Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 307

Thread: South African Police Service (SAPS)

  1. #1
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default South African Police Service (SAPS)

    I know it's not military but hopefully you dont mind if I post these pictures that I found on the web. Enjoy!






































    That guy in the middle is none other than Mr. Mandela himself
    Last edited by Nordwind; 04-03-2006 at 06:30 PM.

  2. #2
    EvanL
    Guest

    Default

    Nice pics! I've been wanting to see the Saffries law enforcement for some time now.
    You blokes are some hard bastards.

  3. #3
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Thanks man, I've had the pleasure of working alongside some of these men and women and they're great but when it comes down to buisness they know what to do. The STF members are the guys I would not like to see in a bad mood, thats for damn sure.

  4. #4
    EvanL
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordwind
    Thanks man, I've had the pleasure of working alongside some of these men and women and they're great but when it comes down to buisness they know what to do. The STF members are the guys I would not like to see in a bad mood, thats for damn sure.
    Is this the federal police like the RCMP or is it just a regional/municipal? I noticed Durban on one of the cars in the pics.

  5. #5
    Mr. Obvious XxDualityxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I love watching you choke.
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    I dont mean to be mean just wondering but what does this unit do.

  6. #6
    Banned user G-Capo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colombia/USA!
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Very nice images Nordwind!

    Are those Galil's?

  7. #7
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanLloyd
    Is this the federal police like the RCMP or is it just a regional/municipal? I noticed Durban on one of the cars in the pics.
    The SAPS is a national police force which is similar to the RCMP because arn't they federal and national? In SA theres also police forces for major metropolitan areas similar to what there is in Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by XxDualityxX
    I dont mean to be mean just wondering but what does this unit do.
    If you mean the STF, wikipedia says this, its better than any way I could put it.
    The Task Force falls under operational control of the Division: Operational Response Services and is responsible for dealing with all high-risk operations, such as hostage situations on land, sea and air, including rescue-related operations.
    All Task Force applicants are volunteers and have to comply with stringent physical requirements before being admitted to the basic training and selection course. The basic training course is twenty-six weeks long and includes weapons, rural and urban combat as well as basic parachute training courses. Compulsory advanced courses include special skills such as diving, VIP protection, explosives and medical training. The total initial training period is nine months, but completing all the requisite advanced courses to become a fully-fledged Special Task Force operational member may last up to three years

  8. #8
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Capo
    Very nice images Nordwind!

    Are those Galil's?
    Thanks G-Capo! Nope they're Vektor R4's and R5's (a shorter version of the R4) which is based on the Galil and the Finnish Rk62. But it's a bit bigger and made more for our evironment.

  9. #9
    Banned user G-Capo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colombia/USA!
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Ahh thought it seemed a bit odd.The Special Task Force I heard hasn't lost 1 single hostage since it was created some 21 years ago

  10. #10
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    If true, that's a pretty good record if you ask me!

  11. #11
    Banned user G-Capo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colombia/USA!
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    I saw a documentry on them,Very good force.

    They stopped a jail robbery and they were dressed as bank employees.The robbers came in with Ak-47's and hand guns and they took them all out just by yelling.They could have easily blasted them but they over powered them with there voice and did not have to fire one round.

  12. #12

    Default

    Yeah the Task Force boys are not a group you want to cross. They are SA's finest by far. Think of them as SWAT but crossed with military SF training. They cover all these roles as well. Really well-trained bunch.

    Our SAPS often receives so much flak for being unable to police and manage the crime in SA, which is one of our country's worst problems. That being said, the SAPS at its heart have the most dedicated and fearless police force I have ever seen. Despite the criticism, they deserve far more respect than they receive by the people they protect.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordwind
    I know it's not military but hopefully you dont mind if I post these pictures that I found on the web. Enjoy!


    Is that you?

  14. #14
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstoy
    Yeah the Task Force boys are not a group you want to cross. They are SA's finest by far. Think of them as SWAT but crossed with military SF training. They cover all these roles as well. Really well-trained bunch.

    Our SAPS often receives so much flak for being unable to police and manage the crime in SA, which is one of our country's worst problems. That being said, the SAPS at its heart have the most dedicated and fearless police force I have ever seen. Despite the criticism, they deserve far more respect than they receive by the people they protect.
    Well said man! It's a jungle out there and they're fighting up a very steep slope but they're doing a hell of a good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveaton_05
    SAPS are the national police however within certain cities are a municipal police and i've noticed certain cities have a SAPS flying squad who have the city name on there car

    maybe someone can confirm tis for me but i've been told that the South African Revenue Service have a STF style team for high risk warrants and escort of high cost goods

    i know there used to be a railway police STF so its not beyond the realms of truth
    I checked out the SARS' website and just looked fast but I couldn't find anything about it. Of course this doesn't mean they don't exist.

  15. #15
    Member Nordwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isotsha
    Is that you?
    Nope that's not me, though I wish it was lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •