Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Archive Thread 3- Pig Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    heh DW strikes again.

We all know that scar was from when Iceberg Slim didn't get his money on time.

"I'll cut ya!"
    Sounds like someone's "feelin' a little stabby"

"It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar

heh reminds me of "lock stock.." when that thug has the Bren Gun... classic.

Holy ****! What's she shootin' at? A Panzer?

I want one!

Honest, I'm not really a Pommie Git! Hydro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    heh reminds me of "lock stock.." when that thug has the Bren Gun... classic.

"Whats that?"
    "It's me Bren gun"
    "Do you not think you could've brought something a little more practical?"

"IF YOU FIRE THAT THING NEAR ME AGAIN, YOU'RE A *****ING DEAD MAN! NO IFS, NO BUTS, A *****ING DEAD MAN!"

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Holy ****! What's she shootin' at? A Panzer?

I want one!
    .55 Boyes Anti-Tank rifle - the target was a supposedly empty propane gas bottle, APIT ammo, the result was spectacular if a little irresposible!

My little lady isn't exactly tall, but she handled that canon quite well.

As for the piggies, all real - former natives of Germany.

BTW I've always found .308/7x64mm/.30-06 quite adequate for wildboar, but I know some prefer a much heavier calibre, I know Freibier loves his 8x68mmS.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaWhisky58
    .55 Boyes Anti-Tank rifle - the target was a supposedly empty propane gas bottle, APIT ammo, the result was spectacular if a little irresposible!

My little lady isn't exactly tall, but she handled that canon quite well.

As for the piggies, all real - former natives of Germany.

BTW I've always found .308/7x64mm/.30-06 quite adequate for wildboar, but I know some prefer a much heavier calibre, I know Freibier loves his 8x68mmS.
    Sweet!

Have you ever used 6.5 Swedish on pigs?

No, but I love that calibre. I used to have an old 6.5x54mm Manilicher-Schönauer M1903 which easily had the ooomph to do the job, I've no doubt that 6.5x55mm with 160gr. bullets would knock piggy over.

The old German military 8x57JS Mauser round is still one of the best pig-killers, and also .303 with the right bullet.

I'm a great believer in the older heavier/slower rounds such as 8x57, .303, 7x57, 6.5x55 etc. with bullet weights of 160gr.+

I know a guy in Germany who has an old pre-WW1 express rifle in some obscure 11mm calibre, that thing is awesome.

.308Win with 180gr. is a sure killer.

Moderator & Go Go Dancer Of Death Chops's Avatar

My grandad carried one for about three weeks after Milne Bay- along with his Thompson. It 'disappeared' into a gully the first opportunity he got- 'lost due to enemy action'- "forty pounds of ****" he called it. Fun to shoot but a bytch to carry especially in the dark green.

Yes, wouldn't want to carry one further than from the car to the firing point.

Yup - a little sport for the weekend.
    Well that's responsible hunting ....Nice Boars though where's the tusks?....Game Ranch?....Next time try a bow or lance though to make it a bit more of a hunt vs. a slaughter. It never ceases to amaze me when even hunting deer some guy will always show with his heavy scoped .300 Mag when all it takes is a bit of "patience" and a light bow or lance.

.308/7x64mm/.30-06 just not needed, but nice kills never the less....

"It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar

awww shyte.

Keep yo pimp hand strong DW.

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Kelly
    Well that's responsible hunting ....Nice Boars though where's the tusks?....Game Ranch?....Next time try a bow or lance though to make it a bit more of a hunt vs. a slaughter. It never ceases to amaze me when even hunting deer some guy will always show with his heavy scoped .300 Mag when all it takes is a bit of "patience" and a light bow or lance.

.308/7x64mm/.30-06 just not needed, but nice kills never the less....

Game ranch? This is the real world lady, where animals live wild and don't get hunted by bull*****ters. Those wildboar were shot in Germany in a driven shoot. Spear and bow hunting have been illegal here for a long time.

You don't realy think anyone believes the rubbish you keep on posting do you - come on, wise up, let's see the evidence. You get back to your lounger and pour another margareta to help the day dreams flow ... ...

Isn't it time for your "How I killed me a polar bear with only a fruit knife whilst wearing nothing but my thong" story, or does that come after the parachuted into enemy territory and living off of the land BS?

I hunt pigs with a 8x68S Heym SR-30, till now they didn't get farther than max 10m after being hit.
    Over the years I remember about 5 incidents where some hunting colleagues failed to kill them on the spot and I had to help finding them in the brush.
    That really sucks and is quite dangerous as a wounded pig attacks you when it gets the chance.
    Two times we had no dogs, after the job was finished, we were pumped with adrelanin.

Quote Originally Posted by Freibier
    I hunt pigs with a 8x68S Heym SR-30, till now they didn't get farther than max 10m after being hit.
    Over the years I remember about 5 incidents where some hunting colleagues failed to kill them on the spot and I had to help finding them in the brush.
    That really sucks and is quite dangerous as a wounded pig attacks you when it gets the chance.
    Two times we had no dogs, after the job was finished, we were pumped with adrelanin.
    Ha-ha - but surely you are also feeling unfulfilled today having heard of the Amazonian exploits of our lady-bull*****ter with her bow and lance. I'd love to see how she does a nachsuche - with a stone axe clenched between her ****ies?

Well, I'm too much a ***** to even consider bow and lance for pig hunting
    I mean, why live in the 21st century and use obsolete hardware?