View Poll Results: Are you in favor of Standardizing Camo between US Forces?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, w/ a new digital pattern

63 60.58%
  • Yes, w/ a current camo pattern

41 39.42%
Page 8 of 157 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858108 ... LastLast

Thread: camouflage

Either italian desert or danish desert

Winter CADPAT is quite effective; however, it does not look anything like you would expect. Instead of being a relish-like digital pattern, it is primarily flat white with large, sharp darker gray areas. The gray looks much like a shadow and can be confusing to the eye. I'm not sure if there are pictures of it available on the internet now, but I'm sure that if there is someone here will dig it up.

I like the Autumn Oakleaf pattern of the Waffen SS

the plane tree pattern is cool too.

and the blurred edge...

belgian camo is very different then other camo's but its really good in most landscapes !
    but you cant have a camo for every landscape so, US camo is better for that, UK camo is better for this , belgian camo is better for that, en so one..

and belgian camo gay ?

US Agency for Reality Interpretation. No! Thats not a white elephant you see, move along!

Default best camo

How about the USAF blue tiger *****e? They are still testing out!
    It should work well on the moons of Endor!

Default Hmm

I really hate what they got for the Candian forces. I saw it up close when I was in Barrie before Christmas. I guess the guy came from Borden CFB. I can't believe they couldn't get a pattern computer that could calculate spline curves..I mean really..squares? They should have just gone for Woodland or maybe that Danish stuff. Squares... someone probably said.."let's make someting that noone else has so we can spend more money"

They should have just gone for Woodland or maybe that Danish stuff
    So you think that CADPAT is not acceptable for the Canadian forces?

I think that the CADPAT-style patterns are certainly a new revolution, not to mention that Flecktarn and the Danish stuff (or, anything with a small printed pattern in it) tends to work good as well.

It's just that some of the big patterned camouflage tends to be easily Noticeable in certain situations, referring to US Woodland for an example.

I've tried to study the various blending factors of the various camouflage patterns at my disposal at the moment, especially the differences between the Flecktarn and the Danish M/84 and must say that in many cases they work alot better than the big-patterned ones.

Note that this is just something I've done as a amateur.

EDIT: something wrong with the lining on the writing...

that stuff reminds me of Italian Tarnmuster

An unknown (to me) Italian camouflage pattern shown here. But, what interests to me greatly is that this thing looks somewhat similar to our M/62 and M/91 "Viking" patterns.

EDIT: Found a picture of the jacket as well

------

The jacket that this man is wearing, is of the older M/62 "Viking" fabric but his wearing the M/91 trousers...

panzerfaust wrote
    that stuff reminds me of Italian Tarnmuster

what do you mean?

well the size of the coloured shapes and the pallet of hues is similar- I didn't say they were the same just that it reminded me of the broad shaped Italian stuff from WWII. It is different than the usual cammo patterns which are very "busy" visually- which have smaller shapes to the pattern and more harmonious colour groupings. To me these Belguim cammo's have that broad large shaped look to them-

My vote goes to the M84 camo.

panzerfaust wrote
    well the size of the coloured shapes and the pallet of hues is similar- I didn't say they were the same just that it reminded me of the broad shaped Italian stuff from WWII. It is different than the usual cammo patterns which are very "busy" visually- which have smaller shapes to the pattern and more harmonious colour groupings. To me these Belguim cammo's have that broad large shaped look to them-
    i didn't understand it at first but now i do, so thanks for explaining

Default Re: Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog
    I really hate what they got for the Candian forces. I saw it up close when I was in Barrie before Christmas. I guess the guy came from Borden CFB. I can't believe they couldn't get a pattern computer that could calculate spline curves..I mean really..squares? They should have just gone for Woodland or maybe that Danish stuff. Squares... someone probably said.."let's make someting that noone else has so we can spend more money"
    mmm..they work alot better than the old OD's the Canadian forces have

Don't know who these guys are but it looks great.