Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Forces Ambushed in Afghanistan (July 15, 2006)

On a side note, I find it shocking that the very folks who ***** about sidelining the "humanitarian" efforts in support of combat ops don't understand that without stability there is no possibility of humanitarian aid. Therefore we MUST engage in combat ops BEFORE we begin humanitarian efforts on a grande scale. Maybe its just me, but this seems like common sense.
    AMEN!! thank F***ing god someone said this. I just makes zero sense to me how people in government/media/and just regular canadians think if we just "keep the peace" and do humanitarian missions in Astan, the Taliban will just leave us alone and everybody will be happy. No more soldiers will have to die. Like use you goddam heads for f*** sakes. How difficult is it to understand you have to undergo combat operations to be able to provide other things like humanitarian aid. People are talking like Harper just up and decided we weren't offing enough Afghani's so we'd better step it up a notch. They forget things so quickly. We decided to take over a bigger role in Astan to help out and right before we began moving in more troops, reports began coming out saying the Taliban were likely preparing for a larger offensive this summer. Even if we were just "peace keeping" they could bring the fight to you just as easily if they wanted to. I swear i should just become a far left hippy and join the NDP, I just get to F'ing worked up when i start to think about all this...it will save me a heart attack later on down the road. End of rant...Keep haulin ass CF and stay safe.

God.. I love the sound of 25..

Makes me wet...

I kinda wish I was a LAV gunner

Keeping it in the family pascalywood's Avatar
    In your car, wishing you had a better car.

Quote Originally Posted by guest
    God.. I love the sound of 25..

Makes me wet...
    You mean like pissing in your pants?

Quote Originally Posted by mattoigta
    Has this video been shown? It's different from the 4-part firefight videos that were the last CF Videos posted (I believe)

"Canadian Firefight in Afghanistan, July 8th, 2006"
    2:29secs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r3C...elated&search=
    Thats a good one.

Hope somebody policed that M72 lying there

Quote Originally Posted by pascalywood
    You mean like pissing in your pants?

I hav'nt done that since BMQ

awesome footage those troops rock,Whenever i watch a vid on youtube i can never get any sound and to be honest im not that great with computers any one help!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Farrier
    awesome footage those troops rock,Whenever i watch a vid on youtube i can never get any sound and to be honest im not that great with computers any one help!

That's too bad.. when the 25 kicks in.. it's the best part.

An unmistakable sound.

Len173,

Don't let the weak minded of society sway your personal beliefs. Especially when it comes to your patriotism. Perhaps I'm a little off base here but I feel that Canadians are far less patriotic compared to our American brothers to the south. If more Canadians would openly voice their opinions to other citizens and educate them on just what is involved in keeping your freedom. Perhaps we would have a greater sense of unity. I find that Canadians are very much "talkers" and not much for "doers". We often discuss our issues with society behind closed doors, then act as if nothing were wrong in public.

I take the time every chance I get to educate those around me who are "unfamiliar" with the sacrifices that many millions of soldiers have made to provide the safe and free lifestyle they lead.

"That which one does not earn, one does not value"

Perhaps this is why there aren't more patriotic citizens...

I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Sig
    No. It hasent always been and guess what?....It still isnt. This is part of the three block war strategy. We are still involved in humanitarian work and nation re-building/peace support as well as full scale combat. If you arent versed in the current situation perhaps you should wind your neck in and stop jumping on others.
    \

What about what mattoigta and 22.5 said. We were sent there to start with in 2001 for combat ops, were we not. I just thought this was the main reason of why we were over there.
    Please tell me if im wrong.
    This is not only pointed at Canadian Sig, if im wrong would any one out there who knows somthing worth somthing please set me straight, because im terrably confused.

Intense stuff Johnny, thanks.

Pisswreck

Quote Originally Posted by ELKOW
    \

What about what mattoigta and 22.5 said. We were sent there to start with in 2001 for combat ops, were we not. I just thought this was the main reason of why we were over there.
    Please tell me if im wrong.
    This is not only pointed at Canadian Sig, if im wrong would any one out there who knows somthing worth somthing please set me straight, because im terrably confused.
    I dont want to put words in his mouth but I think he's just acknowledging the fact that it is not a "full out combat mission," since humanitarian work and peace support is an ongoing task we are doing (part of the 3 Block concept), and at times has been our main mission, such as ISAF Kabul. He's BTDT and knows what he's talking about and I'm not trying to speak for him either.

One of my climbing friends is over there. Transfered to PPCLI from the Vandoos after he married to a girl from Alberta. He might be in one of those videos.

PPCLI are both kickass and hardcore.

A little off topic but when I got back to Edmonton there where "support the troops" ribbons (stickers) on almost all the vehicles, I'm here in B.C for a bit and have not seen 1 single ribbon..

Excelent videos by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord
    A little off topic but when I got back to Edmonton there where "support the troops" ribbons (stickers) on almost all the vehicles, I'm here in B.C for a bit and have not seen 1 single ribbon..

So BC is just like Québec.

When the Vandoos (3rd Bat) go to Afghanistan in ten months time there will be parades of moonbats praising the Talibans whenever a Vandoo is KIA u.u

Pisswreck

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post

There's quite a bit here in Ontario, which I find surprising because I'm in the army and I dont even know where to get them