a strange area up here Lac. So long as the OAL (over all length) is over 26" you're OK. So this gun with it's 12.5" barrel is legal with is't full stock. If I put a pistol grip only stock on it I would only be able to use it at an established range. As is it can be my truck/bush gun.

  6. #981
    Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Villa Gorilla
    Age
    52
    Posts
    15,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    Shotguns are a strange area up here Lac. So long as the OAL (over all length) is over 26" you're OK. So this gun with it's 12.5" barrel is legal with is't full stock. If I put a pistol grip only stock on it I would only be able to use it at an established range. As is it can be my truck/bush gun.
    Ah, here it is 18" bbl and 26" OAL for federal lengths, states may be different.

  7. #982
    Moderator James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,843

    Default

    I've long thought different laws for suppressors are strange too. In the States, they're sinister things, but in Europe people are more like "Well shooting a rifle is very loud, why wouldn't we want to make it quiet?"

  8. #983
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,093

    Default

    Suppressors are 100% no-no up here (with the exception of the military). Makes no sense to me.

  9. #984
    Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Villa Gorilla
    Age
    52
    Posts
    15,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've long thought different laws for suppressors are strange too. In the States, they're sinister things, but in Europe people are more like "Well shooting a rifle is very loud, why wouldn't we want to make it quiet?"
    If somebody made me in charge the NFA would be totally revamped. SBS, SBR and suppressors would no longer be susceptible to the SOT.

  10. #985
    Senior Member Death.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    If somebody made me in charge the NFA would be totally revamped. SBS, SBR and suppressors would no longer be susceptible to the SOT.

    And then there are people who would rather require every semi-automatic firearm to be registered as NFA. Ohhhhhhhhh politics.

    I wonder if we were forced to register our evil murderous weapons as NFA if we could then do SBR/SBS and suppressors without an additional tax stamp? Hmm.

  11. #986
    Milo Drinker of Death Flagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The (South)Island of Misfit Toys
    Posts
    15,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    Roy, as strict as the Canadian gun laws seem to be, is there no a min. barrel length or overall length for a scattergun?
    Similar issue here in NZ:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-549236610.htm

  12. #987
    Breck Girl riderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ancient hatreds and modern weapons, that's my kind of show -George Carlin
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death. View Post
    And then there are people who would rather require every semi-automatic firearm to be registered as NFA. Ohhhhhhhhh politics.

    I wonder if we were forced to register our evil murderous weapons as NFA if we could then do SBR/SBS and suppressors without an additional tax stamp? Hmm.
    IIRC pistols were originally scheduled to be NFA weapons in 1934, but were removed for some reason I cannot remember.

  13. #988
    Member Engine Mech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CHCH New Zealand
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Just came back from the range after shooting smokeless and black powder shotguns. My son brought along his Winchester model 1911 and he tried it out on some clay targets, first with smokeless and then a round of clays firing black powder. The gun fired and cycled perfectly with every thing we put through it including mystery reloads i was given. These are well made shotguns but not very popular for some reason.

  14. #989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've long thought different laws for suppressors are strange too. In the States, they're sinister things, but in Europe people are more like "Well shooting a rifle is very loud, why wouldn't we want to make it quiet?"
    In some parts of europe at least. Here i Sweden they where banned for a long time (there was exeptions) and the main reason was to stop poaching but today itīs just to seek a permit for them and itīs a done deal. or rather: Seek the permit, wait for between a month up to 6 months so someone at the police get the thumb out of there a r s e and then get the permit. Itīs a new permit for every new silenser.

  15. #990
    the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Profane in spirit if not in word
    Posts
    21,439

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    If somebody made me in charge the NFA would be totally revamped. SBS, SBR and suppressors would no longer be susceptible to the SOT.
    Not to further derail the thread, but why would you keep any of NFA? I can see maybe certain destructive devices, but why should folks have to pay fees just to get an automatic weapon? If it is legal, then why financially screw people over it and throw on extra restrictions?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •