Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maesa PT44 - Indonesian made 2.5 Ton Tactical Vehicle

Default Maesa PT44 - Indonesian made 2.5 Ton Tactical Vehicle

[FONT=Verdana]Maesa PT44 is unique among all the other 2.5 Ton High Mobility Military Truck available to date, Maesa is the first 2.5 Ton operational tactical vehicle ever fitted with independent suspension on all wheels. Looking handsome with its smiley face, tallish posture, and almost unbelievable capability, the Maesa is the ultimate all purpose High Mobility Truck owned by the Indonesian Defence Force. The vehicle is powered by heavy duty Steyr WD612 Turbo Charge Diesel Engine producing maximum engine output of 195 HP @2400rpm and maximum torque of 640Nm@1300-1600rpm all of which sits directly underneath the cab.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Steyr Diesel Engine has a long military history behind it, assuring Maesa’s good reliability. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Without a hood to block the view, visibility is excellent, allowing for an easy line of sight in front of each tire. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]The heavy-duty ZF transmission offers 5 forward gears and one reverse propelling the vehicle smoothly, while independent suspensions complimented with standard Michelin 335/80 R20 tyres maintain road stability and unrivalled ride comfort almost car like. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]The Maesa’s four-wheel drive is a permanent, full-time all-wheel-drive system and the Department of Defence designed the Maesa with a “One Family Vehicle” philosophy in mind, meaning Maesa can be used as platforms to any 4X4 vehicle needed by the Indonesian Armed Forces ranging from a support vehicle carrying ammunition and towing heavy gun, troop carrier, ambulance, weapon platform, even to a full blown fighting vehicle.[/FONT]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]A central tyre inflation system is fitted, allowing the driver to both raise and lower tyre pressures from the cab, with all information for each tyre indicated on a dash display.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]Kind regards[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]Arkley[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]United Kingdom[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Wink Russian Connection

is PT-IAD also helping the Russian ?
    check the suspension on some version of the gaz tiger.
    http://www.pacifictec.net

Honest, I'm not really a Pommie Git! Hydro's Avatar

It's a Leyland!

Default Drive Train

Yes the Cab is a Leyland made under license in Indonesia.
    Power pack is a steyr also made under license in Central Java Indonesia.
    The rest of the Maesa is Indonesia - South Africa venture.

thinking of using japanese engine.

Exclamation Russian Superiority

Arkley
    You did not answer and satisfy my curiosity.
    It is obvious that the suspension system is the same one.
    If i am correct with the rating of 5 ton per axle, meaning GVM of 10 Ton this Russian TIGER could really carry a lot of armour and ammo.
    A real challenge for the Humvee.

Unhappy Not a chance

Yona
    Unlike politic and religion, there are no more border in engineering.
    It is the only field in this sad world that people still talk, sharing information and promote ideas..... also steals .... oops sorry I didn't mean that. Engineers always try to use the best regardless.

The Aussie are very proud of their Bushmaster. But not many Australians knew that actually it was originally designed not by the Australian, but by the mighty Irish in Ireland powered by the mighty American engine.... ooops ... sorry mate.

The power pack of Gaz Tiger is also originate from the USA. But to compete with the Humvee, Tiger would have to cut cost here and there... in plenty ... I mean really plenty.... yes there are more room in Tiger ... and yes Tiger has much better power to weight ratio compare to Humvee.

But sadly to compete with the Humvee in the open market, the Tiger would have to loose the all independent suspension system, so it can be realistically priced.
    Otherwise there is no chance. It is just too bloody expensive.

Thank you for your comment and observation ... to answer your question
    Yes ... I have heard but can't confirmed, that PT-IAD http://www.pacifictec.net is involved with a great number of European and American engineering company mainly through its office in Pretoria and Dublin.

regards

Any idea who supplied the Independent Suspension to them?

