Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Arms and the XCR.

Default Robinson Arms and the XCR.

As many of you know, RA submitted an XCR for the SCAR program but it was rejected. He has been telling people that the rifle would be released to the public in two weeks for over a year.

Well the 2 weeks are up. We picked up the new XCR today. Damn! We have had proto type guns in the past from them for T&E, but the new final version is really, REALLY nice. Fit and finish is excellent, the mechanics of the rifle are very nice as well. Ours came with the Arms flip up sights and folding stock and it feels really nice.

The real test will come next week. I am going to try to get a 11.5" bbl from him and throw an Ops Inc suppressor on it, and then put the go-fast parts in it (yes, we can legally convert it to full auto). And then I am going to go back and forth between bbls beating the crap out of it to see how well it holds up in a torture test. We are also going to take a 16" and 20" bbl and break them in nice and slow and see what kind of groups we can get out of it using both green tip and match ammo.

This will be an ongoing test, but if it runs as good as it looks and feels, this will be money well spent.

We are also suposed to be getting a select fire SCAR for evaluation and a magazine article for SWAT, but FN is an extremely funny company to do business with. If you do not buy from DeMilt and Assoc. (the marketing and rep firm owned by Rick DeMilt, who is also the Director of Sales and Marketing for FN.........) for some reason they tend to ignore you or push you onto the back burner. I have been thru an armorers course and we covered the SCAR as well as the new MK-46 and 48 (which we are also trying to get), and honestly, the XCR does everything the SCAR does at a cheaper price. IF they ever get us the samples I will do a direct comparison and torture test.

pics please.......also would like to see pics of grouping from a bench rest at 100 yrds with optics and without if possible...different types of ammo for comparison black hills good stuff vs wolf ****ty stuff

PVTPyle, what do you do for a living? Sounds like fun.

http://www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm

It is very interesting the new SIG556 costs $1299 and so does this rifle. It is not a bad price, but I lean towards the $850 range myself.

Robinson makes fine firearms, but I don't think they will ever attain mass production. If you get one of these, make sure you get some spare parts.

JPG

someone on ar15.com already own one. nice lookin rifle

I was looking at the Robinson M96 Expeditionary rifle for a while but for alot of reasons I decided to move on to other choices. it still think it looks sexy. Sorry for being semi-off topic.

Suspended for infractions Anthony91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesFIST
    I was looking at the Robinson M96 Expeditionary rifle for a while but for alot of reasons I decided to move on to other choices. it still think it looks sexy. Sorry for being semi-off topic.
    That is one SEXY rifle.

I love all the cheapo ammo around the rifle.

I'm eager to hear about your experiences with the XCR, PvtPyle. I've been looking foreword to its release.

I got to handle it at the SHOT show. It was really nice. My local shop will be getting them in soon. Depending on the price...I might pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSkorotsnoy
    PVTPyle, what do you do for a living? Sounds like fun.
    Currently, I own a gun store that is going thru some expansion. When we are done it will have about 55,000 sqft of retail, classrooms and ranges including a 25m, 50m and 100m indoor range. And we are NFA manufacturers.

I still play soldier once a month.

Sounds like a sweet job!

welll... FN is on schedule and Robinson is LATE. thats the truth.

Time is money so too bad for robinson ... theres always the civie market thou

When you get my M134 in..call me