Page 96 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4186

Thread: TNI in Gallery (the New Photos)

Anyone know the meaning of Senapan Bea Cukai from the Pindad SBC-1 carbine? I got Senapan, which is assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominae View Post
    Anyone know the meaning of Senapan Bea Cukai from the Pindad SBC-1 carbine? I got Senapan, which is assault.
    AFAIK the rifle is designed to be used by the customs. Bea Cukai = Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Thanks.
    How do you distinguish between AR-M1F 5.56x45mm & 5.56x39mm from these pictures ?
    You can see it from the magazine. The 5,56 Nato magazine is a bit more "round" and in the case of ****nal, it has these lines on it. The 5,45 Russian magazine is not so round (I hope you guys understand what I mean), and has no surface structure.

AR-M1 5,56x45 Nato

AR-M1 5,45x39

Some says, the Police's AK rifles is made in China (doubtly called AK-2000). Comment ?
    Sorry, I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDCM View Post
    Picture of the Headquarters of Korem 121 / Alambhana Wanawai in Pontianak, Kalimantan Barat. Can someone ID the artillery pieces in front of it? It's neither the M101, nor the Mod 56 nor the LG-1 and I don't know of any other 105mm howitzers that the TNI has.

I think these are WWII-era British 25-pounder field guns. The number reflects the weight of the shells, not the caliber - if I recall correctly. Not really sure what the caliber is. I think there is an example of the gun at 'Palagan Ambarawa' (Ambarawa Battlefield) museum.

If anybody does get there - don't forget to swing by the Cavalry Battalion barracks, several miles away near the steam locomotives museum. Most of the combat tracks are parked under open shelters - easy for picture taking. Most of the tracks are AMX (AMX-13 and VCI).

Anybody knows what kind of standard TOE that Army arty unit has? The Marines seems to use 4-piece battery (LG guns, RM-70; they're bought in units of 4). I read in older issue Military Balance that M101 105mm is the standard army towed guns - is this still true?

Hey, I think you're right, r0m8470. Lots of thanks

---

I think we did not have this one so far: A nice view of the classic ZU-23 AA-gun (not the upgraded one with Grom missiles):

Grabbed from tniad.mil.id

Those are Type 85 (exportname Giant Bow) AAA, some years ago bought from China. We have 18 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Those are Type 85 (exportname Giant Bow) AAA, some years ago bought from China. We have 18 of them.
    18 ??? (Shaking my head & bang it to the wall).
    To be effective, one must have tens or hundreds of this kind of Korean war era short range AAA, like the Iraqis (under the late Saddam), Chinese, North Koreans, etc. And they have to be prepared that 80-90% of these will be destroyed by air-strikes or smart bombs, then hoping the rest will be lucky enough to shoot down a few slow & low-flying enemy aircrafts.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehui View Post
    Many ppls in this era like you, blinded by those fancy sam system as if the old school unguided projectile are all outdated. But very few ppl realized that even the formidable Arleigh Burke DDG researved 2 CIWS as a save ass measure. In the same way, these old school AA guns with proper datalink from a radar or electroptic sys can form a cheap but effective CIWS.
    Many people in this era like you, also blinded & couldn't learn enough from the recent war histories (e.g. Iraq War I & II) that these oldies AAA are not really effective in this kind of modern warfare.From the two Iraq theatres, these AAA guns did nothing in stopping the air strikes (well, they did something, making us excited to watch the fireworks in Baghdad sky from the CNN TV screen). Why ? Because of the limited range of AAA guns & because today you can shoot the ground target from miles away above. After the Saddam's military command & communication centers were decapitated, these AAA guns were destroyed easily by the next airstrike waves. A few of them escaped & managed to shoot down drones & misfortune choppers for a short while, though.If your enemy has only choppers & turboprop fighters, then the AAA guns might be effective. But it's not gonna happen, is it ?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ominae View Post
    Senapan Bea Cukai means Customs Rifle, here the picture

it does look like the Police rifle, but the SBC-1 have single shoot only.

I thought the SBC-1 can shoot in semi?

PS - Found out from the Indonesian customs site that Bea Cukai means Customs & Excise.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehui View Post
    As if those SAM system can do any better after their data source were cut off?
    Back to my original post, please. IMO, 18ea of AAA guns won't do any good or will do a very little effect. 18ea AA is good enough to defend a few ground targets only maybe, but 18ea is far too little to defend the whole nation as Indonesia.

I didn't mention any SAM, did I?

Quote Originally Posted by ZAYYANA View Post
    Senapan Bea Cukai means Customs Rifle, here the picture

it does look like the Police rifle, but the SBC-1 have single shoot only.
    The top one; the one so called SBC-1 is for the Custom enforcement personnel. Judging from the magazine, it's a standard 5.56x45mm calibre. The blueish color is the corrosion-resistance metal finish. Yes, we can see it has a single shot only.

The bottom one is Sabhara-V2 (V1 version has a long barrel). 7.62x45mm calibre. These rifles are dedicated for Police, mainly for Sabhara units.

So you see, Pindad has been trying to satisfy its customers & willing to make specific rifles for the users; Raider, Marines, Police, Forrest Guard & now Custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Back to my original post, please. IMO, 18ea of AAA guns won't do any good or will do a very little effect. 18ea AA is good enough to defend a few ground targets only maybe, but 18ea is far too little to defend the whole nation as Indonesia.

I didn't mention any SAM, did I?
    Let's put together all Anti-Air assets that Indonesia has, if possible with the numbers. The 23mm is not the only one, at last.

ZU-23 (or rather it's Chinese knockoff named Type 85, as Kopassus noted). 23 mm Twin Gun

20mm Rh 202 Twin Gun

57mm S-60 Gun

Hispano Suiza 20mm Triple Mount on a M35 truck

37mm M1939 Gun

Not sure what this is. Possibly 40mm Bofors gun.

So, the important questions are:
    - How many of each has TNI?
    - Which of them are just old, hand-aimed AA-guns and which of them are connected to radar, data-transfer and other fancy kinds of detection and battlefield management systems?

And for completeness the missile systems:

Rapier SAM

RBS-70 SAM on a Land Rover Defender

QW-3 Manpad on some unknown 4x4 offroader

Cobra System, consisting of:

Poprad Land Rover Quad-Launcher of Grom SAM

ZUR-23-2KG 23mm twin gun with Grom SAM twin-launcher

Coupled with some radar vehicles etc. We just had that on page 99.

Did I forget anything?

Most of these pics come from this thread and from users that regularly post here. I hope you allow me to use all these pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDCM View Post
    Let's put together all Anti-Air assets that Indonesia has, if possible with the numbers. The 23mm is not the only one, at last.

ZU-23 (or rather it's Chinese knockoff named Type 85, as Kopassus noted). 23 mm Twin Gun

20mm Rh 202 Twin Gun

57mm S-60 Gun

Hispano Suiza 20mm Triple Mount on a M35 truck

37mm M1939 Gun

Not sure what this is. Possibly 40mm Bofors gun.

So, the important questions are:
    - How many of each has TNI?
    - Which of them are just old, hand-aimed AA-guns and which of them are connected to radar, data-transfer and other fancy kinds of detection and battlefield management systems?
    Good compilation, well done, David.
    Now I hope somebody can give us the answers...