Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169171172173174175176177178179
Results 2,671 to 2,682 of 2682

Thread: Boots Boots Boots... 62 boot threads in one

Quote Originally Posted by Greek soldier View Post
    Danner's on the rescue. Can't tell for 5.11 or Bates. And personally not seen a combat (just an ordinary conscript).

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footw...3Bcat103942980

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...&WTz_stype=GNU
    Thanks, but I really wanted those Lowa Zephyrs GTX. They look slick!!!
    And I want lower tops instead.

I just need to take whatever I can.....And really hate the look of those Hanwag Tatra boots to be honest.
    I can try them on, but they said they can take those back without any charge price.

Quote Originally Posted by miltechfreak View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a major issue with my foot size being size 14 (US standards).
    I really wanted to get Lowa Zephyr GTX boots, or the Salomon Quest 4D GTX or even the Vasques.
    But none of those carry my size 14s.....I am so bummed out and depressed about this.
    Currently I have Lowas (the Renegade GTX Vibrams) 2 pairs of them, but there starting to get discolored and wormed out. after wearing them for a decade!!!! Or even more perhaps.

So, I stumbled into a store which carries the Hanwag Wide Tatra GTX boots which is shown below.
    Personally they look ugly. But the store owner says I can try them on if I don't like them, then they will take it back.
    They even had to order these for me since these were the only ones in size 14.

Anyways, my question would be, are these durable enough on missions and stuffs?
    http://www.scandinavianoutdoorstore....a-wide-gtx.jpg

Would like to have your inputs on this - And also, who here has also big feet like me? Like sizes 14 and even up?
    How do you get your shoes for missions or for deployments? Is it hard?
    Would you need to take what you can get like me for example?

Looks like I have no other choices...Except to keep wearing those Lowas from time to time...There the BEST boots I had worn and even look better in style.

Thanks
    Check out any bellevilles, they run 1-1.5 sizes large, so you would need a 13 in them. I wear a 12 and get a 10.5 in them,

He is lucky. LOWA does offer the Zephyr GTX in size 14

https://lowaboots.summithut.com/bask...ame=3105370411

Anyone ever had a pair of Rocky SV2 Jungle Boots? They aren't the regular Rocky SV2s, these ones are more meant for muddier/wetter areas, but have the same sole pattern of the regular SV2s. It's starting to get really sludgy out here in the field, and my Belleville hot weathers arent holding out mud and moisture like I'd like them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    Anyone ever had a pair of Rocky SV2 Jungle Boots? They aren't the regular Rocky SV2s, these ones are more meant for muddier/wetter areas, but have the same sole pattern of the regular SV2s. It's starting to get really sludgy out here in the field, and my Belleville hot weathers arent holding out mud and moisture like I'd like them to.
    I have the regular S2Vs. Been thinking about the jungle version but I've not purchased a pair as I'd need a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    I have the regular S2Vs. Been thinking about the jungle version but I've not purchased a pair as I'd need a reason.
    How do the regular ones hold up for cold weather? It's getting pretty damn cold here, was below freezing this morning.

The jungles I'd be fine with wearing thick wool socks with, my feet don't get too cold so I'm fine with that, it's just wet/muddy feet that's starting to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel25:17 View Post
    My urban boots. It gets the job done.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=jerry...-jerry;620;400

"Hey cowboy, where's your horse?!"

How do the regular ones hold up for cold weather? It's getting pretty damn cold here, was below freezing this morning.

The jungles I'd be fine with wearing thick wool socks with, my feet don't get too cold so I'm fine with that, it's just wet/muddy feet that's starting to get to me.
    Then what you want are goretex and then goretex leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek soldier View Post
    He is lucky. LOWA does offer the Zephyr GTX in size 14

https://lowaboots.summithut.com/bask...ame=3105370411
    Thanks!!!! But ordering shoes over the internet is quite risky though....
    I need to try them on.
    Yeah, those look sweet. There style is more slick than the Hanwags.

But to answer my other question about the Hanwag Tatra GTX (Wide), I know their style is ugly in my opinion, but how rugged or durable are those brand of boots?
    In case I need to end up with those. My local store should have them in by today. Size 14. They ordered it for me from another store that had size 14 ONLY Hanwags.
    As said, I rather try shoes on locally in a store rather than ordering them online.
    So I guess the Hanwags I have to live with, like it or not....

But, I still have 2 pairs of my Lowa Renegade GTXs, they look pretty OK considering the fact I worn those for almost ten years.
    So I can even wear those from time to time. I need to find a good shoe cleaning shop and ask them if they can clean them.
    Then, I can use the Hanwags for backup.

UPDATE >>> Ok, the Hanwags I ordered came in to my local store try them on and no luck...It fits OK, but I felt a bit of pressure on my toes.
    Therefore, did not get it. The truth being, I kind of was hoping that they did not fit good for me just to have an excuse not to buy them because I didn't even liked the style or looks of it. The clerk even explained that even if its size 14, not all shoes fit as size 14 because sometimes the cut or the design of the shoes also matters. He told me it looks like that the Lowa shoes I have now has the right cut designed for my feet.

I am keeping my old somewhat worn out LOWAs which I love.
    Instead, I got a cleaning foam solution that the clerk recommended for hiking GORE-TEX boots.
    Last edited by miltechfreak; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:30 PM.

I have them. They are awesome. They meet the AR 670-1 standards. You might have to explain it to your 1SG though since some people don't know what "mesh" is.

The Garlic Fields of Transylvania, Romania.

Just in the door tonight:-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC095718.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	580.4 KB 
ID:	228397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC095719.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	577.7 KB 
ID:	228398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC095722.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	437.4 KB 
ID:	228399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC095723.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	228400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC095725.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	569.9 KB 
ID:	228401

COMMODORE 02 Winter.

From a Czech Company:- BENNON

http://www.z-style.cz/en/

Rated to EU standards:- EN ISO 20347: 2012 and EN ISO 20345: 2011

Will be taking them for a test drive tomorrow.

Connaught Ranger.