Page 105 of 231 FirstFirst ... 55595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3458

Thread: Modelling military vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by wiewiorka View Post

Nightshift

^^ Nice , it looks better in black & white !!

Wow, I was just going to comment that if you converted them to black and white, your pictures would have that 'straight-out-of-the-history-book' look to them.

Indeed, extremely good models! ^^

Dough, its not just converting to black and white, bluring, grain and some contrast changes make it look like this

Quote Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post

I tried changing some to black and white , but mine seemed to come out too clear

Quote Originally Posted by wiewiorka View Post
    I tried changing some to black and white , but mine seemed to come out too clear
    The trick is to blur the images, and set the contrast to a darker scale. Other than that its just playing with the values. Here's some more ^^

had a play around editing this one to try and make it look like a beaten up and stained old photo

wiewiorka

2. Are you Pole ?

Quote Originally Posted by Linedoggie View Post
    Sure is, back then there were numerous pics that showed it being flown. Now days a CSM would be on them like stink on a Hobo for that
    Whats CSM?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Whats CSM?
    Command Sergeant Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Martino View Post
    Command Sergeant Major.
    Thanks, so if the flag would not be allowed to be placed on the tank, why are tankers allowed to paint stuff on the gun barrels then?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Thanks, so if the flag would not be allowed to be placed on the tank, why are tankers allowed to paint stuff on the gun barrels then?
    Painting names on gun barrels seems to depend on where you are and when. I think it's more tolerated in a combat zone. When I was in a tank battalion (1983-86) no one had anything like that on their tanks (I don't remember any 1st Armored Division tanks that did). But other divisions allowed it. I always assumed it was forbidden since it was like that when I got there.

My CO had the idea to put small state flags on the antennas. The idea never got past the "What if we.." stage, finding the small flags being the first problem. I don't know if he had cleared that with battalion or not.
    Last edited by SpeedyHedgehog; 07-25-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by peter.pl View Post
    wiewiorka
    Are you Pole ?
    My father is , Wiewiorka is the family name.
    His family were deported to Siberia WW2.
    They were from the village of Jankowce , just north of Tarnopol .
    My dad and uncle along with my grandfather were the only ones out of all his family to make it to Persia . Unfortunatly my grandfather was killed in action at San Biagio not far from Monte Cassino.
    The New Zealand Government at the time , brought a number of Polish orphans here

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin666 View Post
    Bit too tropical foliage there .......maybe Germany shipped it to Japan who used to defend a pacific island....on its own!
    hehehehe well said mate, I thought so when I saw the photos.
    So apparently...Germany shipped a single King Tiger to Japan, and it was used in Pacific and later in Hong Kong.

Already posted these earlier 2 weeks ago on other site so I thought might as well post in here too;

Itīs an Hobby Boss 1:48 scale T-34/85 (flattened turret 1944) in Egyptian colors (I know the submodel is wrong, but I was not motivated enough to make it Czechkoslovakian production model)

This kit is amazing, along with it came PE-parts, copper cable and full interiors. Things I added were weld seams, production number (which I made up in my head) some of the handrails, antenna and pieces of canvas in turret and hull. Painted with handbrush and Revellīs ****ty enamels (more like tar, amirite?) and some Vallejo acrylics.

Also; look at my freaking awesome wallpaper, which I brought from local craft store, got 4 A3-sized cartons in colors of your choice for 2€, makes taking pictures so much easier.