Page 100 of 249 FirstFirst ... 50909293949596979899100101102103104105106107108110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3733

Thread: Polish Soldiers all over the World.

Quote Originally Posted by opswarfare View Post
    some of the tank crews are wearing black uniforms (cool!) while some are wearing single tone green uniforms. What's the reason for this difference?
    About 20 new uniforms were tested at this exercise. I have seen somewhere a picture with greater details. I guess those black ones are not the ones that are actually cool, but the other ones - with zippers to quickly ***** the smoking fatigues off, probably made of some fire-retardant fabric, and so on. The tankers have been long complaining that their standard fatigues are clumsy during evacuation from the tight quarters of tanks - they hook to some tank parts, and so on.

The design looks to me like a design of those long johns in those western movies - more practical than pretty: if a man has to go he has to go. Especially if he consumed a plate of beans for last supper

*** Added ***
    The tankers have been testing new fatigues during the recent exercise "Menewr 08". - We have been testing them for a month. We have 30 such fatigues and we are pleased with them so far, including myself. This uniform is comfortable, functional and made of good fabric - assessed COL Rydz, a commander of the 10th Armored Cavalry Brigade from Świętoszów.
    source: http://www.redakcjawojskowa.pl/gazet...2673&Itemid=46
    Last edited by Mishka Zubov; 03-08-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by corran.pl View Post
    There were some planes of 124 additional Leopards but there were some legislation problems.

Price of used Leopard 2 A4 is around 0,3 - 0,5 mln $ for each tank but according to Polish law there should be 100% offset, and according to German there can be no offset when selling used military hardware. We could buy those tanks via some German company but this would rise the price to around 1 mln $. And MoD decided that this is too much (for 2 mln $ you can have brand new PT-91M and new Japanese tank type 10 cost around 4,5 mln $, 1 mln $ for a 30 years old tank is much).
    For $2 mln you can have new PT-91M which does not compare to the LeoA4
    I would take 4 Leo A4s over 1 PT-91M any day

Also, according to Wiki, the A4s were produced between 1985 and 1992.
    That makes them to be 23 years old at most.
    Furthermore, if something could be done to acquire the Leos A4 from the German government for $.5 a piece, that would be a very good deal - but it would require an outside of a box thinking from the Polish Gov.

I would preferred to have a Mercedes from the 80s over the souped up/ modernized Lada 1500

Quote Originally Posted by adlep View Post
    For $2 mln you can have new PT-91M which does not compare to the LeoA4
    I would take 4 Leo A4s over 1 PT-91M any day
    Leopard 2 A4 has only one primitive thermal vision unit (even our PT-91 has better), PT-91M has two thermal vision units (one for commander for hunter-killer), Leopard 2 A4 has primitive analog ballistic computer and so on. When PT-91M (as development of T-72) has many flaws, it is superior in many areas over standard Leopard 2 A4.

Also, according to Wiki, the A4s were produced between 1985 and 1992.
    That makes them to be 23 years old at most.
    I just forgot how it is to discus with someone who has wikipedia as a only source of informations.

Leopards 2 offered to Poland are older variants modernized to A4, all the newest used Leopards 2 are already sold out, only the oldest (or in worst shape) are available.

If you would be smart, you could point that we don't need to buy Leos from Germany, for example Sweden is passing out Stv 121, but apparently you aren't.

Furthermore, if something could be done to acquire the Leos A4 from the German government for $.5 a piece, that would be a very good deal - but it would require an outside of a box thinking from the Polish Gov.

I would preferred to have a Mercedes from the 80s over the souped up/ modernized Lada 1500
    Whatever.

why don't they use the gate at the back of the helo to load the wounded? Wouldn't that be much quicker then having to use a pully and a small side door?

Speaking of tanks, I know that Mishka Z. posted an article some time ago about Polish gov't rejecting the proposals to acquire the 120+ Leopards from German Army and initiating a program of research and development of own new generation tank in 10 years or so. Please refer to this thread for the article. I can't find the exact post right now, but I am sure it's there.

BTW are there any news of the new further development of CV90120-T light tank by BUMAR and BAE Systems Hägglunds ?

2 moderators gave me infraction points for2 totally seperate things, I've got poor reading co

I think nobody has posted another video with the Cats so far:

Is there any downloadable Polish Military video site. If Yes please give the link.

Quote Originally Posted by soutikghosh View Post
    Is there any downloadable Polish Military video site. If Yes please give the link.
    You mean something like this?

http://download.wojsko-polskie.pl/in...=category&id=7

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by corran.pl View Post
    Leopard 2 A4 has only one primitive thermal vision unit (even our PT-91 has better), PT-91M has two thermal vision units (one for commander for hunter-killer), Leopard 2 A4 has primitive analog ballistic computer and so on. When PT-91M (as development of T-72) has many flaws, it is superior in many areas over standard Leopard 2 A4.

I just forgot how it is to discus with someone who has wikipedia as a only source of informations.

Leopards 2 offered to Poland are older variants modernized to A4, all the newest used Leopards 2 are already sold out, only the oldest (or in worst shape) are available.

If you would be smart, you could point that we don't need to buy Leos from Germany, for example Sweden is passing out Stv 121, but apparently you aren't.

Whatever.
    Corran,
    Stop calling me names.
    There has been a detailed comparison of the PT-91 to Leo2A4s on NFOW - the PL military forums. They came up to a general agreement that the A4 is better than the standard version of the PT-91 on many levels. I can provide you with many quotes.
    Also, you are comparing apples to oranges. PT-91M may seem better than the Leo2-A4 in terms of some upgrades. Overall however, the A4 is still a better tank IMO. The amour, overall ergonomics, mobility, survivability of the crew still favor the Leo2 A4.
    This is my opinion and it is a subject to a debate however.
    In addition, while the Pt-91M may be better in some aspects than the 80's Leo A4, the Leo2 A6 is much better.

The Poles should purchase the used A4 for as low as possible and then upgrade as many of them as possible to the A5 to A6 standard.
    Even if the cost of the modernization is high it still makes sense.
    The A4-to-A6 conversion is still much better MBT than the PT-91

Also, the car argument is valid as well. A car technology/engineering/reliability provides for a very good model of overall engineering/construction/assembly standards of the German manufacturing industry.
    Last edited by adlep; 03-09-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Changes

Mi-17-1V ready for Afghanistan:

1 t of adtional armor, arment - 5x PKM machineguns, KT-01AV Adros IR supresor

Should be 5 PKM mounts. Batteries not included.

And link to article in polish:

http://www.altair.h2.pl/start-920

Training before mission in Chad:

http://mon.gov.pl/pl/index/

Nice pix marlowe

In the first decade of March the 3rd TST CIMIC C2/508 organized - together with invited medics and soldiers of American Charlie C2/508 company - Cooperative Medical Engagement, or so called MEDCAP; that is medical aid to inhabitants of Afghanistan.

Excellent pics

[quote=marlowe;3103837]Training before mission in Chad:

Please notice how these guys are aiming - it says pretty much everything about how handy the foregrip of MiniBeryl really is...