Page 97 of 287 FirstFirst ... 47878990919293949596979899100101102103104105107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4293

Thread: Gripen News Thread

Well yeah, ordering the F-35 test planes(I believe plans are for two planes if the project gets to that phase) is more or less a final binding commitment to Lockheed-Martin and the F-35.

Gotta say though, with the fixed lifecycle price and the offset programme for the Dutch Aerospace industries, Saab is making one hell of an offer. One that LM historically has shown no intention to duplicate. For the industry this is a brilliant opportunity. They still get to produce parts for the F-35(as they're onder contract to do so) and they get orders for the Gripen NG.

Quote Originally Posted by signatory View Post
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2ev6e03dotjpg[/IMG]

No two-seater Gripen NG included ? So i guess Dutch pilots will be trained in Sweden ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Max- View Post
    No two-seater Gripen NG included ? So i guess Dutch pilots will be trained in Sweden ?
    Rather: No twin stick JSF... So no point offering something extra (that adds on price) if they are already happy living in a single-seat world.

But of course it's optional...

I am interested to see the whole presentation. Does anyone have it?

I know that in the august 2008 offer there was this sentence in the presentation and pressoverview:

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Optional two-seat aircraft that provides future[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]flexibility through the support for the ”Airborne Battle[/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Space Commander” concept.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I think that it is necesary to compare the deal with the JSF, because they can't offer a double seater. I hope the RNLAF will use the optional two-seater though. (ABSC, training, controll of UAV sorties)[/FONT][/SIZE]

The first systematic Turkish Army was founded at 209 BC - to be called by Romans: "Scourge of God"

Error Address where the error occured: http://www.gripen.com/en/MediaRelati...evelopment.htm

an error while opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Clearday-TRForce View Post
    Error Address where the error occured: http://www.gripen.com/en/MediaRelati...evelopment.htm

an error while opening?

Works for me ...

Cheers
    //JG

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisis View Post
    I am interested to see the whole presentation. Does anyone have it?

I know that in the august 2008 offer there was this sentence in the presentation and pressoverview:

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Optional two-seat aircraft that provides future[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]flexibility through the support for the ”Airborne Battle[/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Space Commander” concept.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I think that it is necesary to compare the deal with the JSF, because they can't offer a double seater. I hope the RNLAF will use the optional two-seater though. (ABSC, training, controll of UAV sorties)[/FONT][/SIZE]
    Well IMO there's no real point in discussing alternative capability such as the missionized two-seat unless the Netherlands with its defence ministry change its mind and will seriously investigate alternative options and their full capability. What happened last year was a just a small questionnaire that Saab decided to respond to. In no shape or form did NL get enough technical and price info at that time. Eurofighter and Rafale was also asked but didn't think it was worth the (relatively small) effort which is fully understandable I have to say.

Holland has also not issued a RFP to get more specific prices and complete technical solutions and capability, industrial agreements etc. So Saab has answered some questions and that's pretty much all they have done... No method simulations, no real price offers, no test flights, etc.. the Dutch ministry has not been interested to seek any alternative. Their choice... the ball is totally in their hands.

It's because significant "factions" within the MINDEF and the RNLAF are extremely pro- LM/F-35. I won't be surprised if, in the years to come, a second "Lockheed Scandal" 'll be uncovered(Prince Bernhard once took bribe money from Lockheed to use his influence so that the Starfighter would get selected as the new fighter for the RNLAF)
    But if the second chamber thinks it's a good deal, there'd be hell to pay if the MINDEF/RNLAF went through with the F-35, without really seriously considering the Saab offering.

What I find strange though, is that the only high-up we see talking about the whole replacement programme is Jack de Vries, the bloody State Secretary. Where's his boss, the actual Minister for Defense?? All you hear about van Middelkoop is how he went skating and busted his face and arm when he fell on the ice.

What I find strange though, is that the only high-up we see talking about the whole replacement programme is Jack de Vries, the bloody State Secretary. Where's his boss, the actual Minister for Defense?? All you hear about van Middelkoop is how he went skating and busted his face and arm when he fell on the ice.

As you should know:
    The ministers portfolio handles the personnel side, and he carries the political responsability.
    The secretary's portfolio handles the materiel side.

Quote Originally Posted by tercio67 View Post
    As you should know:
    The ministers portfolio handles the personnel side, and he carries the political responsability.
    The secretary's portfolio handles the materiel side.
    Actually, i didn't know that.

Learned something new. Thanks, mate

Default minister and secretary of defense

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]This isn't exactly how it is arranged. The secretary of state is responsible for almost all defense matters including Operational preparation of the Armed forces. The material and personal issues included both. But the minister is head responsible. To give an example, Mr. van Middelkoop in 2007 cancelled plans (of the previous minister Henk Kamp) to buy tactoms for the navy. So why doesn't he say something about the JSF now?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]So the minister now only bares political responsibility and public appearances in and outside the Netherlands.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Source: http://www.kabinetsformatie20062007....ssecretarissen

Interview with the Swiss Chief of Armament about the fighter tender there.

