Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Concentrated Patch identification thread

Default Rifle

The long one with the musket seems to be the Expert infantryman badge.
    Something I couldn't identify is the Pin on his Beret flash.
    I will have to look that up, reminds me a bit of spanish jumpwings but they would not be on the beret....

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

I'm pretty sure this pic has been discussed before, I've got no idea where you would find it though.

On his arm below the ranger etc. tabs is USASOCOM Europe badge

Quote Originally Posted by Crna Legija View Post
    Could somebody please ID the patches and perhaps some of the medals worn by the Warrior in the foreground? In particular the Long Rifle medal tab with the blue background.

On his left sleeve from the top are: Special Forces Tab, Ranger Tab, Airborne Tab.

On the left side of his chest from the top above his ribbons: Expert Infantryman's Badge (http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/ba...an%20Badge.htm ) ...Not sure what all the ribbons are that he's got but below those on left chest pocket are: Master Parasutist Badge and a Marksmanship Badge.

On the right side of his chest: Special Forces [SIZE=2]Regimental Insignia, golden jump wings (I believe those are from a foreign jump school) and below that are his Unit Awards.[/SIZE]

Here is a link to help you out with any further ID you might need for the future.
    http://www.army.mil/symbols/

A few more questions if I may. What is the green cover on his left collar? The other men don't seem to have it. Also, does the ranger tab signify he was/is part of the 75th?

Thanks alot fella's

Quote Originally Posted by Crna Legija View Post
    A few more questions if I may. What is the green cover on his left collar? The other men don't seem to have it. Also, does the ranger tab signify he was/is part of the 75th?

Thanks alot fella's

Ranger tab just means he successfully completed Ranger School. If he was assigned to one of the 75th's Regt's, he be wearing a scroll in place of the USSOCOM Europe patch. If he took part in combat action with one of the 75th's Regt's, it'd be on his right shoulder. Some army guy should correct me if I'm wrong, please.

edit: The green material on the shoulder boards signifies some leadership school? (Experts?)

He sure as hell has alot of medals.

Surprising that he's an obviously long serving NCO and has the expert and not Combat Infantryman's badge, would've thought he'd been deployed in one of our wars over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by XIE View Post
    He sure as hell has alot of medals.
    For an NCO, that ain't a lot of medals. In fact, it's about average.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

I understand that if you have both you can only wear one, are you obliged to wear one over the other?

Beret Flash is also from USASOCOM Europe
    It's not a Combat Infantry badge, it's an Expert Infantry Badge.
    I'll try to find out something about the pin on the beret flash

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Did they change the name of the badge? I have lots of articles in ASMIC thathave the CIB history and it sure liiks like a basic CIB to me, will welcome any info....thx

Its not a pin is "distictive unit insignia". I collect them.

The Expert Infantryman Badge is not the same as the Combat Infantryman badge
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_Infantryman_Badge
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Infantryman_Badge

What's a "distinctive unit insignia" could you tell me more please
    Edit: Ok I found it on wiki, shame on me for being so lazy, do you know which unit this DUI is from

**** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvezdah View Post
    Surprising that he's an obviously long serving NCO and has the expert and not Combat Infantryman's badge, would've thought he'd been deployed in one of our wars over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    I understand that if you have both you can only wear one, are you obliged to wear one over the other?
    It is possible that he has earned a CIB but choses not to wear it. I knew some combat vets who are authorized to wear both but preferred wearing their EIB because they felt that they earned their EIB, but not their CIB. Technically, you can earn a CIB just for being in country for a minimum of 30 days (IIRC) and not even have to shoot or get shot at.

All that said, however, I don't recognize any campaign ribbons in his fruit salad. He just may have not deployed yet.

I also don't recognize that beret flash. His gold wings do look like the MC/Navy wings, but I don't think I've ever seen an Army soldier with them before. Maybe Israeli or other NATO? The silver airborne wings denote him as being a jumpmaster (see the star and wreath at the top) and he's qualified as an expert in at least two weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish6 View Post
    It is possible that he has earned a CIB but choses not to wear it. I knew some combat vets who are authorized to wear both but preferred wearing their EIB because they felt that they earned their EIB, but not their CIB. Technically, you can earn a CIB just for being in country for a minimum of 30 days (IIRC) and not even have to shoot or get shot at.

All that said, however, I don't recognize any campaign ribbons in his fruit salad. He just may have not deployed yet.

I also don't recognize that beret flash. His gold wings do look like the MC/Navy wings, but I don't think I've ever seen an Army soldier with them before. Maybe Israeli or other NATO? The silver airborne wings denote him as being a jumpmaster (see the star and wreath at the top) and he's qualified as an expert in at least two weapons.
    Beret flash is USASOCOM Europe, at least that what I identified it for.
    http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Fl...d%20Europe.htm