Page 47 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3739404142434445464748495051525354555797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Boots Boots Boots... 62 boot threads in one

Herrmannek: cut the booze and use the money to buy some decent hiking shoes. Maybe then you will have less problems while hiking.

I think all the people with decent shoes here agree that you get what you pay for.

Poland, Festung Breslau, Car Trunk: In the rear with the gear, tip: Never Forget Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    And Herrmanek, I know you're a cheapo but try and get yourself a pair of well cushioned Salomons (low or mid height) and good cushioned insoles for them. You're rather heavy, right? All that burning effect you describe sounds like effect of wearing poorly cushioned boot by a "heavy stomper". And don't you ever dare to reccomend standard polish issue boot to anyone! They are utter crap - joke says they were originally ordered by sicilian mafia 'cause they are better and cheaper than concrete for drowning folks.
    I haven't noticed their weight, actually I was worried they are to light . It was winter trip in deep wet snow, mud and walking along stream trials, although leather was growing wet outside foot inside was dry, not bad for 120zł . before that wanted to buy BW boots, but started to look for them when season ended and no one had pair in my size... ~250zł was as much as I could pay... Now money are gone and I will have to use what I've got. Of course I don't walk that much but I wear my DESANTY all day long 10 hours a day and haven't got even one blister, they are little warm, but its nothing excessive... After all conscripts use those for whole 9 months and live so they can't be that bad. Better cushioned boots sound nice, will try it when buying some cheap hikes for the summer . I don't think I will be able to buy salomons anytime soon Until then I will have to change my walking habits

@~above post
    I don't drink booze nor any other alcoholic beverage...

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmannek View Post

@~above post
    I don't drink booze nor any other alcoholic beverage...
    Ok sorry, I meant that you should just save some money.

Poland, Festung Breslau, Car Trunk: In the rear with the gear, tip: Never Forget Poland

Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    Ok sorry, I meant that you should just save some money.
    No need to sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmannek View Post
    I haven't noticed their weight, actually I was worried they are to light . It was winter trip in deep wet snow, mud and walking along stream trials, although leather was growing wet outside foot inside was dry, not bad for 120zł . before that wanted to buy BW boots, but started to look for them when season ended and no one had pair in my size... ~250zł was as much as I could pay... Now money are gone and I will have to use what I've got. Of course I don't walk that much but I wear my DESANTY all day long 10 hours a day and haven't got even one blister, they are little warm, but its nothing excessive... After all conscripts use those for whole 9 months and live so they can't be that bad. Better cushioned boots sound nice, will try it when buying some cheap hikes for the summer . I don't think I will be able to buy salomons anytime soon Until then I will have to change my walking habits
    It's a free country - you may try to f_ck up your feet as much as you want, but you've been warned.

If you were in Canada i would say buy yourself a good pair of MKIII combat boots. I wore them all though basic and for years afterwards, yes there are better but they work and once you break them in and have a good pair of insoles there fine.

50.00 buck is a bit cheap and you should spend a bit more but don;t buy into the whole hi-tech boot thing. Standard combat boots work, they wore them all though WW2 though the 50's to 80"s when the hi-tech boots started to take over.

Just got a pair of Lowa Renegade GTX's and should be issued a pair of Asolo Fsn 95 GTX's later this week too. Next week I am going to be TDY for about 2 weeks hiking approx. 60 miles of the Appalaichan Trail. I will be using these boots and will send my reviews on them.

--KG

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    As a matterfact, I did yesterday. Its extremely light and comfortable. I opted for the Desert Ops instead because they seemed a bit more breathable and just make more sense since I'll be using them in Iraq. I can't comment on the durability. I'll get back to you in a year.
    I found the boot a little hard all over, did it soften out after a while?
    Comfort level?

Aspiring Dumbarse

Question Need help with my Belleville 700 Boots

Hi,

After plenty of research on the net and on this site, I decided to buy a pair of new Belleville 700ST's. I love 'em!

The only thing is that I'm getting blisters at the back of my ankles. If you feel inside the boot, there is a seam at the back where the goretex lining joins together. The stitching feels rough, almost like a course metal file!

What should I do? I'm tempted to cut that part out, or cover it with something. Any active duty guys have any tips or tricks to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Gamby

Got thick socks? And nylons to go under those?

I bought the same boots and had almost the exact same problem you describe, but only on my right foot. The left boot was the best thing I ever wore. I sent an e-mail to the company and explained the problem and they said it was a defect and to pay to have it sent back and get a new pair. I sent them back and to compensate me for paying to have defective boots sent back they sent the new pair back express. The new boots are the best things I have ever put on my feet, I suggest you send an e-mail to the company.

Aspiring Dumbarse

ICB Use and Care instructions state:

"1. Wear with: 1 pair of socks, cushion sole, acrylic, polyester olefin, nylon, lyrca blend. 1 pair of insole inserts if desired."

So I'm wearing Wigwam Ultimax F6077 40% Olefin 36% Acrylic 20% Nylon, 4% Lycra.

Please tell me more about nylon unders? If I was in the military I would just wear what everyone else wears with them but I'm kinda shooting in the dark here.

One way to avoid blisters on road marches is to put a pair of short nylons on under your boot socks. I used to grab a few from the womens' shoe department whenever my girlfriend tried on shoes. Free and effective! Just make sure you take them off when you get back and don't walk around the squad bay with them on

I actually got issued some really thin cotton socks at one point that worked pretty well, too. Sure they were cotton, but they were so thin it didn't seem to matter much. I have never seen them since.

The "nylon unders" are actually called "liners" socks. They're used in outdoor for a long long time to prevent blisters. They're usually made of nylon, polyester, polypropylene or even wool. You will find them at your local outdoor shop for sure. About 5-6 $ Canadian / pair.

I would advice against cotton liners since cotton traps moisture in, making you lose warmth and making you more ****e to blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
    or even wool.
    or even silk...

Send your boots back.

They shouldn't feel like that.