Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Forces Ambushed in Afghanistan (July 15, 2006)

anyone knows how to upload a video here?

Default Help please

anyone knows how to post a video here?

i know
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Incredible footage.......thanx for posting.

was it just me or did they seem to be fighting an Invisible enemy?.
    I seen no contacts and heard no return fire no snathces or wizz bys and as for the RPG's, you hear them but you dont see any splash or smoke and by how loud those RPG's sounded it was like they were standing right next to them, for all we know they were the ones firing them which is what it sounded like.

Just seemed very strange to me, also I have been in my fair share of enemy contacts and I know what I'm talking about, but that just seemed a bit too clean and had a kinda hollywood feel about it.

I do not doubt the canadians in their ability they are good soldiers but those video's just had somthing about them which didn't seem right, maybe it was just me who knows.
    I'm just expressing my opinon, I'm not trying to start a fight.

Pisswreck

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalScot87 View Post
    was it just me or did they seem to be fighting an Invisible enemy?.
    I seen no contacts and heard no return fire no snathces or wizz bys and as for the RPG's, you hear them but you dont see any splash or smoke and by how loud those RPG's sounded it was like they were standing right next to them, for all we know they were the ones firing them which is what it sounded like.

Just seemed very strange to me, also I have been in my fair share of enemy contacts and I know what I'm talking about, but that just seemed a bit too clean and had a kinda hollywood feel about it.

I do not doubt the canadians in their ability they are good soldiers but those video's just had somthing about them which didn't seem right, maybe it was just me who knows.
    I'm just expressing my opinon, I'm not trying to start a fight.
    You should post some credentials with those claims speedy

You are entitled to your opinions of the Canadians, but you're more than welcome to come here to Edmonton and talk to the 1VP boys and hear for yourself what went on over there.

Trust me its not a fake lol and somewhere in those vid you can see a rpg hit near the mud wall when the cam guy filming and you can hear bad guys fire and **** at CF

One word, Intense. A question to you guys who have been in any kind of action like that. Is that what you would call a running battle,firefight,etc.. ? Just curious because I have never seen one before. Liked the indigenous forces in there too. At one point it looked like the Canadians let take over for a bit, not quite sure but still nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombtrack View Post
    You should post some credentials with those claims speedy
    I don't have to tell you anything, believe me or don't it's your choice I don't care what you think.

If you all claim it's real then thats fair enough but it just didn't seem that intense to me. I still never heard any AK's but I did hear RPG's. Another thing I didn't understand was why they were using grenades, the enemy clearly wasn't that close because if they were that close they would have been caught on film or you would have heard shouting or AK fire from the enemy, it just didn't make any sense to me.

But if you all claim it's real I will take your word for it.
    Alot of things just didn't add up for me thats all.

I don't have to tell you anything
    Then please stop making claims about having combat experience.

I do have combat experience, I do NOT need to tell you where and when, thats my business not yours.

RoyalScot87

I think you're full of shyte.

Why?

Well, because you had the nerve to make a "judgment" on an operation, based on vid clips.

If you were, a true, experienced proffesional soldier, who has taken fire..

You would have known that there was no real way you could properly judge what was going on.

(Actually, if you were a reasonable, intelligent "civive".. you'd figure that out as well.)

So, I can only conclude *at least* 1 of 4 things:

You're a fakin idiot.

You're 12

You're a poser, a liar, a fake...

Or, you're a WOG, a REMF, a uniform who's closest "combat" experience was live fire drills.

In either case, You were'nt there, you don't know what was happening, you did'nt have any insight into enemy strength, composition, position, or any of those boring little details, that somehow become important..

So, in the immortal words of W.O. Edward R. Slovinsky..

Fak off!

First of all it was not a judgement.
    If you had read the full post before hand, I was merely expressing my opinion on the VIDEO.
    I had also said I didn't doubt the canadians in their ability they're good soldiers.
    Another thing who are you to question my experience I bet I have been in more enemy contacts than you have had hot dinners son.

Also if you're gonna talk S**t to me don't do it hiding behind a guest account you little wimp that just shows what kind of a man you are.

I do have combat experience, I do NOT need to tell you where and when, thats my business not yours.

RoyalScot87's combat experience