Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Archive Thread 10- Question on new USMC sniper rifle.

Avoiding Asshats, Lying Low DeltaWhisky58's Avatar

OK Maw - we've spoken, slack cut.

Quote Originally Posted by maw View Post
    best bang for the buck in .338lm is the sako trg, money no object i'd got with the pgw timberwolf's (with the canadian spec'd uso glass) that the cannuck snipers in the stan are now getting.
    Ok, my memory has been jogged. Im pretty sure the Timberwolf rifle you mention is the favourite of the 3 contenders for the new UK sniper rifle. Ill confirm on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Twombly View Post
    Well about using a M14 by marines:
    Recon snipers use the M14 DMR
    Yep.

Taken by my own hand:

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by UDTWOLF View Post
    No the Marines have not been. They don't even use an M14 at all. They stick with the M40 mainly.
    Last I heard, they still use the M14DMR version of the M14.

Quote Originally Posted by JTAR7242 View Post
    Yep.

Taken by my own hand:
    Which recon bn is that? The ones at Camp Pendleton I have never seen them with it from what I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thidpathfinderpower View Post
    Last I heard, they still use the M14DMR version of the M14.
    Yeah, it looks like they are. I thought that they hadn't used it in sometime. I know that SS do not use them, but I guess recon still does.

Banned user
    passing through pineland on the way to df's house

udtwolf - do you by chance have a socnet or professional soldiers account? if so, come on over and introduce yorself, there's someone i'd like you to meet...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrjetix View Post
    Ok, my memory has been jogged. Im pretty sure the Timberwolf rifle you mention is the favourite of the 3 contenders for the new UK sniper rifle. Ill confirm on Monday.
    in that case here's some prairie gun works long range fcukstick goodness for you (the newest timberwolf is available with a folding stock):

notice the top shelf canadian spec'd uso scope (with erek knobs and all):

notice the awesomely cool maple leaf on the end of the can:

off to the stan:

this rig will hit a man sized target at 1860 yards:
    Last edited by maw; 11-19-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Falcons FTW

What is the twist-looking machining on the barrel for? does it help with heat dissipation?

ya looks almost like fluting.

LOL dude i love that picture of the M40,M40A1,M40A3 and the M14. needless to say i know they arnt issuing 2 of those systems anymore.

I rememeber berthing with a EOD team in 2003 on a westpac float that had two m14 dmr's. Have not seen one since but wouldn't be surprise if they were still i service.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by maw View Post
    udtwolf - do you by chance have a socnet or professional soldiers account? if so, come on over and introduce yorself, there's someone i'd like you to meet...
    Maw- I don't believe that I do but tell me where to go and I will come on over.
    Last edited by DeltaWhisky58; 11-19-2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Quote fixed.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

Edit. CJ beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel25:17 View Post
    http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

Edit. CJ beat me to it.
    Thanks fellas I put two and two together right after I posted that and common sense prevailed and I already found it. lol

Moderator & Go Go Dancer Of Death Chops's Avatar

Right I think this farce has gone on long enough don't you Mr UDTWOLF?

Shall I list what doesn't add up with you?

1) Your support for the SOCOM 16, a weapon which has not been adopted by ANY USSOCOM or NSW unit including the SEALs. NSW are seemingly very happy with the Mark 14 EBR. Indeed, why would they trial a 16" barrel M14? For 'snipers' as you allege? With a 16" barrel you're not going to have the accuracy demanded of sniper platforms beyond maybe 200 metres or so and that's being charitable. Before you throw your support behind a platform, read up on it beforehand- it's a CQB platform and a civilian one at that. The SOCOM tag is pure marketing not as you claim 'SOCOM 16 was made specifically for units in SOCOM '.

2) You then claim 'operational' experience with said weapon. So no one in USSOCOM are carrying it but you have? And this is on your 'numerous' stints in the Sandbox? Really? You might have expected you might have seen a few M14 DMRs in the hands of Marines on all of these 'tours' but no, you claim they haven't adopted the 14.

3) You later claim '4 tours in Iraq 2 in Afghan, (I will not name the others)'. And '8 years in the Navy? Really? For a guy with that much trigger time in the badlands you sure talk like a teenager reading too much Tom Clancy.

4) Your continual refusal to name your unit is rather suspicious now isn't it? To quote yourself again, 'You know that I am not going to release to you my unit information that would be down right stupid and that is OPSEC'. Rubbish. You're supposedly a Navy corpsman who hints at HSLD connections- what possible OPSEC considerations could there be about naming the unit or even the command you're attached to. Unless it doesn't exist and you're not attached to any HSLD unit. Or perhaps you're not even a Navy corpsman at all?

5) Your 'Camps of Terror' post was direct from a teenage brain with zero real world experience. It was laughable. In fact what was more laughable was that you used this post to criticise others for not serving. Pot. Kettle. Black. Laughable.

6) 'I mean I am not about to start saying confirms, you know'. What? Is this in Ghost Recon or Battlefield 2? Or airsoft?

7) Your supposed 'training' with LA FBI SWAT and their use of the SOCOM 16. Do you realise that the FBI is a national organisation and their adoption of new weapons systems reflects this? They don't just adopt whatever they like. You should know that after 'working' with their snipers. Or maybe you didn't. Like the JSOC unit I mentioned to which you agreed they were top notch- JSOC MFU = JSOC Mega Force Unit. A little 'in' joke here.

8) Your refusal to answer PMs from Beo and myself. Granted we baited the f_uck out of you both here and in your equally laughable 'Who is?' thread. We knew you were a Walter Mitty, poser, wannabe whatever term you prefer from pretty much your first post. Beo is in A-stan right now working with some of the people you obviously admire so much you try to impersonate them.

Frankly 'bro' you're a tool and a poser. You're a fu_cking disgrace to everyone who's ever served in your country's Navy. You are really just lucky Matchanu hasn't shown up yet. He's a real deal ex SEAL and eats *****s like you for breakfast. Or his pals from SOCNET. Don't worry though your IP and log in details will be passed to him. If you really are Navy you have a whole world of hurt coming once he gives those details along to his former command.

UDTWOLF. **** and MP.net Dumbarse Poser of the Year. Go eat a bag of ****s.