Hey everyone, look at me, I'm the only important one here...
HOLLis, I would love to have a workshop like yours. When I sandblasted my shotty I had to go over to my father-in-laws nephews house to use his and he lives about 1hr away from me. He had a bloody hole in his compressor, so a job that should have taken about 30mins took close to 3hrs. It turned out ok though.
Even though I stunk the house out when I baked the shotty parts in the oven
After heating treating, the stock braket is riveted to the reciever and then the barrel trunnion.
I use a press and a Squeezer to set rivets. The squeezer can go to hard to reach places.
It is pretty much done, I need to fit the stock and check the operation of the bolt. The Magazine. Then it is cleaned and a finishe is applied to the receiver. After that it is completely assembled and test fired.
Geezer, I never like having to barrow, and put up with junk to do things. I have always like building stuff.
Ok, Ready for the finish, I have fitted everything to the receiver, and besure everthing worked. Now to put a finish on the receiver.
BTW Ezekiel, it can be easier if you bought a finished receiver. The idea of doing most the work is pay yourself not some gunshop. This AK total cost is about $130-150. I bought some compliant parts on sale.
Kit was $90, flats and rails and rivets $20, rest is providing compliant parts and finish.
Time to show off my newest build.......
My new shorty AR.
- Noveske 10.5 Inch SS 1:7 Polygonal barrel.
- Noveske KX3 (Krink) Flash Hider 5.56MM.
- PRI front flip up sight w/ gas block.
- PRI Gasbuster charging handle w/ big latch.
- VLTOR MUR A3 upper receiver
- VLTOR Carbine Modstock Kit w/ slip over butt-pad.
- Bushmaster Mil. Spec Lower receiver. - Tango Down VFG, Rail Grips,Grip and PR-4 single point sling mount. - LaRue Tactical Handguard 7.0" free float, EoTech QD Mount LT-110. - Troy Ind Rear Folding Battle Sight. - Laser Devices OTAL laser. - EOTech 511 ( while I get a tan 553 ) - Streamlight M3 LED. and a couple of tan Magpuls for the mags and CBQ single point sling.