Page 69 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1959616263646566676869707172737475767779119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2659

Thread: Boots Boots Boots... 62 boot threads in one

When it come to boots i always like to get the next size larger, verus what i get for running shoes. The reason for this is so that i can wear two layers of socks and most boots don't come in extra-wide. Also, while i don't have these exact same boots, i do have something similiar and like all boots you just need to break them in to get that comforable feel to them.

Try on the next size larger, if you can, and see how that works.

Thankyou. I wasn't sure about breaking them in, as a friend of mine has these boots too and he said that he didn't have to break them in. I'll swap them for a ten and see how that goes.

Edit: OK, just followed my dad's advice and tried them with a thinner pair of socks. They feel much better now, so I guess the answer is not to use British Army issue socks. Anyone suggest any thinner pairs that'll do the job?
    Last edited by Ashen; 12-21-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Just get them in the right size. If you can't wear thicker socks in military or trecking boots, you don't have the right size, it's that simple.

Fair enough.

I don't think thinner socks is the answer--your boots should fit your socks. Try the next size up.

Dont get them too big.....All footwear needs to be broken-in to some extent, Shoes only ever get bigger..not smaller, Your heel needs to to be held back by secure laceing, A shoe that is 2 sizes to big will still hurt your toe if it is too loose................Trust me I have sold 1000s of pairs of shoes over the years.
    Last edited by wotsnext; 12-21-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks for all your help...guess this is what I deserve for buying an item of clothing off of the net, huh? Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    Thanks for all your help...guess this is what I deserve for buying an item of clothing off of the net, huh? Never again!
    Well as long as they prove o/k you could reorder with confidence, So much stuff is now made in the far east and the sizing is very unreliable.

A good sock combo is to wear wool socks over a polypropylene sock liner, taht way your feet are dry and warm. I have immersed by entire boot into freezing water and in five minutes my foot felt dry again. The rest of me felt like **** but my feet were dry.

I swear by Smartwool socks. That's all I wear now. They're spendy, but you won't regret them.

Lowas tend to run a half size smaller than normal , this was the case when i got my desert seekers

Default Tanker boots and other personal gear of tankers

I customize 1/6 scale figures and I got a small set of questions for all tankers around the world:

What kind of boots do AFV/tanker crew members wear in your respective military? I know that at one time the US Army had tanker specific boots, wasn't sure if they still wear them.

Do you wear BDU when you are not in your vehicle or is the coverall your uniform?

I saw the thread on the CVC helmet issue, do you guys wear regular helmets when you are dismounted? I noticed that the new ACH MICH TC-2002 has an option to be used as a CVC, is that a helmet that you might wear?

What kind of vest/bodyarmor do you wear? I saw the RAV being used but wasn't sure how wide-spread it's use is?

What personal gear do you wear beside what I asked, so I can make a figure "authentic"?

One last question, what personal firearms are you issued? I kow that most tankers are provided with a pistol, but what else? M-4 carbines are used but how many per crew? What in particular do the IDF use?

Thanks a whole bunch, I know it is a great deal to ask. I see tons of figures for Infantry and Paratroopers but just one for AFV/tank crewmember.

Thank you again,
    Chet

Cant go wrong with lowa's, i could yomp forever in them bad boys

I sold Lowas for years, just because your toes hit up front does not mean you need a larger size! Think about your foot and how much it elongates when you apply your body weight, that can be corrected and also consider a "tounge depressor" and possibly different lacing. Stretching part of the boot is not uncommon. Most of the time when people up-size it makes it worse.

The "volume" of the boot is also very important. If your low-volume and the boot is high-volume your going to slide forward no matter what.

Banned user

Armored crewmen in the US Army wear cvc coveralls, or nomex flight suits. they wear the same web gear as the regular units, IE IOTV and OTV, with molle pouches. As for the helmet, they usually wear what is called a CVC helmet, which consists of a kevelar outer shell, a foam padded inner shell, which also houses the ear phones for the commo gear also.