Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: The Newbies - Save your money thread

My first AEG was a CA M15A4 Carbine. It lasted 3 skirmishes. I had a wiring/electrical problem straight outta the box and then the gearbox fell apart without abusing the gun at all.

The shop exchanged it for a TM M4-S System which I requested as most of my friends were using TM guns with no problems apart from barrel wobble on the old version M4/M16 which is why I went for the S System (no wobble).. and I've had no problems whatsoever with it in over a year.

Straight out of the box I was a little disappointed with the plasticy feel of the TM gun compared to the CA and without upgrades I was a little disappointed with the M4-S peformance as far as range, accuracy, FPS (call your hits dammit!) and rate of fire.. so after reading lots of stuff on the internet I decide I'd unfortunately bought a lemon with my original M15 Carbine and decided to take the plunge and buy another.

I bought a CA M15A4 CQB.. and I haven't regretted my decision at all!
    Absolutely gorgeous weapon, no problems whatsoever so far (4 months), phenomenal rate of fire with a 9.6v battery, approx 345fps outta the box, better range than my M4-S despite the shorter barrel and pretty accurate too.

I love my CA CQB so much that.. I usually keep all my airsoft gear packed away but leave the CQB out propped up against the wall of my bedroom and occasionally give it a sneaky peek whilst doing the girlfriend!!

Quote Originally Posted by asch View Post
    man, ICS guns are crap. seriously. take Marui, CA, G&P or something.
    i just got a Tokyo Marui M16A2. it's great.

Have you had problems with ICS before? Is that why you hate them so much because I think from my personal experiences they are very reliable, built strong, and shoot great. The new ICS version 4 is the best mp5 out there and so was the the version 3, ect. I don't have anything against other brands, heck I own a tokyo marui gun, I just like better build quality and higher fps stock wich ICS gives for a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by w00k1e View Post
    I love my CA CQB so much that.. I usually keep all my airsoft gear packed away but leave the CQB out propped up against the wall of my bedroom and occasionally give it a sneaky peek whilst doing the girlfriend!!
    You have some issues my friend!

hey guys sorry to be a pain wondering your thoughts on these for first gun as im not sure about getting in to airsoft.

http://www.******************/acatalog...uns.html#a1379

was looking at either:

EG 706 G3 SAS AEG

WellFire R-6 Auto/Semi Electric

WellFire R-8 Auto/Semi Electric

WellFire R-5 Auto/Semi Electric

M9 Both Elephant

many thanks.

brad

I know that I am not going to be the only person to tell you this......DO NOT GET ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY VERSION 2 PIECES OF JUNK!!!!!!!!!! When I first started I bought one of those ver. 2 tokyo marui clone whatevers, and it ended in disaster. It was the worst waste of my money, they will not last you at all and you will be greatly disapointed. Pay alittle more and get a tokyo marui, or ICS. If you want to save even more than get a Classic Army. You will not be disapointed with a tokyo marui, ICS, or Classic Army airsoft gun. I rest my case

Don't know if you guys have seen my other thread, but I have a question:
    Does anyone have any experience with the A&K M4-S?
    I'm thinking of buying it to replace my TM M16 that I'm selling to a friend.
    My problem with the M16 was that it was rather long (I play in a forested area, so trees and brush are a annoyance), and I like the M4 series better.
    Only reason I bought it was because I figured that the longer barrel would give me some extra range. I'm still looking over my options for a new AEG, and this one caught my eye. Not very expensive, M4 series, and has some metal on it.
    Anyone want to comment that has used or owned one?

At our last game this past Sunday I asked a kid about his A&K S-System. I asked what kind is it? He responded with an "It's an M4" .. lol no no who makes it... A&K. He shoots, it sounded great. From what I saw, I guess I would recommend it.. lol then he asks, "How does your's fire?" ( It's an upgraded CA CQB ) lol, I bet he was like wtf!? koo lol

Thanks for the...story.
    But I've decided to get a TM M4 v2.
    Thanks anyway.

