Page 166 of 178 FirstFirst ... 66116156158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2665

Thread: Boots Boots Boots... 62 boot threads in one

Does anyone have Danner Rivots...I don't want to splurge the $200 bucks if I buy them online...$30 maybe even $40 less at AAFES.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I served for another 15 years and I can still run, so kind of I guess. The one I broke twice tends to ache more than the rest of me when I'm fatigued and in extreme cold.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy - I look at my most serious injuries as luck - things could have been a lot worse....
    True... I know what you mean there.

James, for sure. I have been lucky enough to be ankle-injury free so it's never been an issue for me.

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    The hate on magnums in this thread is bad...I had black pair back in the day that were solid.
    I had a pair back in the day too; I used them in uniform patrol. The soles lasted about 7 months and the stitching around the laces came undone. The only thing I liked was that they were light. I replace them with Rocky 911s with the flat sole. Far better boot.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoDelRio View Post
    I'm probably gonna appear to be stirring the *****, but I carry loads up to and exceeding 80lbs on a very regular basis up and down mountains... in trail runners. I don't believe in ankle support, because IMHO it's a marketing thing. Your muscles in your ankles provide ankle support.

I think ruckmarching on tarmac does a TON of damage compared to cross-country rucking/tabbing. I can carry a very heavy pack for say 15 miles in the mountains and feel OK, but 15 miles on a tarmac road and my feet feel like they've been hit with hammers.

Again... not trying to start *****, just trying to share my two cents.
    I agree with the asphalt vs. trail part absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    You should take them back to the company, they'll be wanting to know how they bolted those ones together, they've totally cocked up every other pair I've ever seen.
    Everyone i know that ever bought a pair of Magnum boots had to return them.

I even had a pair of their Duty shoes (dress-shoe type with a composite safety-toe) where the soles came loose so they were just hanging on at the toes and the rest was flopping around below the shoe. Those shoes never even saw hard use, i used them while i had a job onboard a cruiseship.

Magnum Boots are total garbage.

On the other side of things my Meindl Sweden i bought in the mid nineties are still in basically perfect condition.

You get what you pay for i guess.

Out this week wearing the Merrell Sawtooth boots in zero degree weather........love them....comfortable and my feet stayed warm.

Anyone that can recommend a pair of boots for general hiking?

I've used Ecco boots and shoes since the late 90's, mostly Ecco Track, Ecco Expedition and Ecco Expedition Lite from their outdoors series, but the last two years the quality of their outsoles have seemingly changed. I grind through them in 3 months and grind through the midsole after 6. I walk about 10 km to and from work every day, so they do get some wear and tear, but the 3 month durability is starting to get on my nerves. The fit is amazing, comfort too, durability of the remaining parts of the boots/shoes are fine, but the outsoles simply vanish.

Used the Ecco Track while in the Airforce for about 2 years without much fuss, and the outsole was replaceable back then, but with the newer versions you cant.

I've been looking at the Lowa brand, and they get fairly decent comments both here and on the glorious internet, but I am not able to find much information about their outsoles and how well they last. I dont mind replacing the outsole one bit, as long as it isnt every 3 months. Am not made of gold unfortunately.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The Nike's are a sweet Garrison boot...I've saw so many people with them starting in like October...I was surprised so many people had them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kap View Post
    No one had them where I was, other than me and my section sgt. (I gave her a pair for her b-day last year) She still wears them, said they were the most comfortable boot she has ever worn.
    My jaw just dropped. 15.9 oz?! I was looking at the Danner Kinetics, which I thought were light at 51 oz. Might have to opt for these SFBs. Any good for ruck marches?

I've done rucks in them...no ankle support and through heavy use they wear out like a running shoe. I've looking at getting some Danner Rivots...I also have the Rocky C4Ts which I like better than the SFBs but they don't have the treat the SFB does.

Lowa Uplander GTX, Wore them on the range, several days in the field and last week several days on end while carrying heavy loads with temperatures ranging from very hot during the day and nearly freezing at night and they were bliss. I recommend them strongly!

I've done rucks in them...no ankle support and through heavy use they wear out like a running shoe. I've looking at getting some Danner Rivots...I also have the Rocky C4Ts which I like better than the SFBs but they don't have the treat the SFB does.

Just got the Rocky C4Ts. They seem more solid than the SFB but QC seems a little off on mine so we'll see how they hold up.

I also have the Tactical Research Khyber Mountain boots. Had them about a year now and they're holding up well. By far the BEST tread on any boots I've used. I walk all over slopes even the Rocky S2Vs can't.

Not exactly boots, but do any of you know of any good, I guess you could say, "tactical" dress shoes that could be worn with a suit

Quote Originally Posted by ROTCkid View Post
    Not exactly boots, but do any of you know of any good, I guess you could say, "tactical" dress shoes that could be worn with a suit
    Odd question but I will bite.

My suggestion is find a snazzy pair of boots that shine up nicely and will look decent under a pair of wool trousers or chinos.
    Try Wolverine Thousand Mile boots. I have a pair of the 1,000 mile Burtons and I will attest to their worthiness as boots. They feel secure, comfortable and the tread is excellent. They look nice under casual dress trousers, and might could pull them off in semi formal attire. Redwing also have similar high end hand made boots made to look nice but I have no idea how well they perform.

On a smaller budget Corcoran Jump Boots can be had in black or brown for about $150 (That's approaching the bare minimum for any boots worth owning) and shine up very nicely and pass respectably in casual and semi formal dress. Generations of paratroopers couldn't be wrong as far as their "tactical" value.

I guess there are available some Men's Airpower C1, since the company replaced it with a newer model

http://www.polimil.co.uk/haix-airpow...form-shoe.html

http://www.chiefsupply.com/2153-Bate...ens-Black.aspx

From "dogs in the Army" thread :
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval