Page 1949 of 1949 FirstFirst ... 9491449184918991939194119421943194419451946194719481949
Results 29,221 to 29,229 of 29229

Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Full Metal Jacket.

It's an excellent movie, I have a preference for the first half, until d'Onoffrio shot down the drill sergeant.

Kingsmen: 3/10. It tries too hard to be funny with all the forced meta humour and fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Victis Honor View Post
    I agree, still nice to watch but nowhere near the first seasons. It misses something that the first seasons had, maybe the drive to get somewhere (white house) and now that he is there its meh.
    I'm a few more episodes in and its clear this season is nowhere near the quality of the first two or the British original. It seems like they got a bunch of old screen writers from the West Wing and have injected a bunch of Left Coast romantic moralising. The world would be better if only Presidents were more aligned to ***** Riot, suicide for political beliefs, Tibetan monks and other stupid crap.

House of Cards is meant to be about a cunning, ruthless, but witty politician who destroys everything in his way. FU shouldn’t be outwitting the democratic presidential nomination or bypassing congress or sidestepping the Russians. He should be destroying them all! And then making a witty observation about it after their smoking bodies lie amongst the ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by Haine View Post
    I like so much zombie movies, this one is listed for this weekend. If u like so, can i suggest you Go Goa Gone? Very funny Bollywood movie about zombie plague
    The best part about Go Goa Gone was the Indian dude pretending to be Russian to get street cred in the rave party circles. As good as the black guy impersonation in tropic thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldraken View Post
    I'm a few more episodes in and its clear this season is nowhere near the quality of the first two or the British original. It seems like they got a bunch of old screen writers from the West Wing and have injected a bunch of Left Coast romantic moralising. The world would be better if only Presidents were more aligned to ***** Riot, suicide for political beliefs, Tibetan monks and other stupid crap.

House of Cards is meant to be about a cunning, ruthless, but witty politician who destroys everything in his way. FU shouldn’t be outwitting the democratic presidential nomination or bypassing congress or sidestepping the Russians. He should be destroying them all! And then making a witty observation about it after their smoking bodies lie amongst the ruins.
    Indeed. His lack of comments directed to the audience was... disappointing. There were some, but clearly not enough.

FU also seemed less agressive in this third season. IMHO I explain it with his new position, he has no real opposants, he cannot go higher, the result of his actions are less predictable and more settled in the long term. Also it seems Claire was not up to the task and had not the same apetite as FU.

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade View Post
    The best part about Go Goa Gone was the Indian dude pretending to be Russian to get street cred in the rave party circles. As good as the black guy impersonation in tropic thunder.
    There is no best part in it, just various degrees of bad. And that's without even having watched the thing.

Grease/ John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John.

Nice.

Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russell, 'nuff said.

Fault in Our Stars. 9/10. I enjoyed it very much.