Page 101 of 277 FirstFirst ... 519193949596979899100101102103104105106107108109111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4153

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Toronto .. nah, theres no igloos up here.

Right back at you GGK; anyways is that a Malaysian operative to the right with the M4?

terrorist sympathiser

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium37 View Post
    Right back at you GGK; anyways is that a Malaysian operative to the right with the M4?
    Yes a Paskal trooper

Never knew they were issued with US BDU's.

terrorist sympathiser

Never knew they were issued with US BDU's.
    off topic

PASKAL were the only unit that have its own type of BDU...i dont know why, may be a navy thing.

Ah; thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post
    Yes a Paskal trooper
    Nice good-neighbor-propaganda picture, GGK.
    The right one is a Paskal. The left one, judging from the insignia on his bush hat, is a Marines, more precisely from Yontaifib. These two Navy elite warriors have trained together many many times, and yet they are the ones who likely will clash face-to-face should Ambalat conflict getting more "official".

But as usual, Peace !

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Its really terrible if we cannot even pay such a small number of BMP-3s. Just $50 jt. Only the most stupid primitive poor countries use such old garbage as the BTR-40/50, Ferret and Sarracen. And we are proud at our 18 Type-85/Giant Bow AAA......
    Iyalah...pantes kita dikertawain sama negara2 tetengga.
    Hoorahhh, Kopassus !

Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post
    off topic

PASKAL were the only unit that have its own type of BDU...i dont know why, may be a navy thing.
    I like the tiger *****es camo worn by GGK, combined with the maroon beret.

My US woodland camo BDU, I wear it to the shopping mall...

...del... But the Navy sure did give the Malaysians a scare when the Navy announced to procure KILO submarines. Too bad the deal was cancelled. ...del...
    Can you or somebody show us the final government decision on the Kilo ?

Too bad, I was wondering (but not hoping, Peace !) sometime in the future we will be able to see under-water dogfights between the Kilo & the Scorpene, somewhere in Ambalat water ...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

Too bad, I was wondering (but not hoping, Peace !) sometime in the future we will be able to see under-water dogfights between the Kilo & the Scorpene, somewhere in Ambalat water ...
    this article might help (in Bahasa): http://majalah.tempointeraktif.com/i...128382.id.html

the Navy Chief said, if our neighbour have a herder, at least we must have herder. but rotweiler or bulldog will be better... describe it your self..

Well you're right about that tragic accident. May the fallen Marines rest in peace. I very much agree they should of scrapped those BTR's 10 years ago. But it is still a blurr to me of what is the actual reason that the accident hapenned in the first place. We need to find out the specific reason that machines malfunctioned. About the Ambalat lets leave that to the central gov't to resolve that diplomatically. But the Navy sure did give the Malaysians a scare when the Navy announced to procure KILO submarines. Too bad the deal was cancelled. Anyways, Indonesia plays a pretty important role in the region. Biggest economy in SEA, we dont need sophisticated military to be taken seriously.
    The problem with the Marinir tragedy was that they should not have conducted the exercise in such poor conditions. The problem lies with the commander who obviously does not know the capability of the equipment under his command. Safety of his troops is paramount when it comes to field exercises. Sending people out to die is the thing of the past. The key is knowing your force capabilities. Big waves means there is a chance that equipment will be lost.

I agree things will take time to progress with RI's defence program. Give it some time for the economy to strengthen as it is in a poor state right now. Hopefully the procurement process continues to undergo refor and become more transparent so that Generals don't continue making money out of these deals - that is just plain criminal. There has been progress in this area so let's hope it continues.

RI will have only have to worry about conflict when China possibly starts swallowing up the resource-rich maritime areas (Spratly Islands) of ASEAN's northern members within the next 50 years. Will Indonesia and the other ASEAN members stand up against China if Phillipines' or Vietnam's resources are grabbed by China? A decision will need to be made to stand up to China....

Quote Originally Posted by karbol View Post
    this article might help (in Bahasa): http://majalah.tempointeraktif.com/i...128382.id.html

the Navy Chief said, if our neighbour have a herder, at least we must have herder. but rotweiler or bulldog will be better... describe it your self..
    OK, it's credible enough when the Navy Chief himself said that. I guess TNI-AL believe that Kilo won't match Scorpene, which I doubt.

The robust diesel-electric SSK, if carefully handled, she could be as quiet as the grave. Stealth is the watchword of all submarines. Among all underwater warriors, the Kilo is one of the most stealthty. She can run, unseen, beneath the water surface at speed upto 17 knots, on electric motors powered by her huge battery. At low speeds, the soft hum of her power unit is almost indiscernible. In fact the only time the Kilo is at any serious risk of detection - save by active sonar - is when she comes to periscope depth to recharge her battery (snorkelling).

Running slowly & silently, the Kilo has a range of some 400 miles before she needs to recharge. She can travel 6000 miles "snorkelling" before she needs to refuel. It takes a crew of only 52 to run her as a front-line fighting unit. She carries upto 24 torpedoes & also a small battery of short range SAM. For Soviet Union or Russia, two of the torpedoes are routinely fitted with nuclear warheads.

Too bad, TNI-AL has cancelled them.

OK, it's credible enough when the Navy Chief himself said that. I guess TNI-AL believe that Kilo won't match Scorpene, which I doubt.

The robust diesel-electric SSK, if carefully handled, she could be as quiet as the grave. Stealth is the watchword of all submarines. Among all underwater warriors, the Kilo is one of the most stealthty. She can run, unseen, beneath the water surface at speed upto 17 knots, on electric motors powered by her huge battery. At low speeds, the soft hum of her power unit is almost indiscernible. In fact the only time the Kilo is at any serious risk of detection - save by active sonar - is when she comes to periscope depth to recharge her battery (snorkelling).

Running slowly & silently, the Kilo has a range of some 400 miles before she needs to recharge. She can travel 6000 miles "snorkelling" before she needs to refuel. It takes a crew of only 52 to run her as a front-line fighting unit. She carries upto 24 torpedoes & also a small battery of short range SAM. For Soviet Union or Russia, two of the torpedoes are routinely fitted with nuclear warheads.

Too bad, TNI-AL has cancelled them.
    i think we should have Kilo Class subs rather than other type of subs like Type 209 which i assume the strength and technology is below Scorpene subs, not to mention if the Kilo equipped with skhval torpedo, it's sure a very deadly opponent to sub and surface vessels.

but then again it's also up to the house of representatives to close the deal, which i doubt they will do that and my guess is we cancelled the Kilo's deal because of the political issues..

But it is still a blurr to me of what is the actual reason that the accident hapenned in the first place. We need to find out the specific reason that machines malfunctioned. .
    the reason why the accident happened is simple... that BTRs should be scrapped many years ago, it's not fully reliable anymore for combat and training purpose, or in the other word it's a dead coffin..

not cancelled........
    just another beaurocacy jam....in the "depkeu"......
    n its all bcoz OZ is freaked.......n send some notes.......?????
    why we always polite to our "tetangga"