IAS

Quote Originally Posted by arkley View Post
    Yona
    Unlike politic and religion, there are no more border in engineering.
    It is the only field in this sad world that people still talk, sharing information and promote ideas..... also steals .... oops sorry I didn't mean that. Engineers always try to use the best regardless.

The Aussie are very proud of their Bushmaster. But not many Australians knew that actually it was originally designed not by the Australian, but by the mighty Irish in Ireland powered by the mighty American engine.... ooops ... sorry mate.

The power pack of Gaz Tiger is also originate from the USA. But to compete with the Humvee, Tiger would have to cut cost here and there... in plenty ... I mean really plenty.... yes there are more room in Tiger ... and yes Tiger has much better power to weight ratio compare to Humvee.

But sadly to compete with the Humvee in the open market, the Tiger would have to loose the all independent suspension system, so it can be realistically priced.
    Otherwise there is no chance. It is just too bloody expensive.

Thank you for your comment and observation ... to answer your question
    Yes ... I have heard but can't confirmed, that PT-IAD http://www.pacifictec.net is involved with a great number of European and American engineering company mainly through its office in Pretoria and Dublin.

regards
    A tad unfair, sir. Timoney was contracted to design the Bushmaster suspension/drive as they are really quite good in that area. The US engine was an OTS system. There is no point in designing something locally from scratch if you can get someone else to do it for you or buy OTS thereby saving R&D. Bear in mind that a lot of Aussie industry is like the UK's - it has its links abroad - eg Vauxhall=GM=Holden. Landrover=Ford.

Hoots mon there's a moose loose aboot this hoose.

Are you in their payroll?

Still can't see the "smile".

Wink Own Design

Quote Originally Posted by IAS View Post
    Any idea who supplied the Independent Suspension to them?

IAS
    PT-IAD makes their own Independent suspension system.

The PT34 ISS was specially designed for the TNI (Indonesia Army) requiring low maintenance and high reliability ISS. Originally the Maesa were designed with the same suspension system as the one fitted on the Bushmaster, but it was rejected because too costly to make.
    the TNI is not as rich as the ADF.

Default Long Live Bushmaster

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoak View Post
    A tad unfair, sir. Timoney was contracted to design the Bushmaster suspension/drive as they are really quite good in that area. The US engine was an OTS system. There is no point in designing something locally from scratch if you can get someone else to do it for you or buy OTS thereby saving R&D. Bear in mind that a lot of Aussie industry is like the UK's - it has its links abroad - eg Vauxhall=GM=Holden. Landrover=Ford.
    Precisely ... no border on engineering ... eeeih.
    we just use the best ...
    And I am with you ... there is no 4X4 APC better than the bushmaster, even Oshkosh is claiming it now.
    It is so well protected even the American prefer to be inside it.
    The rides is so smooth, sometimes you forget that you are actually inside a war machine. It has its own oasis.... so much water that you can swim on it. But I would prefer to put triple X on it.

You know what ... the Bushmaster actually shown how well the Australian Government looking after their troops ... they really care.

My great respect to the Aussie.

Regarding the Bushmaster, Timoney designed the original vehicle, the Timoney MP44 (MP = Mine Protected; 44 = 4x4, there is also the MP66 variant). The vehicle was, as ADI/Thales word it, "jointly developed" by ADI/Thales and Timoney.

I totally agree that it's probably the best 4x4 APC/IMV there is!

IAS

I'd be careful with such definitive statements.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLob View Post
    Are you in their payroll?

Still can't see the "smile".
    - nah, tight b*stards !

Regarding the Bushmaster, Timoney designed the original vehicle, the Timoney MP44 (MP = Mine Protected; 44 = 4x4, there is also the MP66 variant). The vehicle was, as ADI/Thales word it, "jointly developed" by ADI/Thales and Timoney.

IAS
    - ah, I understood that ADI contracted Timoney to provide the suspension, Caterpillar to provide the engine and the rest being designed in house. If I am wrong, I stand corrected.