Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Quote Originally Posted by b0sco View Post
    Yeah, was pretty good. Although the plot reminded me of The Raid. A lot.
    Dredd's script was leaked pre-production, The Raid was in development after this happened and it isn't entirely far-fetched that the script elements from Dredd were "borrowed" for The Raid.

Drive - Fantastic film, lovely use of colours and quite possibly one of the best film soundtracks ever.

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer: 7/10 - I neither care for vampire films nor zombie films nor splatter, yet was pleasantly occupied while enjoying this one. Surprisingly the tie-in to historical events worked and added to the film... visually it was a treat although some of the CGI wasn't perfect.

The Avengers: 8/10 - Definitely one of the better superhero films.

Cloud Atlas.

Good, but confusing. I think i will need to watch it more than once to fully understand/appreciate it.

And Hugo Weaving cross-gender thing is pretty funny.
    Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 12-30-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Safe, 6/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1656190/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A movie similar with many others where the main actor is capable to destroy a whole city by himself.. Ah, and he protects a chinese girl..

Samsara.. really good, but not on the level of Baraka..

Jack Reacher - 8/10

Good action scenes and good plot. Tom Cruise at the top of his performance...But what is the sniper rifle the guy uses in the beginning of the movie please?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavyalex View Post
    Jack Reacher - 8/10

Good action scenes and good plot. Tom Cruise at the top of his performance...But what is the sniper rifle the guy uses in the beginning of the movie please?
    Modified M-14......

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Bond: Skyfall
    Bond (Craig) has to save M (Judi Dench) and stuff like that.
    Had the chance to watch this one today and... well, I quit after about an hour. Too much clichè, too little story depth and way too many noncredible action scenes. What have they done? The series's relaunch with Daniel Craig seemed so promising! 3/10

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 7/10
    The 70s remake with Donald Sutherland. Decent plot for a B-movie and extra points for young Jeff Goldblum and Leonard Nimoy. +2 points for Brooke Adam's bewbs. The howling noise the pod people make used to scare the living **** out of me as a kid.

The Hustler - 10/10
    True classic with Paul Newman.

What's crackalackalackin? Vehemence's Avatar
    Independent International Commission on Decommissioning

The Dark Knight Rises - 6.9/10

Still a good film, just lacked the intensity of the previous two. The fight scenes between Batman and Bane looked debilitated. For a superhero film, however, the backdrop does provide realism.

The Bourne Legacy - 6.9/10

Same thing here. The original Bourne series was fantastic. Great suspense and action. Well choreographed in almost every sense. This film, although still well executed, seemed to be a watered down version of the original. And it drew more questions than it answered. A shame that Matt Damon allegedly stated that he would not partake in further Bourne sequels.

Grosse Pointe Blank - 7/10

This film is just good. Watch it if you haven't.

Total Recall - 5/10

Mindless action. Although the CGI future looked quite good. By that I mean it was a significant improvement over the Star Wars trilogy. The plot was similar to the original with minor tweaks in a vain attempt to induce originality. Another drawback was the omission of the clever and witty dialogue that brought character to the original. The films superlative attribute was the lead antagonist. Kate Beckinsale looks fantastic. So much so that every time she was in a scene I wanted to fuck my television. She has the ability to maintain her looks through every explosion, gun battle and hand to hand combat sequence, not once smearing her lipstick or messing up her hair. There is no part of that woman I would not attach my tongue to.

Am halfway through 'The Change Up'. It's f[*******#000000]u[/COLOR]cking awful but Olivia Wilde looks really, really good so I'll probably watch until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Bond: Skyfall
    Bond (Craig) has to save M (Judi Dench) and stuff like that.
    Had the chance to watch this one today and... well, I quit after about an hour. Too much clichè, too little story depth and way too many noncredible action scenes. What have they done? The series's relaunch with Daniel Craig seemed so promising! 3/10
    you're so german

What's crackalackalackin? Vehemence's Avatar
    Independent International Commission on Decommissioning

Some time ago I watched Red Tails but decided to delay the review until I can write a compelling argument to prevent anyone from ever watching anything that George Lucas and Anthony Hemingway are involved in. To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    Some time ago I watched Red Tails but decided to delay the review until I can write a compelling argument to prevent anyone from ever watching anything that George Lucas and Anthony Hemingway are involved in. To be continued...
    I think I just referred to it as sh[*******#000000]i[/COLOR]t on a biblical scale.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    And I'm sure someone could possibly historically confirm but what are the odds of a black American pilot banging the singularly hottest chick in some Italian town and not getting shot?
    Roughly equal to the odds of a hot Italian chick recognising a black American pilot who she'd previously only seen when he was several hundred feet up in the air and doing three hundred knots.