Page 17 of 280 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252767117 ... LastLast

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Jakarta After The Riots - Mei 1998

JAKARTA AFTER THE RIOTS
    Original caption: Military patrol in the Chinese quarter. The Chinese shops are most threatened by the pillages.
    Image: LANGEVIN JACQUES/CORBIS SYGMA
    Photographer: Jacques Langevin
    Date Photographed: May 16, 1998

THE CRISIS IN INDONESIA: THE SITUATION IN JAKARTA
    Original caption: A patrol group from the Indonesian army arrives at the scene of the pillages in the Chinese quarter.
    Image: CORBIS SYGMA
    Photographer: Cornelis Metselaar
    Date Photographed: May 14, 1998

JAKARTA AFTER THE RIOTS
    Original caption: Tanks occupy the town center, while according to witnesses the army did not stop the pillaging.

JAKARTA AFTER THE RIOTS
    Original caption: Military presence in front of the hotel Hyatt in the town center.

CRISIS IN INDONESIA: THE SITUATION IN JAKARTA
    Original caption: The town center is occupied and controlled by the army.
    Date Photographed: May 20, 1998

ATMOSPHERE IN JAKARTA AFTER SUHARTO'S RESIGNATION
    Original caption: The army lets children play on the tanks. (Penguasa sesungguhnya Kota Jakarta : anak-anak)
    Date Photographed: May 21, 1998

A brief about Indonesian-made combat vehicle

There are several institutions that contributed in it, those are :

1. PT. DI (formerly IPTN)
    2. PT. Sentra Surya Ekajaya (in cooperation with PT. DI)
    3. PT. Pindad
    4. Bengpus PAL TNI-AD
    5. Marinir

PT. DI and PT Sentra Surya Ekajaya

PT. DI designed P2 KEV to respond requirement of local made Armored Personal Carrier (APC). Few Prototypes were built, but due to limitation of budget at that time it was impossible for PT DI to bring it to mass production.

Therefore PT DI search for local counterpart which are willing to invest into this program. There was PT Sentra Surya Ekajaya, a company in west java who got interested to bring the prototype into mass production.
    The PT. DI P2 KEV was then produced into at least 3 variants, which are :

1. P2 Komando

2. P2 APC

3. P2 APC Police

Im not sure wether this is P2 APC - Police or one made by PT Skunk Engineering Jakarta

They're also developing other special purpose vehicle , The P3 Ransus/Cheetah

PT. Pindad

APR (Angkut Personil Ringan) - Light Personel Carrier
    During TNI Operation in Aceh, lots of TNI trucks were being ambushed by GAM. TNI asked Pindad to build a new vehicle that could give better protection to soldiers, cheap, easy to maintain and must be delivered into service in shortime after.

They soon came up with APR-1-V1, a 4-wheeled APC based from commercial Isuzu truck. With 4.570cc Diesel engine it produce 3.200 HP, It could carry up to 12 persons and speed up till max 100 kmh.

APR-1-V1

Pindad also made further variant of it called APR-2, but unluckily I couldn't find any info about it. I only got two pictures which I assumed to be APR-2, any info about it?

APR-2

APS (Angkut Personel Sedang) - Medium Personel Carrier
    Pindad's further development is APS, base of APS is Texmaco 6 wheeled truck.
    The vehicle's design was kinda unique since it has 2 sliding door on both side of vehicle along with one on its back. The vehicle was more like to be a military limo rather than a combat vehicle.
    There were two variants made, the APS-1-V1 and APS it self. They basically the same, but APS has a single centered driver compartment and 2 sliding doors on it side.
    Both variants could carry up to 13 personel, and it equipped with 12.7 caliber, AGL and possible 20 mm's.

APS1-V1

APS

Prototype Panser 6x6

The new 6x6 panser is still in prototype, Pindad even havent got any name for it.
    But surely the vehicle was designed as true panser since its no longer built from any commercial truck. It has monoqoque body with engine compartment linear to passanger cabin, which makes it fully upgradeable into full amphibious vehicle.
    The engine is Texmaco 6.595 Turbo Diesel with 260-300 HP. Top speed about 115 kmh and could carry up to 13 fully equipped personels. It also has cupola on its top-side.
    Two of the prototypes were broght to parade on TNI anniversary. And It seemed that the army already ordered 100 of them.

Bengpus PAL TNI-AD
    It is an internal Maintenance Division of the army. It has developed several vehicle, which are :

1. APC Ahmad Yani

2. Cakra FAV

3. Rantis Paksi

I still dont have any detailed information about this vehicle.
    I have few pictures which I assumed to be Paksi. I hope anyone could give me further detail about it.

Marinir (Navy Marines)
    This division in Indonesian Navy has created The JASGU (Jeep Amphibi Serba Guna) the Multi Purpose Amphibious Jeep. The marines already have three variants of it.