Is a Well R7 M4 RIS A good beginner rifle or would i be better off with an Echo 1?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by prebanman View Post
    kinda depends on how you plan on playing and where. some places require you to wear full seal goggles, some even require a full paintball mask (usually if your under 18) so checking that out is a good idea before spending money.

shooting glasses are a good option, ESS ICE's are a nice choice (only run about 30 bucks or so) and wont fog much, but even these will fog under some conditions.
    myself, I use a pair of mesh goggles I made from thick screening and a pair of chainsaw mesh goggles, this is the most simple and (i think) best option for playing during the day, they cant fog and dont distort the image to any real degree (aside from at night when they are unusable)

-patry
    I hope you put a pair of safety glasses under that wire mesh mask....

I did a test using shooting goggles you can buy at walmart for about 5 bucks a pair, and a wire mesh mask. My son and I shot a total of 800 rounds at each of the eyeware. And, I will tell you this much, spend a little more money and het some real eye protection instead of the mask. The goggles actually withstood multiple hits fires from a CA SR24 rated at 450fps using .23g BBs fired from a distance of 35' and a CA M15A4CQB fired under the same conditions. We both found out that the wire mask was actually like wearing nothing at all....litteraly. BB fragments were able to pass through the wire on the mask, and fragments actually pierced the news paper we had posted underneath the mask to show if there were any hits.

Save your money.....buy a good pair of goggles....do not use wire face masks.

Banned user

For those of you starting airsoft, I am going to list a series of AEG, where to buy, and quality. Nothing breaks an airsofters heart than spending a whole lot of hard-earned money, only to have your gun keel over during the first skirmish. So, I am going to share with you what I have learned and what I have researched, and I hope this will help all you people new to airsoft as a sport.

Guns under $200 (budget class....as the saying goes, beware..you get what you pay for, and the guns I have found have good reliability and won't have to make you take out a 2dmortage to pay for them....

UTG AK47 Warhawk series...280FPS....good construction....nice feel....cons...cheap gear boxes, hassel to upgrade. But, for the price, it cannot be beat. Price:$109-$129

Echo1 M16/M4 series....300-350 out of the box...TM quality construction. Upgradeable gear box....price:$135.00 cons...some parts in gear box need to be upgraded to last.

Over $200.00.....high end AEG

Tokyo Mauri...these guns set the standard for construction, feel, realism, and value. These are the guns to get...great FPS 280-310 depending on model....robust construction...very well built. Cons...plasticy, toy feel. Kind of a turn off for some. Cost...$250-$400. Guns to get, M14, socom16, M4, M16, SSG552, and s-system.

Classic Army...metal construction. Realistic feel, and weight. Good FPS, 320-350 out of the box. Great reliabilty. Cost:$300-$450

Guns to get...CA M15A4CQB, M15A4, and SR25. Great guns, good price range.

I am outfitting my airsoft team, and I am footing the bill. My players play tough with the guns I buy, and I expect them to perform reliably without alot of down time for repairs. I use Airsoftgi.com as one of my suppliers, and Precision airsoft as my other. Both stores offer good customer service, decent prices, and good selection. They are also helpful in helping you choose what airsoft gun best fits your needs.

Can I be in your team... Pleeeeeeeease!?!

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by scheer View Post
    Can I be in your team... Pleeeeeeeease!?!
    Sure!!! But, you have to live in Utah, within a 50 radius of Tooele, and sign a liability waiver, and not have a criminal background...cannot, at all drink(alcoholic bevrages)use drugs, and wiling to pass abackground check....you will probably be working with junior airsofters in the 12-14 yr range

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by brad 1 View Post
    hey guys sorry to be a pain wondering your thoughts on these for first gun as im not sure about getting in to airsoft.

http://www.******************/acatalog...uns.html#a1379

was looking at either:

EG 706 G3 SAS AEG

WellFire R-6 Auto/Semi Electric

WellFire R-8 Auto/Semi Electric

WellFire R-5 Auto/Semi Electric

M9 Both Elephant

many thanks.

brad
    Your best bet would be to spend a little more money, and I would recommend you buying a echo1 AEG, or a tokyo mauri, or a classic army