Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25292949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2483

Thread: Belgian Military Thread

Thumbs up

There was no captions with the Photos so sorry i dont know, but i would think they are Para-Commandos.

Not all of them are Paracommando's, but yes they are attached to that vessel because the navy isn't qualified or capable to conduct decent searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Paiste View Post
    The dudes carrying f2000 are paracommandos attached to the navy patrol?
    There's one section from 1para attached to the LoMa, so that would probably be them, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by calimero2
    ^^ Wow, all that only because you got a tiny spelling remark. Well, you knew the correct Dutch spelling, and I didn't. Good for you. For some reason you think this gives you the right to offend me, but whatever.
    Oh no, the spelling thing in itself didn't bother me, what bothered me is that you stated it with so much confidence.
    If I had been more of an idiot, I would have believed you witheout question, and I would have been misinformed.
    I don't like that kind of thing no matter what the subject is; spelling, football scores, the price of gas, the date the world will end, whether or not Jessica Alba shaves her pubes...
    Now, off course I could have politely remarked that you might want to check your facts in the future, or at least formulate your phrases in a less confident manner (ie.: "isn't it...?, "I believe it's...", etc. etc.)...but hey, I guess I'm an asshole, eh?

well, actually it's a silly word, invented by some prick who thought "infanterist" didn't sound mysterious/awesome enough, but whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by calimero2
    But at least we agree on one point: stormfuselier is a silly word.
    Quoted because this can't be emphasised enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder[BE
    ] Yea he was south african . I think he's out of the army now, dunno why. But he was sure as hell right, we aren't tankboeren :>
    Yeah, it was fun to talk to that guy, even if you could understand only half of what he said
    Anyways: I'm affraid that I might be getting a model B for 2/4L before the end of this year (I need to think about that, though. To be perfectly honest: I really asked for 1JP). So maybe I'll bother you with a question or two via PM sometime soon

Coit, from the NATO tiger meet:

SFG?

Quote Originally Posted by PathFindeR[BE] View Post
    Not all of them are Paracommando's, but yes they are attached to that vessel because the navy isn't qualified or capable to conduct decent searches.
    Couldn't the naval component start a course specifically aimed at training sailors to do this? It's what the Koninklijke Marine( Dutch Navy) has done with some of it's sailors, in the absence of marine or BBE boarding parties, or when the operational intensity is low enough. As a alternative, belgians could always attend ours, instead of having the NavComp setting one up themselves.

Default SFG Photos

I think both of these Photos have been posted before, but i have looked back over the thread and couldnt find them so thought i would post them anyway

A Few Photos of Belgian Soldiers (and the odd Dutch one) at simulated protest during an exercise in the Northern Town of Den Helder May 12th 2009

I hope they are not reposts

Last edited by vor033; 09-26-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luc_de_jaeger/

1000+ Infantry, paco, sfg, ... pics
    Hope not a repost

So Belgium will soon no longer have real battle tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmil13 View Post
    So Belgium will soon no longer have real battle tanks?
    I think the Leopard is pretty much gone already and if not it will be.. as far as I know no
    plans to buy new battle tanks..

There are still 20 Leo's MBT Ops and they will be replaced by AIV 90mm, which is hilarious !

dumbest idea ever! I always wanted to drive one of those beasts! Leopard I are still great tanks in my eyes!

Mind if I can ask anything about the "Groupe Delta de la Police Boraine?"

They seem like a SWAT team for Saint-Ghislain, Boussu, Quaregnon, Colfontaine & Frameries) with the Steyr AUG in a carbine-type barrel and a Glock 17 (Can't tell which model).

Unless if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by vor033 View Post

I know this is an exersice in the netherlands but why is the guy in the left carying a C7A1 and all the others there own bels issued weapon?

Edit, afther taking a second look it seems he is wearing all dutch gear. But then why he is wearing a belgium red beret.
    Or is it an Airmobile red beret?