Page 51 of 280 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657585961101151 ... LastLast

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Quote Originally Posted by karbol View Post
    haha.. i agree with you. for me personally, its not a really-really good news. but i heard, that indonesia navy (denjaka=marine spec ops), receive only few G-36 & HK 416. and its a gift, as a promotion from H&K... as well as the airforce (paskhas=airforce spec ops) receive the SAR-21, its a gift also.

the truth is, i rather see our soldier carry the PINDAD SS-2...
    What a nice gifts (HK G36 + HK-416)!
    No wonder all of them looks brand new - still smooth. But new or not, at least one of the G36 is fully loaded. They mean business.....

For Spec ops, weapons are selected based on operational requirements. Like a well trained musicians, this means the troops have a very wide range of repertoire to use. As the number of the troops are usually small, they don't need to buy or get large quantity of weapons (same arguments used by the US Army not to use HK 416 when their very own Delta Force used them in full).

As for the PINDAD SS-2, I agree. But does anyone knows how is the present quality of the SS-1 and SS-2? I mean the handling, accuracy etc...?

I heard SS-1 used to have problems with its quality but I was told that the latest version of SS-1 (marked with different hand grip pattern) is actually an improvement. But again I am curious if anyone here heard anything more?

Quote Originally Posted by Java Jongen View Post
    I know if Germany just sell G-36 in export version (use single scoope only), but in the picture use double scoope...look like bundeswehr , but i think that is different with bundeswehr has.
    Original Bundeswehr G36 has a Hensoldt HKV Red-Dot, whereas the Indonesian rifles have the Zeiss Z-Point, which is mounted on the G36A2 (available in relative small numbers for German infantry units and special forces) and the MP7 in the Bundeswehr.

So basically, the rifle shown above is a G36KA2 with AG36.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.t View Post

is there a rifle in the earth which not used in indonesian army ?
    Yes, mainly the bulpup ones: French FAMAS & Britton's SA80.

Quote Originally Posted by aswp01 View Post
    I am very impressed with the facts that Indonesian Armed Forces literally owns almost all major small arms in the world. I've seen products from Italy, US, Germany, Singapore, Russia, Bulgaria, Spain, Israel, Austria and many more.

Must be a real heaven for arms dealers.

But must be a real headache maintaining so many different weapons!
    Most of these foreign riffles are owned by special units, not the organic ones & in small quantities. Believe it or not, some are for free as samples. Some are stored in the academy, some are brought out to the battle fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    mate l think you need a serious standardization projects...

actually l more like this thread than other national army threads....
    because all kind equipments can be seen in inodesian army...

espceially PİNDAD is Very dynamic company...

but lm not sure this is bad or good so much various equipmnets in a army....different experiences mean stronger innovation...

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.t View Post
    mate l think you need a serious standardization projects...

actually l more like this thread than other national army threads....
    because all kind equipments can be seen in inodesian army...

espceially PİNDAD is Very dynamic company...

but lm not sure this is bad or good so much various equipmnets in a army....different experiences mean stronger innovation...
    actually, indonesia army do have a standard weapon. they use SS-1, and it will be replace by SS-2..

if you see indonesia army using various weapon, its only for show off, such as a parade or photo action. but in the field, they will use SS-1. except for special purpose, such as a hijacking, mostly they use MP-5.

The irony is Indonesia was offered FAMAS back in the 70's. But history recorded that Indonesia picked up the M-16.

actually, indonesia army do have a standard weapon. they use SS-1, and it will be replace by SS-2..

if you see indonesia army using various weapon, its only for show off, such as a parade or photo action. but in the field, they will use SS-1. except for special purpose, such as a hijacking, mostly they use MP-5.
    Agreed.

MP-5 is almost definite the favourite for Indonesian troops for ops duty (after the SS-1 and SS-2) in particular for the spec ops. Having said that, I saw mini Uzi being used in the field (circa 1998). Too bad I failed to save the pics.

does not look like a catamaran (two hulls joined by a frame), but kind of a mix between CB90 (front) and Mk V SOC (back)

-aneep-

Quote Originally Posted by Java Jongen View Post
    nice pics Karbol, do you have any specs info?
    speed: max 40 knot
    capacity: 20 personel

please check the link: http://www.suarasurabaya.net/v05/kel...95352200747216

sorry the link is in indonesia

I see it has two engines in the back, each attached to the rear hull.
    Using this double hull design ala catamaran, can you guess what will happen if one of the engines fails ?
    well, i guess they have to shut down the other engine, and start to row... hehhehe...

indonesia armed forces in UNIFIL service, GARUDA CONTINGENT XIIIA...

indonesia armed forces in UNIFIL service, GARUDA CONTINGENT XIIIA...

Some non-standard uniform for Indonesian armed forces (TNI):
    1. Black sun glasses.
    2. Altama dessert boots.
    3. Black utility vest.

Great pics!

The sun glasses are Rudy Projects. Their shop in Jakarta said that some unit from KOSTRAD bought them in unknown quantities. Great but expensive stuff!

I saw some pics of KOSTRAD Raiders troopers wearing the black vest while in Indonesia. I am not sure if it is unique just to KOSTRAD or for this assignment. But the trend now for the Indonesian armed forces is every unit is in competition to equipped themselves with different uniforms or equipments. Apart from the SS-1/2, almost nothing is 'standard' anymore here......

Thanks for the pictures!
    Our newest Flanker: the Su-27MK(?!)