Thread: What is the last movie you watched

Quote Originally Posted by Aerosoul View Post
    Kill Bill Vol. 1 6.5/10

First time I've seen the whole thing,. Just couldn't really get into it. Got Vol2 still on DVR, watch it soon.
    The first one was quite enjoyable to me, and IMO it was better better then the second volume. Your experience may differ though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sootan View Post
    The first one was quite enjoyable to me, and IMO it was better then the second volume.
    Probably. Many great scenes in both though.

Just saw "It Happened On 5th Avenue", on Turner Classic Movies. Victor Moore as a Hobo who moves into a seasonally vacated Mansion in NYC. Other people down on their luck and even the real owners (in disguise) move in as well. Hilarity ensues. Worth seeing. Another Christmas favorite from years past. Made the same time as It's A Wonderful Life.

Cast of old TV favorites from shows like Ozzie and Harriott and Hazel, as well as Alan Hale Jr, in his younger days,well known from Gilligans' Island, as the Skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post

The whole cast is magnificent. Christopher Lee, Benedict Cumberbatch etc...
    lol wut? did he even have a line in the first Hobbit movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    lol wut? did he even have a line in the first Hobbit movie?
    He totally menaced you man. Totes magotes.

Regardless of its downsides, im gonna give the Hobbit trilogy another shot at the cinema next week (hopefully). I loved the book, and read almost all of JRRT's material.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Regardless of its downsides, im gonna give the Hobbit trilogy another shot at the cinema next week (hopefully). I loved the book, and read almost all of JRRT's material.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A Greek in the Netherlands who struggles with the bad weather every day..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabral View Post
    For the love of God, skip the "spin offs" and go from "the wedding" (n.3, I think) straight to American Pie Reunion
    Wow, yesterday I realized why you said that when I began watching N.4. 4-7 are f****** stupid movies with completely different actors. thanks man, I am going directly to Reunion

The Hobbit - TDoS.

Better than the first one by a long margin, but could still do with a very harsh edit to cut out the bloatedness of it. Bomburs barrell escapades easily the worst part of the film.

I think I know everything, but I don't lightfire's Avatar

Saw The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug.

Pretty much loved it, although as a JRRT fan I must say I had to be *****ly a bit. I guess one could say so about all of the other movies though - we've seen lots of that in LOTR with script departing from the original story into lame excuses of dramatic effects and necessity to bring feminine angles: like Arwen, Sam, Theoden, Saruman, Denethor decisions etc.

In this Hobbit there are plenty of those "why did you do this, PJ, why?". Like love triangle - srsly, what? And those inevitable comparing with LOTR shots and movie lines, hints (mentioning Gimli for instance). First shot of the movie - PJ with a carrot once again Thranduil - what an a-hole, as he should be. Legolas doesn't have Gimli to compete with, so he probably competes in a stare competition with Rick from The Walking Dead - god, so many stares.. Brand looks like a cousin of Legolas, while Beorn is dissapointing - some kind of centauri cousin of Londo Molari ( btw, Thranduil guard seems to look like vorlons - not sure if that was an angle or intentional dedication to Babylon 5).

But all in all it's great. Esspecially the Smaug. Another CGI character, like Gollum, another big win. Actually Smaug IS the single most interesting character of the pretty much dull lot. A gentleman with genocidal intentions, cunning one, that would make Glaurung proud.

What I've noticed lacking though was a surprise - music score of this part is somewhat disappointing. Definitely lowest of all films. Nothing to remember, while the song along the credits "I see fire" could probably make Timberlake fans wet, but hey, that's not that kind of a film.

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by lightfire View Post
    while the song along the credits "I see fire" could probably make Timberlake fans wet, but hey, that's not that kind of a film.

8/10
    It felt to me like a they copied off Game of Thrones with a song like that if you get what I mean.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your clacker valve. Playing cricket

Quote Originally Posted by my name again View Post
    21 Jump Street 8/10 . Would watch again.
    I think they're doing a sequel.

A Greek in the Netherlands who struggles with the bad weather every day..

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    I think they're doing a sequel.
    That would be great, I loved the movie, I have watched 3 times.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your clacker valve. Playing cricket

Just checked imdb, it's called 22 jump street.

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    Just checked imdb, it's called 22 jump street.
    Just when you think Hollywood has run out of good ideas...