Page 1936 of 1936 FirstFirst ... 9361436183618861926192819291930193119321933193419351936
Results 29,026 to 29,034 of 29034

Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Friday was a bank holiday, so the GF and I went on a "movie" day. Saw 3 flicks :

1- The Guardians of the Galaxy : 8/10 : Loved it ! I have no idea about the comic original, but who cares ?! That movies was great, and it had a cool talking racoon ! Won't talk more, 'cause it could be spoily ! as for the "Marvel hidden ending", it was useless. Don't stay, just look for the youtube of it. I felt as let down as with Iron Man 3's...

2- Begin Again : 9/10 : with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley : I didn't expect to like it so much ! The GF wanted to see it, she likes "romance and songs" stuff and well, I didn't care so whatever, let's go. The story is about a talent chaser that hears a girl sing and wants to sign her, despite her scepticism. It's not what you expect based on this summary, it's intelligent, human, good filmed, and the songs are really good and NO IT'S NOT A MUSICAL ! It contains a lot of unexpected and in a good way. It's a GOOD movie !

3- Bad Neighbours : 6/10 : it was funny alright. But less than 'This is the End'. Lots of toilet/college humour, could have amused me more.

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

Dr.Strangelove : 10/10 - I get my dose of this classic about every year or so.

The Giver : 5/10 - Was ok I guess, but just didn't give me much.

Mad Max: 7/10 - Felt like an extending prequel to second film, existing only to get the main character to the place that he needed to be in for the second film to occur.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior: 8/10 - A great action adventure. There are of course improvements that I could think of but for the budget and the time it is a great film.

Manhunter: 7.5/10 - An earlier Michael Mann effort that suffers from being one of his earlier films. Was surprisingly similar to Red Dragon, I had been led to believe that it would be quite different from the later film. Fiennes does a substantially better job at portraying Dolarhyde than Noonan. All in all I would say that I prefer Red Dragon over Manhunter by a significant margin.

The Last Detail (1976). Found the full movie on Youtube
    Two sailors get are tasked with transporting a prisoner to the Portsmouth prison. End up partying with said prisoner.
    8 out of 10

In my basement building UAVs to take over the world.

Just watched Red Dawn (2012)
    "The Blue beret means he's Spetsnaz"

Potential Getaway Driver Aerosoul's Avatar

Anyone seen A Most Wanted Man yet? Sory if I missed something on the last page or two. Been relegated to my phone the last couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerosoul View Post
    Anyone seen A Most Wanted Man yet? Sory if I missed something on the last page or two. Been relegated to my phone the last couple weeks.
    I have not seen it, but it is a movie worth watching. I liked Hoffman in Charlie Wilson's War and does a good job of playing those sorts of roles.

Potential Getaway Driver Aerosoul's Avatar

Yeah I figured I'd see it, regardless of ratings. Going to miss Hoffman.

A Million Ways To Die In The West - 7/10

A nice light entertainment, with a few hilarious cameos and 20th century American slangs, swear words and stereotypes in the Wild West era. Liam Neeson didn't really have that outlaw bandit aura though.