Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Thread: Philippine Marine Corps

  1. #1
    Member Tabak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    118

    Default Philippine Marine Corps

    the Philippine Marines... we dont actually have state-of-the-art weaponry but we have one of the most disciplined and resourceful marine corps in the world. Enjoy guys... maybe u can also help me id some of the hardware in some of the pics



































  2. #2

    Default

    more infos about this two ??


    &

  3. #3
    Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Thessaloniki, HELLAS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,407

    Default

    LVTH-6 and OTOBreda M56 105mm pack howitzer. For more info on their use in the Philippines, go to www.timawa.net

  4. #4
    Member xEDGEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, VA; seasonally in Sedona, AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    337

    Default

    LARC-V in the first pic, right?

    Looks like the LVT(?) in the 7th picture has a hole in the bow doors?

    Don't know what the 9th picture (the armored car things) are but they look cool.

  5. #5
    Member Tabak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    118

    Default

    all of the vehicles that you can see in the picture (except the humvees), i think they are part of the newly acquired hardware from the us.... not really sure

  6. #6
    Member SuicideSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC, NY, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Thats a very interesting cammo pattern they have on their vehicle, I believe that the US Marines are currently training with them.

  7. #7
    Member Tabak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    118

    Default

    yup.. its called Balikatan Joint Excercise or something. check this out guys

    http://timawa.net/pmcminda.htm

  8. #8

    Default

    The 6 wheeled armoured vehicles are Cadillac-Gage V300's.The PMC uses them together with the smaller 4 wheeled V150.
    The Phillipine Marine Corps are quite possibly the last users of the LVTP 5 and LVT 6H(howitzer) Amtracs.
    References:' Gallant Warriors from the Sea- The Phillipine Marine Corps Today' auth. Franz Tinio Lopez,Phillipines (1997)
    'Cutting Edge-The First 50 years of the Phillipine Marine Corps' pub. Phillipine Marine Corps,Makti city Phillipines (Nov. 2000)
    Last edited by retrobob; 10-26-2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideSteve View Post
    Thats a very interesting cammo pattern they have on their vehicle, I believe that the US Marines are currently training with them.
    They are currently on Exercise Talon Vision.
    http://www.marines.mil/tvphiblex07/

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retrobob View Post
    The 6 wheeled armoured vehicles are Cadillac-Gage V300's.The PMC uses them together with the smaller 4 wheeled V150.
    The Phillipine Marine Corps are quite possibly the last users of the LVTP 5 and LVT 6H(howitzer) Amtracs.
    References:' Gallant Warriors from the Sea- The Phillipine Marine Corps Today' auth. Franz Tinio Lopez,Phillipines (1997)
    'Cutting Edge-The First 50 years of the Phillipine Marine Corps' pub. Phillipine Marine Corps,Makti city Phillipines (Nov. 2000)
    Actually the Taiwanese use them too.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    LVTH-6 and OTOBreda M56 105mm pack howitzer. For more info on their use in the Philippines, go to www.timawa.net
    You can also go to http://www.hueybravo.net/, partner site of Timawa.net where all those pictures are hotlinked from.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabak View Post
    the Philippine Marines... we dont actually have state-of-the-art weaponry but we have one of the most disciplined and resourceful marine corps in the world. Enjoy guys... maybe u can also help me id some of the hardware in some of the pics
    Information available from the source website www.timawa.net and it's partner www.hueybravo.net

  13. #13

    Default

    i'm proud to be a filipino because of these guys..they fight with old second hand **** yet they still fight. too bad they're rebellion last year didn't work out too well.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manilaboy View Post
    i'm proud to be a filipino because of these guys..they fight with old second hand **** yet they still fight. too bad they're rebellion last year didn't work out too well.
    So you were for the coup? Stop looking at my pictures then. The pics are of the Philippine Marine Ready Force, the group tasked to deter (and if necessary crush) messianic adventurists like Sundalong Kawal Pilipino or whatever they call themselves. Those guys in the pictures were the ones that surrounded the rebels the night before the coup.

    The plotters were so inept and careless that everyone in Manila knew about the plot. Even grade schoolers were texting their friends about when it was going to happen. You think people like that can handle running the government? Jeez! You're obviously not in the Philippines.

    They also linked up with the CPP/NPA by the way. Nice country we would have had if they won. It was a setup for civil war.

  15. #15
    Member Yaberdaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in the net...
    Posts
    162

    Default

    hahaha, hiya opus!! that was a messy "coup" indeed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •