Thread: What is the last movie you watched

  1. #27511
    Senior Member IraGlacialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gittin' mah edumakashuns... in the land of temples and bad traffic.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,745

    Default

    X-men: Days of Future Past
    Easily the strongest installment in the X-men series, and a nice way of shunting away the debacle that occurred after X2. It will be interesting to see what the plan is for Age of Apocalypse.
    Quicksilver was probably the highlight there.

  2. #27512
    Senior Member JKD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NM, United States
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Filth.

    Surprisingly disturbing, even having read the book.
    I saw that last week. Less of a comedy than I was expecting. It's really tragic. Good though.

  3. #27513
    Senior Member PMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In a secure location
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Wajdja - A beautiful little film.
    Last edited by PMI; 05-31-2014 at 01:40 PM.

  4. #27514
    Senior Member boza128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Knjazevac, Serbia
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Non-Stop 7/10



    Liam Neeson being a badass!

  5. #27515
    The reason for the Forum minimum age limits Quakecry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Snowpiercer
    It was actually decent, lots of questions though.
    7/10

  6. #27516
    Senior Member D-Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    navalanalyses.blogspot.com
    Posts
    8,260

    Default

    Ironclad, 7/10. Very realistic battles, the depiction of the whole siege in the movie was incredible, it was like you were inside the castle. Not so good plot though (and historically inaccurate) and the main character not the best. Beautiful queen though

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233301/?ref_=nv_sr_1

  7. #27517
    Senior Member kawaiku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On earth...why? Did I miss something?
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Mitch View Post
    Ironclad, 7/10. Very realistic battles, the depiction of the whole siege in the movie was incredible, it was like you were inside the castle. Not so good plot though (and historically inaccurate) and the main character not the best. Beautiful queen though

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233301/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Basically 7-Samurai meets medieval England.

  8. #27518
    Banned user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    signal to noise ratio was out of whack, again
    Posts
    8,742

    Default

    Zulu
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249221/

    Pretty cool, 7/10

  9. #27519
    Member Papenheims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Latvia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Скорый Москва-Россия
    http://www.kinopoisk.ru/film/705436/
    Very bad movie, pretends to be a comedy and full of stupid cliches.

  10. #27520
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14

    Default Terminator Salvation. Anybody like this movie?

    Even though Cameron's future vision of the war were greatly detailed and short, I think Salvation managed to do a decent vision. Yes, it doesn't have plasma weapons, HK tanks rolling around destroying things. But you gotta remember it was in 2018 and it was still in a earlier stage of the war. Scenes like the Harvester collecting humans, T-600 attacking Kyle and Marcus, Moto Terminators,Hydrobots and Aerostates were scenes that showed you what condition were for the human race living in that timeline. I guess the war against the machines were in a stalemate, perhaps the machines had a little advantage with their high AI and high tech weaponry. I remember MCG had 40 minutes with unreleased scenes that were cut. In some of those scenes they had T-600 roaming Skynet facilities and HK tank destroying a church and crushing human skulls. I wish he would released them in a blue ray release. It would improve the movie, but I think the movie is good and much better than Rise of the Machines.



  11. #27521
    Last of the Mohicans boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Van, man.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,390

    Default

    Nope.
    Not a single person liked this movie.

  12. #27522
    Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Reflecting on life at Narcism Pond.
    Posts
    15,565

    Default

    You said it all, boone.

  13. #27523
    Last of the Mohicans boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Van, man.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,390

    Default

    I'm ashamed that it took me to finally say it, BIV

  14. #27524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhand88 View Post
    I wish he would released them in a blue ray release. It would improve the movie, but I think the movie is good and much better than Rise of the Machines.

    Iīm far from being a Terminator fan, but Iīd like to add my opinion. Rise of the Machines was not that good at all, except for the part when everything starts and future rebelion leaders find themselves involved in such a mess. Arnoldīs role was ... not as cool as it was in T1 and 2, justs to put this into simple, not harmful words.

    Salvation offers an interesting vision of the human-machines war with a couple of interesting scenes, but overall its simply unattractive as a movie. Most of its action scenes end up being boring and predictable.

  15. #27525
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post
    Iīm far from being a Terminator fan, but Iīd like to add my opinion. Rise of the Machines was not that good at all, except for the part when everything starts and future rebelion leaders find themselves involved in such a mess. Arnoldīs role was ... not as cool as it was in T1 and 2, justs to put this into simple, not harmful words.

    Salvation offers an interesting vision of the human-machines war with a couple of interesting scenes, but overall its simply unattractive as a movie. Most of its action scenes end up being boring and predictable.
    Which scenes did you find interesting?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •