Page 101 of 280 FirstFirst ... 519193949596979899100101102103104105106107108109111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4186

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

A typical TNI field post. That newpaper is published 2-3 days ago, or may be last week...

What does the Captain want me to look for ? GAM, beautiful village girls, mango trees or wild boars ?

Cleaning up the SS1. Yup, you never know when it's gonna jammed.
    this set of pics taken during Cot Trieng siege... i was in aceh in 2002-2003. i do have my own pics. but that day i dont have digital camera... so i have to find some scanner first..

Quote Originally Posted by alsadiyarto View Post
    Pic 1 and 3, that's not Ferret...that's Saracen. The only one thing new in that old-faithfull is the engine. Pic 2, It's AMX-VTT...an APC variant of AMX-13 light tank.

Well, we're damn lucky coz GAM was sucks with their RPGs. They only know to pose with it in front of camera. Just imagine if they were good at it...man, TNI casualties would be higher. One RPG direct hit, those Saracen and AMX will blow to kingdom come!
    TNI was hoping a lot of RPG is fired by GAM, so all of their old inventory can be subtituted wit the new one...
    No wonder TNI sent all of their old inventory to ACEH...

Another Video of TNI AD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9A3EZjh8c8

Guys.. dont forget to hunt photos from TNI anniversary ceremony at Koarmatim Surabaya...

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Pic 1 and 3, that's not Ferret...that's Saracen. The only one thing new in that old-faithfull is the engine. Pic 2,
    The engine and what looks like a CIS-50 HMG on the ring mount (normally the Saracen carried a Bren LMG there.

Default Great pictures!

Wed May 7, An Indonesian Marine trooper points his rifle during an inspection ceremony attended by Indonesia's military chief General Endriartono Sutarto in Surabaya, May 7, 2003. Sutarto told the troops on Wednesday to brace for war in Aceh as separatist rebels in the country's western most province were refusing to lay down their weapon. *******/Budi Alifian.
    Trivia: what AK is it ?

--- I think it's a Bulgarian made AK...dont know the type though...

Indonesian soldiers hold their rifles at their post outside the city of Lhokseumawe in Indonesian's restive Aceh province on May 12, 2003. Jakarta said overnight it would take military
    action after its deadline for rebels to hold fresh talks to iron out growing differences between the two sides ran out. President Megawati Sukarnoputri will decide the timing in the next few days. *******/Supri.
    Trivia: what rifle is it ?

--- It's SS1-V2 with barrel-launch grenade, it's very rare. I'm guessing that these soldiers are from the local army unit. Note the old style helmet.

Finally, the last & most shocking picture:

A soldier passionately kissed his Acehnese girl friend before departing back to Java. This picture was shocking the TNI head quarter in Jakarta. The fate of this couple is unknown.
    --- All is fair in love and war, right?

Nice set of pictures, chief. [/quote]

Master Chief - I bow down to you - these are all great shots, good captions as well.

The last picture is very surprising. I have not been home for 10 years now but a display of affection like that was not common back then.

I wonder .... seems you have a good access to the military - if you could get shots of the Sukhois - preferably when they're deck out with ordnance ...... (wink wink) ......

Toronto .. nah, theres no igloos up here.

Oh bro; you didnt have to re-post the pictures all over again. Just a friendly note to all: please dont re post pictures, especially if they are only a few pages away. Were just wasting 'precious' pages, and to be frank it gets kinda annoying seeing the same pictures over and over in different pages. Thanks all.

ps. Amazing compilation master chief.

I think this picture is a breaking news from TNI....

They are now do the trial for weisel Z1... any info or comment?

Toronto .. nah, theres no igloos up here.

IMO would be a better idea if the Army just procure more FV class Scorpions if possible. Imagine the logistical burdens that would be put on the Army's shoulders keeping in mind that they still have to worry about the AMX and the Scorpions.

Quote Originally Posted by fcaesarn View Post
    I think this picture is a breaking news from TNI....

They are now do the trial for weisel Z1... any info or comment?
    maybe its an old picture of the 90ties. In that time we have to choose between Scorpions and Wiesels.

I have read in a magazine that during test trials of the KOBRA system, they have fired 4 GROM missiles, but none of them hit the test drone/remote controlled aircraft, so its not really a fantastic air defence system.

Hi Kopassus!

Can you tell me which magazine article that info on the Kobra came from? I wanna read it.....! Sounds strange becuase GROM is supposed to be a good missile.. maybe operators not used to equipment....? Or remote control drone pilots too good!

Quote Originally Posted by Joh**** Bau View Post
    Hi Kopassus!

Can you tell me which magazine article that info on the Kobra came from? I wanna read it.....! Sounds strange becuase GROM is supposed to be a good missile.. maybe operators not used to equipment....? Or remote control drone pilots too good!
    Defender, edisi September. Maybe the R/C aircraft was to small?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Defender, edisi September. Maybe the R/C aircraft was to small?
    I think they wouldn't hit The R/C because it is'nt efficient if they have to provide 1 R/C to destroyed just for the excersise...

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    I have read in a magazine that during test trials of the KOBRA system, they have fired 4 GROM missiles, but none of them hit the test drone/remote controlled aircraft, so its not really a fantastic air defence system.
    yes, i heard it too. but the reason is the operator are not trained well.. it is a new toy by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Joh**** Bau View Post
    Hi Kopassus!

Incredible pictures Karbol! Terimakasih very much beaucoup!

Joh **** Bau: I have also read in Defender that we have signed a contract in Agustus for 17 BMP-3F (so not anymore the planned 20) worth Rp455 milyar/ $50.000.000.

PS: I saw in the General Discussion that Greece/Yunani wants to buy 420 BMP-3M.....