Thread: Dutch military pictures

Nice pics PhilipKAI... didn't know you were active as well Good luck over there, I support you as good as I can. I'll keep you in my prayers as well !

Nice pics.

But next time try to resize them. It's taking hell of a time to load.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAce View Post
    Nice pics PhilipKAI... didn't know you were active as well Good luck over there, I support you as good as I can. I'll keep you in my prayers as well !
    Hehe, well I'm not over there at this moment. I was there in march-july 2007 and in march-july 2008. If it was up to my CO I would have been there again at this moment. But I asked him if he could keep me here in the Netherlands for at least a year. So probably I have to go next year again.

And sorry about the big pics Ivan le Fou. I will start resizing them. I have saved them on "maximum" quality. I will start "resizing" them to 70% of the quality.

<< EDIT >>
    I just finished uploading the "lower quality" pics. The original sizes varied between 3.5 MB and 5.5 MB. Now they are between 800 KB and 1200 KB. So now it should only take about 25% of the time to load them. Hopefully this is enough.
    Last edited by PhilipKIA; 03-15-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Oh man! Awesome pictures and thanks for posting the high-res versions!!!! I now have a couple of new wallpapers Really very nice pictures!!

Very cool indeed Philip, thanks for taking the time to post them. If you are planning to sell some of those pictures (which you could) or are just worried about copyright and all that, it would probably be a good idea to either watermark or resize them. But then we wouldnt have such awesome wallpapers, so don't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Very cool indeed Philip, thanks for taking the time to post them. If you are planning to sell some of those pictures (which you could) or are just worried about copyright and all that, it would probably be a good idea to either watermark or resize them. But then we wouldnt have such awesome wallpapers, so don't listen to me.
    Thanks for the compliments guys!

I am not interested in selling them or any copyrighted stuff. If somebody wants to use the pictures then they are free to do so. Only it would be nice if they inform me what they will be used for.

The only thing which I would not like if they are getting used for negative purposes against the MoD or the mission in Afghanistan.

Besided I do have much more good looking pics. Only it is too bad that you can recognise people on it easily.

why dont you blur the faces?,..

Quote Originally Posted by dwight View Post
    why dont you blur the faces?,..
    Blurred faces messes up the photos big time.

Oh geez, my Internet conn. just had a heart attack! Nice man!

BTW, are the pics showing up pixellated when you blow them up(to their original size) for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKIA View Post
    Blurred faces messes up the photos big time.
    yea true but you dont have to blur the whole faces, eyes are good enough, and guys that wear sunglasses have there faces already coverd up.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight View Post
    yea true but you dont have to blur the whole faces, eyes are good enough, and guys that wear sunglasses have there faces already coverd up.
    Unless the guys on the pictures give their permission to post it on the internet it's better not to. I'm not a fan of people over-reacting and screaming "PERSEC!!" when even a tiny bit of the face is left unblurred, but fact is that some people in the military did receive phonecalls and threaths because they had their name and face in the media or forums like this one. It's a sad thing, but for the sake of our guys just don't post the pictures that show faces (obviously with an exception for pictures that you took from the MOD website or other public media)

Oke, good point I didnt think that far, I just tought about the fact that some people just dont want there face shown on the internet,.. my excuses

EOD having some fun (on TK firing range afaik)

Nice pics Eddy! I have some of these pictures too.

The following picture was taken in april 2008. The engineers had to blow up a part of a hill top. That part was often used by spotters and a local gang of robbers. The explosion was impressive. 90 KG of explosives was used.

The explosion took place on the other side of the hill so you can only see a part of the explosion But it still looks nice.

And as a final touch, God created the Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKIA View Post
    Nice pics Eddy! I have some of these pictures too.

The following picture was taken in april 2008. The engineers had to blow up a part of a hill top. That part was often used by spotters and a local gang of robbers. The explosion was impressive. 90 KG of explosives was used.

The explosion took place on the other side of the hill so you can only see a part of the explosion But it still looks nice.

I hope you were waring your helmet when you take this picture