JASGU 1.
    - 1800 cc engine
    - 4 personels

JASGU 2
    - 1800 cc petrol (for land use) and 2500 cc diesel (for water use)
    - Speed on water 7 knot

JASGU 3
    - 4300 cc diesel engine
    - Land speed 105 kmh
    - Speed on water 15 knot
    - 13 personels

Raptor and Aligator
    They also build Raptor and Aligator, the Armored VIP and Troops Carrier Vehicle

Raptor
    - Armoured VIP Carrier Vehicle
    - diesel 4 cylinder in line
    - 125 PS
    - body Armoured Steel 8 mm,
    - 7 passanger, 2 crew

Aligator
    - Armoured Personel Carrier Vehicle
    - diesel 4 cylinder in line
    - 125 PS
    - body Armoured Steel 8 mm,
    - 20 equipped personel, 3 crew
    - SMR RPD 12,7 mm.

* [left] Aligator, [right] Raptor
    Last edited by darkpole; 12-06-2006 at 06:47 AM.

Very nice, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darkpole View Post
    A brief about Indonesian-made combat vehicle

Pindad also made further variant of it called APR-2, but unluckily I couldn't find any info about it. I only got two pictures which I assumed to be APR-2, any info about it?

[/B] I still dont have any detailed information about this vehicle.
    I have few pictures which I assumed to be Paksi. I hope anyone could give me further detail about it.

I think both images show the same vehicle, the RPP or RPP-1 (Ranpur Pengangkut Personil). The vehicle is based on a LandRover chassis and is powered by a 93hp Isuzu turbocharged diesel engine. There is also a 6x6 variant.

Edit: the vehicles are similar but not the same. The one in 4-colour camo is probably the RPP-1.
    Last edited by calimero2; 12-06-2006 at 06:57 AM.

APR-1-V1

Pindad also made further variant of it called APR-2, but unluckily I couldn't find any info about it.
    I understand that the APR I-V1 is also called the APR Versi Polri (police?) while the APR II-V2 is the military model (Versi TNI).

And yet another "Rantis":

Quote Originally Posted by calimero2 View Post
    Very nice, thanks!

I think both images show the same vehicle, the RPP or RPP-1 (Ranpur Pengangkut Personil). The vehicle is based on a LandRover chassis and is powered by a 93hp Isuzu turbocharged diesel engine. There is also a 6x6 variant.

Edit: the vehicles are similar but not the same. The one in 4-colour camo is probably the RPP-1.
    Thanks calimero2,
    I've search again and I've found that this APC is one that made by PT. Skunk Engineering Jakarta, It is based on Land Rover and I still havent know its name. hihihi.
    Its been the rival for APR-1-V1

Rantis stands for Kendaraan Taktis or Tactical Vehicle in English,
    Indonesia has built several Prototype of rantis, only few of them are brought to production.

One of them is Maesa PT44.
    http://www.pacifictec.net
    Few pictures of Rantis PT44 made by PT. Pasific Technology I.A.D Indonesia

PT. Pindad
    APR (Angkut Personil Ringan) - Light Personel Carrier
    This source:

http://www.kuningan.go.id/modules.ph...rticle&sid=157

also mentions the APK (kendaraan patroli poliisi) or APK2-V1.

I was told that TNI also uses CIS 50 HMG but I have not seen it, the pix below shown aHMG with double feed of ammo with two ammo rack at the side, seem to be CIS 50 indeed.

APS1-V1
    I also read somewhere the designator APS2-V1. This might be either the one with the single cabin or maybe the VAB clone ("Panser 6x6").

Quote Originally Posted by gary1910 View Post
    I was told that TNI also uses CIS 50 HMG but I have not seen it, the pix below shown aHMG with double feed of ammo with two ammo rack at the side, seem to be CIS 50 indeed.

I guess it is. TNI use several CIS products, The Pindad itself already in agreement with CIS to manufacture the CIS 40-AGL 40 mm Grenade Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by calimero2 View Post
    I also read somewhere the designator APS2-V1. This might be either the one with the single cabin or maybe the VAB clone ("Panser 6x6").
    I guess it would be possible for the VAB clone (Panser 6x6) to be the APS-2-V1

During operation in Aceh

Marinir

Kostrad

Kopassus

I guess it is. TNI use several CIS products, The Pindad itself already in agreement with CIS to manufacture the CIS 40-AGL 40 mm Grenade Launcher
    Tks.

I also read a couple of reports that TNI is also interested in licensed produced of our Terrex AV-81 8x8 wheeled AFV, do you have update on it???

Default SBY, SS-1 dan SS-2

Presiden Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono memegang senapan SS-1 dan SS-2 disaksikan Panglima TNI M****kal Djoko Suyanto seusai menerima atlet TNI AD yang merebut juara pertama lomba menembak se-ASEAN di Istana Negara, Jakarta. Presiden SBY juga menyematkan Satya Lencana Pembangunan serta pemberian piagam tanda kehormatan kepada Direktur Utama PT. Pindad, Budi Santoso.(Foto-Abror)