Thread: What is the last movie you watched

  1. #28096
    Member Reichswehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    John Carter

    I actually liked it. It was engaging... not sure why it bombed so bad. A lot better than the other **** Hollywood pumps out. 6/10... 7/10 just to spite the haters.
    I agree, John Carter is an excellent film. It is not normally my thing, but I really did enjoy it. I think it will develop a cult following. Still I can't understand why it bombed, compared to the other crap Hollywood is churning out.

  2. #28097
    Warmonger Nacho-Libre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichswehr View Post
    I agree, John Carter is an excellent film. It is not normally my thing, but I really did enjoy it. I think it will develop a cult following. Still I can't understand why it bombed, compared to the other crap Hollywood is churning out.
    Poor marketing. People don't know they want to see a film if they haven't been told about it, and I think Disney flopped when it came to marketing, either not doing enough, doing too much, or doing it wrong.

    Not a movie, but Vikings Season 2 episode 1 - 9/10. Ragnar cracked me up in the wifey scene. And a scene at the end of the episode was interrupted by the arrival of onion ninjas somewhere in my room. Great episode, and the season preview at the end looked awesome.

  3. #28098
    Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Reflecting on life at Narcism Pond.
    Posts
    14,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacho-Libre View Post
    Poor marketing. People don't know they want to see a film if they haven't been told about it, and I think Disney flopped when it came to marketing, either not doing enough, doing too much, or doing it wrong.

    Not a movie, but Vikings Season 2 episode 1 - 9/10. Ragnar cracked me up in the wifey scene. And a scene at the end of the episode was interrupted by the arrival of onion ninjas somewhere in my room. Great episode, and the season preview at the end looked awesome.
    As a Disney film, it was kind of marketed as a kids movie, which it wasnt at all.

  4. #28099
    Senior Member SirGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Non Stop. Good suspense. As usual, please suspend your critical thinking faculties while watching

  5. #28100
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    a Greek in Phuket
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I saw 300 rise of an empire yesterday. I was expecting more to say the truth but it was ok. In Thailand they cut the seks scene!

  6. #28101
    Tom of Mumbai thounaojamtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    somewhere stuck in traffic
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    300:Rise of the Nation 7/10 some really awe scene a must watch, story is not that appealing, 3d was Great there are some Jaw dropping moments, Eva Green was a Bedazzling.

  7. #28102
    **** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    A terra dos foguetes
    Posts
    29,546

    Default

    Anything in the streaming/VOD realm that I should watch?

    I'm being a shut-in and I need to occupy my time.

  8. #28103
    Banned User Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    44
    Posts
    42,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Anything in the streaming/VOD realm that I should watch?

    I'm being a shut-in and I need to occupy my time.
    That sounds like a bad scene for someone who is bored with porn.

  9. #28104
    **** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    A terra dos foguetes
    Posts
    29,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    That sounds like a bad scene for someone who is bored with porn.
    You don't know the half of it, sister.

  10. #28105
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    14,944

    Default

    Try Vikings, it's half decent, not Game Of Thrones but fills he void

  11. #28106
    Platinum Member Rattfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a knife fight with a gypsy...
    Posts
    12,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Agreed. Should be watched after Kurosawa's 7 Samourai.
    X3. 13 Assassins was a really good flick.
    Watch Yojimbo as well.

  12. #28107
    Potty trained to the excess kerfuffled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    syrup drinking snow mexican
    Posts
    1,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    John Carter

    I actually liked it. It was engaging... not sure why it bombed so bad. A lot better than the other **** Hollywood pumps out. 6/10... 7/10 just to spite the haters.
    I liked this movie also. It was definately worth a watch.

  13. #28108

    Default

    the counselor 4/10 Good cast, everything else FAIL.

    the bag man 3/10 just bad

    redemption 6.5/10 jason statham kicking some scumbags ass for 90 min., no surprises there

  14. #28109
    Senior Member Mate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gjakovë,Republic of Kosovo
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Non-Stop 7/10 nice plot.

  15. #28110
    I think I know everything, but I don't lightfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Non-stop

    More Liam Neeson drama (poor guy, when he want to play this dramatic character, all he needs to do, is to remember his dead wife - that makes him the saddest person on Earth. And you don't **** with that kind of person), than actual thriller, but quite a decent thriller anyway with nice, though bit predictable plot

    8,5/10



    Monuments men

    2/ 10

    What a waste, what a disappointment, what a mess. Overcheesy dialogues, lame mostly improvised humour, incoherent plot, careless talentless direction (same Clooney). Best part of this film is the trailer.


    12 years a slave

    5/10

    I get it. It's important to some people, interesting in a way, but I thought it's really boring in the end. "I was sold into slavery and this is what I was doing" - could have been more interesting. Though probably some books are not for big screen. I honestly don't see how it got an oscar.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •