Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Quote Originally Posted by Aerosoul View Post
    First time seeing it?
    Seems like one you would like. I need to watch it again.
    Yeah, not really sure why I never got around to it before.

Just watched the Veronica Mars movie, was good but I used to watch the TV series - if you've not seen the show then I imagine it'll leave you a little cold.

**** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTUzNDQ3Nzc0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU1OTk5OA@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	216536

9/10. First season free on Hulu. 2d season free through other non-British means.

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTUzNDQ3Nzc0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU1OTk5OA@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	216536

9/10. First season free on Hulu. 2d season free through other non-British means.
    the local PBS affiliate shows this. (!) http://www.thebritishtvplace.com/201...l#.UzIeXJoo7IU

I have yet to get into it as much as everyone else and it might not just happen.

Aviator...with Leonardo DeCaprio, as Howard Hughes. 8/10.....though I am not crazy over LC as an actor....the story of Howard Hughes is pretty darn interesting IMO and I didn't know squat about him other than the inherited money from the drill bit family, the Spruce Goose, the Kleenex box shoes, long fingernails etc.

I bought the DVD as I want to watch it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by commanding View Post
    Aviator...with Leonardo DeCaprio, as Howard Hughes. 8/10.....though I am not crazy over LC as an actor....the story of Howard Hughes is pretty darn interesting IMO and I didn't know squat about him other than the inherited money from the drill bit family, the Spruce Goose, the Kleenex box shoes, long fingernails etc.

I bought the DVD as I want to watch it a couple of times.
    I think it's a great film - much overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    I think it's a great film - much overlooked.
    I like to learn even pop history...easy like on a film...and I had no idea he and Kate Hepburn were such a big deal back then.....the dinner scene with HH at Hepburn's family home was so darn funny I about died laughing. Evidently HH was a really smart guy in aviation, and had balls too.

Quote Originally Posted by commanding View Post
    I like to learn even pop history...easy like on a film...and I had no idea he and Kate Hepburn were such a big deal back then.....the dinner scene with HH at Hepburn's family home was so darn funny I about died laughing. Evidently HH was a really smart guy in aviation, and had balls too.
    I was impressed by Cate Blanchett's Hepburn portrayal too. One of the interesting things I read about it was that Scorsese imitated the colour hues you'd have seen in films at that time period, so apparently in movies made in the thirties green objects actually appeared more of a blue colour, hence in the scene where he crashes in the beet field the leaves all look more blue than green, the same with the specific number of peas on his plate - they look blue.

300 sequel: 5/10. Visually great, last five minutes were great, everything else was crap. But I'm just judging it as a sequel. When I've forgotten how awesome 300 was, I may like it.

Equilibrium. I'd watched bits of it over the years, but never the whole thing, so decided to netflix yesterday evening. Basically 1984 but with 300% more shooting and slicing people. As expected from a movie from the early 2000s, some of the FX doesn't hold up too well. Fun little action flick.

Red Corner 6/10

Got bored, found this movie late at night on MGM. This movie was quite entertaining to me, but had too many bad Commie-Chinese stereotype combined with Hollywood cliche and dramatization. As this movie was made in 1997, things may or may not be the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    I was impressed by Cate Blanchett's Hepburn portrayal too. One of the interesting things I read about it was that Scorsese imitated the colour hues you'd have seen in films at that time period, so apparently in movies made in the thirties green objects actually appeared more of a blue colour, hence in the scene where he crashes in the beet field the leaves all look more blue than green, the same with the specific number of peas on his plate - they look blue.
    Yes I noticed the colors and thought it was to make the scenes look "period".

A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada

Finally saw Lone Survivor.
    Jesus that movie hits hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by RSone View Post
    Equilibrium. I'd watched bits of it over the years, but never the whole thing, so decided to netflix yesterday evening. Basically 1984 but with 300% more shooting and slicing people. As expected from a movie from the early 2000s, some of the FX doesn't hold up too well. Fun little action flick.
    I call it a cross between the Matrix and 1984.

Red Dawn (2012)

5/10.

The first version was much better and at least it wasn't that hard to believe that the Russians would invade. Unlikely, but possible. Best Korea? They could have at least used unicorns instead of Humvees.

Frozen. The princess was hilarious. That is all.