Page 48 of 639 FirstFirst ... 3840414243444546474849505152535455565898148548 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 9576

Thread: Indian Armed Forces

  1. #706
    Member fulcrum_shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    80

    Question here it is

    IAF plans for additional Hawks jet trainers shelved

    New Delhi, Mar 17 (PTI) Upset over problems relating to spares supply for British 'Hawks' Advanced Jet Trainers (AJTs), India has shelved plans to place follow-on orders for the aircraft and instead floated new tenders to supplement its trainer fleet.
    Indian Air Force (IAF) sources said here today that the new tenders -- Request for Proposals (RFP) in Defence parlance -- were issued about a month ago to six global aircraft manufacturers.

    [*******Red]Surprisingly, United Kingdom-based Hawks manufacturer BAE Systems finds a place among the six companies which had received the fresh tenders[/COLOR]. But it was being approached for an upgraded version of the AJTs, sources said.

    Others trainers that the IAF has shown interest in and sent the tender papers to were Italy's Alenia for the M-346, Korean T-50s, the Chez L-159, Russian YAK-130 and MiG AT Trainer, sources said.

    After a procurement process that lasted nearly 20 years, India finally entered a contract for the delivery of 66 Hawks trainers with BAE in 2004. The contract had an in-built provision for a follow-on order for 40 more aircraft.

    But the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) had been finding it difficult to maintain the production lines for the aircraft at its facility due to considerable delays in spares supplies, sources said.

    The move of the IAF to go in for a new brand of trainer aircraft came as a surprise, as it had originally planned to have a single type of trainers in the fleet to train future fighter pilots. PTI

    http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/n...p?newsid=10696

  2. #707
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flankerpilot View Post



    Orange flight suits? Is this something peculiar to a testing establishment? I've seen IAF pilots in both green and blue flight gear, but never in orange.

  3. #708
    Member fulcrum_shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    80

    Default

    The Orange Suits are for Maritime Missions .. obviously this Pilot and this SQN are a part of the IAF's Maritime Operations

    The Orange Color is For visual Aid In case of SAR


  4. #709
    Member flankerpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India PIE STrOnG!!1111!!
    Posts
    192

    Default

    @ Vaman , must you post pictures of that "president" ?

    She is an embarrasement to this country.

  5. #710
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum_shift View Post
    The Orange Suits are for Maritime Missions .. obviously this Pilot and this SQN are a part of the IAF's Maritime Operations

    The Orange Color is For visual Aid In case of SAR

    That's interesting. Not even the USN or US Coast Guard do that...perhaps it's because if you somehow get shot down over land that orange suit is going to stick out a wee bit.

  6. #711
    Member flankerpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India PIE STrOnG!!1111!!
    Posts
    192

    Default



    Cockpit of Indian LCA (Tejas) jet

  7. #712
    Member fulcrum_shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panchito12 View Post
    That's interesting. Not even the USN or US Coast Guard do that...perhaps it's because if you somehow get shot down over land that orange suit is going to stick out a wee bit.
    Have u watched top gun ??.. You can clearly See when F-14 Driver parachutes into the Water his Flight suit dissolves some chemical into the Water which gives a Phosphorous Glow in the Water .. i think the US NAVY | CG use that ..

  8. #713
    terrorist sympathiser
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    come on guys....orange flight suit are test pilot...what the heck is this ' Orange Color is For visual Aid In case of SAR ' you guys wrote.

















    [*******lemonchiffon]im joking only...if its a VMSK-4 Russian Naval Flight Suit then it probably pilot protection system as it contains a number of partial pressure (G-suit) components and it also acts as a dry-suit in case the pilot ejects into the cold waters of the North or Barents Seas....and yeah thats why its orange[/COLOR]
    Last edited by ggk; 03-27-2009 at 05:44 AM.

  9. #714
    Member flankerpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India PIE STrOnG!!1111!!
    Posts
    192

    Default

    The orange flight suit was seen worn by LCA TACDE pilots also. I doubt it has to do with naval ops

  10. #715
    Member flankerpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India PIE STrOnG!!1111!!
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Since this is a picture thread , enough talk and more candy




  11. #716
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum_shift View Post
    Have u watched top gun ??.. You can clearly See when F-14 Driver parachutes into the Water his Flight suit dissolves some chemical into the Water which gives a Phosphorous Glow in the Water .. i think the US NAVY | CG use that ..
    Yes I watched Top Gun, and I was a USN officer. The phosphorous glow is a chemical dye from a pack that is attached to their life vest. Nevertheless the most important part of their survival gear (apart from the flotation devices) is their helmet. Notice that USN helmets dont' have any crazy colorful markings anymore, nor are they gray or camouflaged. USN helmets are completely covered with white reflectant tape. Why? CAUSE IT REFLECTS. Don't forget that the only part of the pilot that a rescuer can see is the head, the rest of the body is underwater.

  12. #717
    Senior Member VAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flankerpilot View Post
    @ Vaman , must you post pictures of that "president" ?

    She is an embarrasement to this country.
    I agree with you but still she is the President, the supreme commander of the armed forces.

  13. #718
    Senior Member Kunal Biswas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    BHARAT, INDIA, HINDUSTAN ..
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VAMAN View Post
    I agree with you but still she is the President, the supreme commander of the armed forces.
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]Yeah unfortunately that is true........ Anyways letís drop the topic 'Madam Presidentí...... As this is a very sensitive topic regarding nationís pride..... [/FONT][/COLOR]

  14. #719
    Member fulcrum_shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post
    come on guys....orange flight suit are test pilot...what the heck is this ' Orange Color is For visual Aid In case of SAR ' you guys wrote.

















    [*******lemonchiffon]im joking only...if its a VMSK-4 Russian Naval Flight Suit then it probably pilot protection system as it contains a number of partial pressure (G-suit) components and it also acts as a dry-suit in case the pilot ejects into the cold waters of the North or Barents Seas....and yeah thats why its orange[/COLOR]
    Clearly this MKI driver is not wearing the [*******black]VMSK-4 Russian Naval Flight Suit[/COLOR]




    and some more IAF's "orange flight suits " ... i am convinced that these suits may not have the features of the VMSK-4 ..but only to signify that the Pilot is Qualified for Maritime ops









    if u want u can check this video at 7:35 the Mi-8 pilot uses the same flight suit and also the The Entire Chopper is Painted RED\Orange

  15. #720
    Member fulcrum_shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    80

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Panchito12 View Post
    Yes I watched Top Gun, and I was a USN officer. The phosphorous glow is a chemical dye from a pack that is attached to their life vest. Nevertheless the most important part of their survival gear (apart from the flotation devices) is their helmet. Notice that USN helmets dont' have any crazy colorful markings anymore, nor are they gray or camouflaged. USN helmets are completely covered with white reflectant tape. Why? CAUSE IT REFLECTS. Don't forget that the only part of the pilot that a rescuer can see is the head, the rest of the body is underwater.
    very useful info ! thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •