Page 52 of 280 FirstFirst ... 242444546474849505152535455565758596062102152 ... LastLast

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Now some serious stuff, some days ago i made some pictures of some TNI-AD toys, including the FH-2000! Sy belum perna lihat foto2 dari FH-2000 di internet, apalagi 'in real life' dari dekat. Mudah-mudahan foto2 sy memang yg pertama...muhahaaa. I also made some close-up pictures of the FH-2000, but this is our newest field houwitzer, so its a little bit sensitive. One of the soldiers also asked me to make only pictures of the AMX-13 and AMX-VCI. Jadi... sy hanya pasang foto2 ini saja.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Now some serious stuff, some days ago i made some pictures of some TNI-AD toys, including the FH-2000! Sy belum perna lihat foto2 dari FH-2000 di internet, apalagi 'in real life' dari dekat. Mudah-mudahan foto2 sy memang yg pertama...muhahaaa. I also made some close-up pictures of the FH-2000, but this is our newest field houwitzer, so its a little bit sensitive. One of the soldiers also asked me to make only pictures of the AMX-13 and AMX-VCI. Jadi... sy hanya pasang foto2 ini saja.

Are the howitzers and light tanks from the same unit? Btw where was this taken?

great pics kopassus. thx... this time u'r the first..hehehe

thx to original uploader: copraldjono@kaskus.us

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Are the howitzers and light tanks from the same unit? Btw where was this taken?
    First question:dont know.
    Second: Jawa Barat

Quote Originally Posted by karbol View Post
    thx to original uploader: copraldjono@kaskus.us

Rudal apa ini? Foto 2 dan 3 seperti RBS70....

Kasultanan Ngayugyakarta Hadiningrat (Jogjakarta Special Region)

missiles launcher in the last pic, look like javelin ATGM, but it's not, what is that?

last picture for me it is LRAC 89 rocket antitank short range the diameter of the javelin is bigger and the sight are not the same.
    I'm surprise because I don't know indonesian forces use this rocket launcher.

Yepp, top and bottom pics show LRAC 89 anti-tank launcher, pic 2 & 3 show RBS-70 SAM and pic 4 shows the C-90 CR disposable anti-tank launcher.

--------------

Another Indonesian 4x4, don't know the name...
    Edit/ I just see that the vehicle plate says "Rantis Prototype", so I guess now I know it's name

Quote Originally Posted by samourai View Post
    last picture for me it is LRAC 89 rocket antitank short range the diameter of the javelin is bigger and the sight are not the same.
    I'm surprise because I don't know indonesian forces use this rocket launcher.
    Dear Member,

I didn't either. I did an article on the LRAC 89 back in the 1980s and I was told it was the second most used crew served light antitank weapon after the Carl Gustav. But the French don't talk about who they supply it to. It was designed to replace the Korean War US designed 3.5 inch Super Bazooka. Solved a lot of problems that the Super Bazooka had (ie having to unpack the rocket and load it). A lot of features were copied from the LRAC 89 by other arms designers -- eg the Israeli B-300. Also the LRAC 89 antitank round has an extremely high penetration for an 89mm HEAT projectile. Lucharie also offers an anti-personnel round that is similar to a claymore mine in effect packed with steel ball bearings.

Finally, the photo before the LRAC 89 is of a Spanish individual light antitank rocket.

Jack E. Hammond

PS> From some of the messages I have read it seems that the Indonesians and Dutch have at last got over the 1945-49 War. Many thought that would never happen as it was such a bitter war on par with the Spanish Civil War of 1936.

Folks,

Does anyone have the history of Indonesia and the Rapier. Did they acquire them new or from Singapore or Australia?

Jack E. Hammond

[quote=jackehammond;2954203]Dear Member,

I didn't either. I did an article on the LRAC 89 back in the 1980s and I was told it was the second most used crew served light antitank weapon after the Carl Gustav. But the French don't talk about who they supply it to. It was designed to replace the Korean War US designed 3.5 inch Super Bazooka. Solved a lot of problems that the Super Bazooka had (ie having to unpack the rocket and load it). A lot of features were copied from the LRAC 89 by other arms designers -- eg the Israeli B-300. Also the LRAC 89 antitank round has an extremely high penetration for an 89mm HEAT projectile. Lucharie also offers an anti-personnel round that is similar to a claymore mine in effect packed with steel ball bearings.

Finally, the photo before the LRAC 89 is of a Spanish individual light antitank rocket.

Jack E. Hammond

Indonesia acquired the LRAC 89 back in the 1980's (I think). I knew this from my father who was an army officer working in the Army Procurement Dept. French even has 'permanent' reps for their defence industry back then - that's how I got MILAN and HOT posters (didn't even realized what was it then).

As far as I can remember, Indonesia was a good customer with the French. I still have a catalogue from French's SATORY (kind of Defence industry show) from back then. And you're right, there's LRAC 89.

Speaking of history it was rather funny for me that French and British at some point tried (and still is) to sell as many as possible their arms products to us at the same time. The British even held a special 'promotion' day where they show: Range Rovers (new at that time), Rapier and Sterling sub-machine guns.

As far as I know, Indonesian Rapier came brand new. But I maybe wrong.

Greek SF also use the LRAC-89 (or Strim) as squad level AT

The Rapiers were new. The purchase was made in early to mid 80's. According to IISS-published Military Balance 1985-1986 edition, Indonesia purchased 51 launchers. The main purpose of the purchase was to safeguard 'critical national installations' such as gas fields at Bontang and Arun and oil refinery at Dumai. Back then - that line of reasoning might be relevant considering that PGM proliferation was at infancy.

I'll go check in the local library next weekend for the latest ed of Military Balance - the Rapier should still be listed on the inventory even though their usability might be dubious at best since their shelf life should be expired by now.

By the way - does anybody know about any of the recent 'arms purchase plans' such as Fincantieri-aided national corvette, Russian-designed-Spain-built OPV, Kilo class, Sukhoi addition and BMP-3 purchase?

There are so many news flying around about them on message boards and some Indonesian national newspapers but they are really much ado about nothing.

The $1B Russian credit line has so far been unused since there has been no bank (or banks) willing to secure the funds. Kilo class purchase is in limbo - the new navy chief does not seem to be very keen in getting the new subs. The Sukhoi purchase that has been trumpeted is nothing more than an Mou - not a purchase contract.

I'm a global commodity manager for a Fortune 500 company so I know a thing or two about the difference of MoU and firm purchase order. MoU does not mean squat if there is no purchase order or contract - and as far as I know - there has been no FIRM purchase. Same thing with Italian corvette and Russo-Spanish OPV.

Anybody hear anything different - please share it on the board.