View Poll Results: What country produced the best AK?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Poland

1 50.00%
  • Rumania

0 0%
  • East Germany

0 0%
  • Hungary

0 0%
  • China

0 0%
  • Serbia/Yugoslavia

1 50.00%
  • Egypt

0 0%
  • North Korea

0 0%
  • Bulgaria

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best AK variants?

Default Best AK variants?

What country do you think produced the highest-quality most reliable AK variant?

Quality/AK ----> That's what we call an oxymoron !

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn
    Quality/AK ----> That's what we call an oxymoron !
    Good one buddy! Thats why their is at least a couple dozen million more of them being used around the world then the FAMAS.

Where's Finland, Israel and South Africa?

Banned user
    stealthily descending on your headz with a parachute

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondo
    Agreed.

The Rk 95 TP (Rynnäkkökivääri 95 Taittoperä, Assault rifle 95, Folding stock) is an assault rifle that was produced by the Sako company based in Finland. A small quantity was purchased by the Finnish Defence Forces. The weapon is a further development of the Rk 62 which was based on the Russian AK-47 assault rifle. Like the AK-47 it fires the same 7.62x39 mm ammunition, but few samples were made in 5.56 x 45 mm NATO. It is considered to be the best AK-47 variant in the world by many experts, due to superior quality of materials and workmanship. A civilian semi-automatic version with fixed stock was manufactured under the name Sako M92S. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rk_95_TP or http://world.guns.ru/assault/as43-e.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondo
    +1, Especially for Finland...

Personally I don't consider those REAL AK's. I could only fit ten so sorry if I missed you country.

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

Personally, I think you've missed off the three which are the best. I have closed the poll - this thread can continue as a discussion on AK variants despite the fact that all of this has been covered before on MP.Net.

Any flaming/trolling whatseover and I will close the thread again and deal with offenders.
    Last edited by DeltaWhisky58; 07-16-2006 at 08:46 AM.

The Romanian kalashnikovs have a bad reputation, but I've had one for a few years now, and have never had any problems with it. I've had previous experience with Hungarian, Chinese, and Yugoslav variants, both as a civilian and as a soldier.
    I've read on from some sources that US-built AKs, using foreign parts kits on American-built receivers, have had problems. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge in this? I'm thinking about getting another AK when i return to the US. Top of the list are the Polish and Hungarian versions.
    I think that with any AK, the obvious strenghth will be reliability. Besides accuracy, the foremost weakness is the durability factor. This is of primary concern with any imported rifle, as one can never be sure of the future availability of parts.

Honest, I'm not really a Pommie Git! Hydro's Avatar

Finnish versions are supposed to be absolutely excellent in terms of reliability and build quality. The Scandinavian countries have always had a good reputation for craftsmanship, and Finland has certainly applied this to their weapons.

The Yugoslavian AK's also seem to be held in high regard, I think all their AK variants are based from the RPK's strengthened reciever rather than the standard AK reciever. The materials used in their construction are also supposed to be of high quality, and they show features that aren't present on other AK's, for example a last round hold open device.

On the other side, I've heard North Korean AK's are meant to be pretty gash, and some of the older Chinese ones are certainly made in quantity rather than outright quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaWhisky58
    Personally, I think you've missed off the three which are the best. I have closed the poll - this thread can continue as a discussion on AK variants despite the fact that all of this has been covered before on MP.Net.

Any flaming/trolling whatseover and I will close the thread again and deal with offenders.
    IMO East Germany made the best AKs...........Id think though, that any prior Warsaw Pact country would make about the same quality..Chinese has to be the worst..I personally wore one out to the point parts had to be replaced.

ES
    Last edited by DeltaWhisky58; 07-16-2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Abusive content

Quote Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai
    The Romanian kalashnikovs have a bad reputation, but I've had one for a few years now, and have never had any problems with it. .

X2 Romanina Aks...Not one problem...I always hear stories about stories about stories but have never witnessed a problem first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Hydroquip
    The Scandinavian countries have always had a good reputation for craftsmanship
    Yea, like Ikea.

i of course do not have first hand knowledge of AKs save for one, but does anyone have experience with, i believe its the AKS-74U Spetsnaz, Beta possibly, really short barrell, full stock, all black,

1*

Quote Originally Posted by Andrija-Sumadinac
    Good one buddy! Thats why their is at least a couple dozen million more of them being used around the world then the FAMAS.
    More people in the world walk on cheap sandals than on Adidas shoes. Does that mean sandals are better?