Page 96 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4153

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

http://affanzbasalamah.wordpress.com...s-2-pt-pindad/

A lot of Pindad small arms, including the SM-3 LMG. Wish I could learn more of the specs. XP

LOL! Thanks. That was fast. No info yet on the SS2-V5?

Oh yeah, mind if I use the pic of the SS2 on wikipedia? I'm a regular contributer there.
    Last edited by Ominae; 09-27-2008 at 02:50 AM.

^^sorry, i didnt take a pics on SS-2V5 specs. nope.. i dont mind you use the pics..

Quote Originally Posted by karbol View Post
    ^^sorry, i didnt take a pics on SS-2V5 specs. nope.. i dont mind you use the pics..
    Right...

Thanks. Is the SS2-V5 suppose to be a carbine like the SS1-V5?

Anyway, went through the entry mentioned. I was sad when the author didn't show the two variants of the SM-3.

Looks like I was wrong to assume the SS-2V2 as the carbine version of the SS2-V1.

No other pic of the SS-2V5? Looks cool since the SS1-V5.

let's see again... hmmm.. after thinking again. i guess you right. the V-2 are the carbine version. and V-5 are the short barrel version... ooohhh.. i'm confuse

i dont know much about guns/riffle... so i may make a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDCM View Post
    Let's put together all Anti-Air assets that Indonesia has, if possible with the numbers. The 23mm is not the only one, at last.

ZU-23 (or rather it's Chinese knockoff named Type 85, as Kopassus noted). 23 mm Twin Gun

20mm Rh 202 Twin Gun

57mm S-60 Gun

Hispano Suiza 20mm Triple Mount on a M35 truck

37mm M1939 Gun

Not sure what this is. Possibly 40mm Bofors gun.

So, the important questions are:
    - How many of each has TNI?
    - Which of them are just old, hand-aimed AA-guns and which of them are connected to radar, data-transfer and other fancy kinds of detection and battlefield management systems?
    Yes, AAA are not so usefull anymore. as one of us already said "only effective against low and slow flying UAVs and helicopters" (and Cessna's ofcourse). Cheap obsolete weaponry is only effective against cheap obsolete targets. Even with radarguidance you can not use stuff like S60 or type 85 against tactical cruisemissiles, HARMs and high/fast flying objects. So as a CIWS they are useless. Thats why its a joke that China wants to sell us the LD2000B system, a combination of QW-3 and S60. As far as i know, we have more than 200(!) S60. 40-50 Rapiers, 40-50 RBS70 and at least 1 set of the Kobra system, consist of 1 MMSR, 2 Battery Command Vehicle, 4 Poprad and 12 ZUR-23-2KG1 (= 2 batteries), plus 2 extra ZUR-23-2KG1. The 40mm onthe picture is maybe a 40L70. Oya, TNI-AU has 26 QW-3 launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Yes, AAA are not so usefull anymore. as one of us already said "only effective against low and slow flying UAVs and helicopters" (and Cessna's ofcourse). Cheap obsolete weaponry is only effective against cheap obsolete targets. Even with radarguidance you can not use stuff like S60 or type 85 against tactical cruisemissiles, HARMs and high/fast flying objects. So as a CIWS they are useless. Thats why its a joke that China wants to sell us the LD2000B system, a combination of QW-3 and S60. As far as i know, we have more than 200(!) S60. 40-50 Rapiers, 40-50 RBS70 and at least 1 set of the Kobra system, consist of 1 MMSR, 2 Battery Command Vehicle, 4 Poprad and 12 ZUR-23-2KG1 (= 2 batteries), plus 2 extra ZUR-23-2KG1. The 40mm onthe picture is maybe a 40L70. Oya, TNI-AU has 26 QW-3 launchers.
    according to sipri.org, we have 150 RBS-70, and more than 600 Rapier MK.1 (link:http://armstrade.sipri.org/arms_trad...e_register.php[FONT=Times])[/FONT] ... and for the QW's, now we have 200 QW-3...

Quote Originally Posted by karbol View Post
    according to sipri.org, we have 150 RBS-70, and more than 600 Rapier MK.1 (link:http://armstrade.sipri.org/arms_trad...e_register.php[FONT=Times])[/FONT] ... and for the QW's, now we have 200 QW-3...
    i think these numbers are missiles, not launchers.
    For example, for the KOBRA system we received more than 76 missiles.

Thanks to Kopassus, karbol and all others for their informative answers.

I ran the internet for reliable informations. Jane's has this (very confusing ) piece for free. For the full article you have to pay.
    Dated: Sep 11, 2008 (so barely 3 weeks old)
    Indonesia
    Inventory
    Surface-to-Air MissilesMistralMistral 2 (ATLAS)Rapier 51 Mk 1 (to be replaced by the Kobra by the end of 2008)RBS 70 plus Giraffe radar systemKobra (2 Polish air-defence system that utilises the Poprad and Grom 2 missiles. The first of these systems was delivered in January 2008 with the second due in 2009.QW-3 used by peace keeping force deployed in Lebanon

http://www.janes.com/extracts/extrac.../jlad0336.html

This is how I understand it:
    TNI has 51 Rapier Mk 1 launchers and an undisclosed number of Mistral 2 (aka Atlas), RBS-70 and QW-3 missiles.

The RBS-70 is coupled with the Giraffe radar.

The Kobra is intended to replace the Rapier. They plan to buy 2 systems. One is already there, one comes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehui View Post
    no joke, CIWS works exactly the way you describe a joke. CIWSs in fact, are designed to defeat very fast and extremely fast targets.
    Read more carefully. He said that the current AA-guns of Indonesia are useless as CIWS exactly because they are unable to defeat very fast to extremely fast targets. They are only able to hit non moving or very slow moving targets.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by spiderweb6969 View Post
    1 of the many paratroopers nightmares....

Anybody know to the paratrooper, is he survive...?

No sorry needed, my English is far from perfect, too.

But still, I doubt that manually aimed AA-guns can provide real protection against modern aircraft. They have limited range, and if they are manually aimed their reaction time is way too slow to be a serious threat to a fast moving jet. But of course, they are better than nothing, and proper training can do a lot for their effectivity.

But for the numbers, I could find this source (don't know how reliable, though):
    Click me ...hope it works

S-60: 200
    Bofors: 90
    Rh 202: 125
    RBS-70: 42
    Rapier: 51

seems that i do saw tavor in TNI inventory
    do TNI bought it directly from israel or from other company?

(and they do send peacekeeper to lebanon right? don't they interested in changing their camouflage into 'desert' environment?)