Original link

Translated link

---

Danish FCA project team

Gripen International AB has sent a letter to the Danish new combat aircraft project team. GI says some of the asked questions is a bit loose as to what they actually mean and also wonder why the bids should be compared to F-16 rather than how good they fulfil military requirements.

Original link

Translated Link

---

[SIZE="4"]Saab – one name, two different companies[/SIZE]

A great deal is being written about the Saab brand these days. In conjunction with this, we want to clarify certain facts.

2009-02-18 |

The brand Saab is used by two parties – Saab AB and Saab Automobile AB.

* Saab AB and Saab Automobile AB share a history within "Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget" (Swedish Aeroplane Aktiebolaget) which was founded in 1937

* Since 1995 however, when Saab-Scania was divided into two separate companies, Saab AB and the car manufacturer Saab Automobile AB have had nothing in common other than the Saab name (which is owned by Saab AB)

* Saab Automobile AB is owned by GM, General Motors, while the defence, aviation and security company Saab AB is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, OMX Nordic Exchange.

Saab will continue to develop and deliver effective systems, solutions and products within defence, aviation and security which are at the leading edge of technology. Learn more about Saab’s offering by following the links to the right: Related info.

link
    Last edited by signatory; 02-18-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Good news.

[SIZE="4"]Important first flight[/SIZE]

The first aircraft in the latest order of 31 aircraft for the Swedish Armed Forces took to the air for the first time on February 16.

Image: Gripen C a/c 39.4277 taking off from the Saab airfield in Linköping, Sweden, with Saab flight operation commander Anders Håkansson in the cockpit. Photo Per Kustvik, Condesign.

2009-02-18 |

In November, the last aircraft in the third batch for the Swedish Air Force was delivered to the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration. Production is now continuing with the 31 aircraft that were ordered in 2007.

"In addition to the order of 31 aircraft to Sweden, we also have the production of aircraft for Thailand and South Africa on the assembly line", says Christer Lindell, Programme Manager, Saab Aerosystems.
    link

Default Gripen NG Para O Brasil

For Gripen friends in Brasil....

Gripen NG Para O Brasil [PDF Updated 2009-01-29]

(Gripen to Brasil fact sheet.)

JPG version of page 2.

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nn041ddotjpg[/IMG]
    (not a official Gripen to Brasil poster)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/161xlpldotjpg[/IMG]
    From the pdf

Gripen NG Para O Brasil [PDF]

---------- Technical summary in text version -----------

CAPACIDADE OPERACIONAL DO GRIPEN NG

Caça “Netcentric” – O Gripen NG é um
    verdadeiro caça “Network Centric”. É dotado
    de um sistema data-link multifrequência,
    com segurança altamente desenvolvida, que
    proporciona uma completa visualização para o
    piloto em todos os seus modos de operação.
    Superior Fusão de Sensores – A última
    geração em sistema de aviônicos, com alto
    poder de computação, operando em vias
    de barramentos de dados digitais a altas
    velocidades.

Cockpit Digital Inteligente – Um avançado
    cockpit 100% digital com grandes telas
    multifuncionais em cores (MFD), Hands-On-
    Throttle-And-Stick (HOTAS) e Helmet Mounted
    Display (HMD).

Alcance e Raio de ação – Patrulha Aérea de
    Combate a 700 nm, ou 1.300 km, a partir da
    base de operações, com mais de 30 minutos
    on station. O Gripen NG tem um alcance
    superior a 2.200 nm, ou 4.000 km.

Potência – O novo motor de empuxo GE414
    98KN confere a melhor potência/peso de
    sua classe, possibilitando decolagens curtas,
    subidas rápidas e regime supercruise na
    configuração de defesa aérea.

Primeiro a Ver – Primeiro a Atirar – A
    combinação de suas baixas assinaturas radar,
    infravermelha e visual, emprego do radar
    AESA, e a integração de armamentos de
    nova geração, garante a superioridade em
    engajamentos de longa distância, mesmo
    contra aeronaves equipadas com radares de
    maior alcance de detecção.

Incomparável Agilidade – É o caça mais
    ágil do mundo em combate à curta distância.
    Combina uma avançada configuração
    aerodinâmica com conjunto canard e asas em
    delta, conjugadas com um sistema de controle
    de voo fly-by-wire digital triplex.

Alta Disponibilidade Operacional –
    Exigências mínimas de suporte logístico
    resultando em um alto nível de disponibilidade
    operacional.

Confiabilidade – O Gripen está atualmente em
    operação regular nas Forças Aéreas da Suécia,
    República Tcheca, Hungria e África do Sul, bem
    como na Escola de Pilotos de Teste do Reino
    Unido (ETPS), com mais de 120 mil horas de voo
    acumuladas.

Custo do Ciclo de Vida – O Gripen NG possui
    o mais baixo custo operacional que qualquer
    outro caça atualmente em serviço.

Desenvolvimento Futuro – O Gripen NG
    foi projetado para se adaptar facilmente
    às mudanças e às futuras necessidades
    operacionais, enfrentadas pelas modernas
    Forças Aéreas.

Biposto – A versão biposto mantém completa
    capacidade operacional da aeronave monoposto.
    O Programa Gripen NG conta com o total
    Last edited by signatory; 02-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by signatory View Post
    For Gripen friends in Brasil....