Page 1958 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 9581458185819081948195019511952195319541955195619571958
Results 29,356 to 29,369 of 29369

Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Generation War - a German 3 part series about the WW2..interesting watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShaVle8SiO8 part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t0YFdl2X7M part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgIZaxaf4sw part 3

Quote Originally Posted by c2pancrazi View Post
    That movie was disturbing, but the acting was amazing
    Yes, disturbing. I had a sensation of misery and sadness for the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi051 View Post
    Generation War - a German 3 part series about the WW2..interesting watch.
    I love this series, a lot. Still looking for something that can make me enthusiast in the same way

Yesterday was something big !

There was a premiere for France of 'The Water Diviner', with Russell Crowe and Olga Kurylenko live after the projection to talk with us. His movie comes out on April, 15th here.

First, I was like "OMG ! Russell and Olga in the flesh !!!" (a lot of "flesh" on Mr. Crowe... good bye Maximus' abs), and while he told us the Aussie tabloids usually stalk him for beer scandals, he was glad he made something better to talk about. And Kurylenko is fluent in french. And HOT ! (the gf messed with me "C'mon, say it, she's hot, right ?" *snickers*)

About the movie, it was really good ! I liked it ! I've known about Gallipolli by MP.net Australian members, and how ANZAC day was so important. Crowe explained how much, and the habit of waking up very early that day to remember. It also showed how that battle was perceived by the Turks, and he wanted people to see it too, which puts some perspective into it.

I'd like to have some feedback from Aussies and Kiwis that went to see it, how did you feel about this movie ?
    Last edited by TG211; 4 Days Ago at 06:59 AM.

Senior Member CourageAboveAllValues's Avatar

TG211

I suggest you give this a read.

Gallipoli by L A Carlyon - http://www.amazon.com/Gallipoli-L-Ca...ords=gallipoli

Very good read.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

It was an interesting movie, I hadn't spent much time thinking about what happened during the post war period, so that aspect of the film was good to see.

Jagten. Danish movie 2012...8/10

Its a tragic and disturbing story and I felt sorry for the main character throughout the movie.

This movie got many deserved awards

A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TG211 View Post
    Yesterday was something big !

There was a premiere for France of 'The Water Diviner', with Russell Crowe and Olga Kurylenko live after the projection to talk with us. His movie comes out on April, 15th here.

First, I was like "OMG ! Russell and Olga in the flesh !!!" (a lot of "flesh" on Mr. Crowe... good bye Maximus' abs), and while he told us the Aussie tabloids usually stalk him for beer scandals, he was glad he made something better to talk about. And Kurylenko is fluent in french. And HOT ! (the gf messed with me "C'mon, say it, she's hot, right ?" *snickers*)

About the movie, it was really good ! I liked it ! I've known about Gallipolli by MP.net Australian members, and how ANZAC day was so important. Crowe explained how much, and the habit of waking up very early that day to remember. It also showed how that battle was perceived by the Turks, and he wanted people to see it too, which puts some perspective into it.

I'd like to have some feedback from Aussies and Kiwis that went to see it, how did you feel about this movie ?
    Damn lucky you! I've been pretty stoked to check out that movie for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximmmm View Post
    Damn lucky you! I've been pretty stoked to check out that movie for a while now.
    Well... My GF got a selfie with him, but I didn't... She's not tall and somehow security missed her, and even she was like "WTF !?" when she noticed she was right next to Russell Crowe and he told her "You, come over it."

I'm kinda jealous.

Oh, and poor Olga Kurylenko, everyon simply ignored her and were agglomerating around Crowe. She was completely open ! But she left and no selfie with her either...

I wonder if I can post a pic or if I risk Universal's lawyers swarming on me like flies on ****...

Finished watching Gallipoli.

Very good and interesting on something that is almost not mentioned at all at school during History classes. But is it really surprising in the end...

Anyway, another depiction of that senseless war fought with modern equipment and obsolete tactics. Where 60000 lives meant nothing but numbers and statistics.

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Finished watching Gallipoli.

Very good and interesting on something that is almost not mentioned at all at school during History classes. But is it really surprising in the end...

Anyway, another depiction of that senseless war fought with modern equipment and obsolete tactics. Where 60000 lives meant nothing but numbers and statistics.
    Welcome to WW1.

movies i watched last 3 days:

the water diviner - 8/10

i was surprised that a western movie didn't portray turks as bloodthirsty murderers, rapists and thugs. actually i gave it 8 just for that.

hunger games series - 7/10

first two were ok, the last one was a lot like watching titanic, with all that tear. at some point i got scared that my pc would crash because of that watery-watery scenes. and there was one guy in the movie (head of security of d13) whose only lines were "this way, let's go, follow me" LOL

the hobbit the battle of the five armies - 6.5/10

i hated the first movie, despised the second one (****, they turned good fantasy story into love story :S) but third one was closer to the original storyline and i loved those boar-riding dwarfs

re watching 3rd Rock, brilliant comedic stuff

Water Diviner 10/10,simply magnificent.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Quote Originally Posted by telkon View Post
    the water diviner - 8/10

i was surprised that a western movie didn't portray turks as bloodthirsty murderers, rapists and thugs. actually i gave it 8 just for that.
    A lot of respect for the Turks in Australia. Fought as allies in Korea 30 odd years after the war and I'm pretty sure there were mutual plans for commemoration on ANZAC day 1951, before 3RAR got bogged down in the battle of Kapyong.