Page 47 of 3740 FirstFirst ... 37394041424344454647484950515253545557971475471047 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

I think I know everything, but I don't lightfire's Avatar

Are you trying to suggest that these elite troops are issued whatever they can afford and this guy is wearing addidas shoes because the budget ran out?

Because I have seen pictures from Afghanistan showing special force troops wearing all sorts of footwear. Were there budget problems then too?

Perhaps we could deduce that the fact that only one person is wearing these shoes is because they have the choice to wear what they want and in giving them the choice they are able to get the best gear that suits them personally? Wouldn't that be better than issuing the most expensive gear and forcing them to wear it?
    I dunno, how good are they issued. Normally, SF should get the best, and I am sure russian SF is getting most of the best, though not always, I gues. As for shoes, sure,if that fits him,if he likes that better than treking shoes (don't confuse treking shoes with addidas trainers/runners) or regular army footwear (not regular russian army footwear offkoz only-you can see that in pics)-it's his choise, but that makes one wonder why..
    And do you think you would be in a better position to determine what this guy should wear than he would himself?
    as I've said before-it's up to him, offkoz, yet if an SF operator finds sneakers better than a huge variaty of better shoes..well that's just odd. It's not the times, when in Afganistan war soviet soldiers prefered addidas, cause that was the best they could find. Today, I think they should have more choises.

I could say Hitler was still alive and living on a base on the far side of the moon in a big conspirasy... he traded his life for rocket technology... and someone would agree with me... doesnt' make what I said true.
    eh?WTF does that have to do with shoes?hitler and shoes??I don't get that..

Quote Originally Posted by zealot View Post
    great photos Roman! And the rest of the guys(it's just that i have seen all of them before but plenty of people haven't I am sure
    yeah I posted those before, but this time im trying to keep everything in one thread so people can always come here and find everything.

I got a DVD coming from my friend. He took tons of photos for me with a camera i got him. So maybe next month, I shall have a few hundred photos with new material.

Quote Originally Posted by lightfire View Post
    as I've said before-it's up to him, offkoz, yet if an SF operator finds sneakers better than a huge variaty of better shoes..well that's just odd. It's not the times, when in Afganistan war soviet soldiers prefered addidas, cause that was the best they could find. Today, I think they should have more choises.
    I dont know about you but Id prefer addidas too if I had to run around as much as these guys do.
    As long as I wouldnt have to go through swamps I would pick the light sneakers over heavy boots any time - some of the guys probably think the same otherwise they wouldnt wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Susumu View Post
    I dont know about you but Id prefer addidas too if I had to run around as much as these guys do.
    As long as I wouldnt have to go through swamps I would pick the light sneakers over heavy boots any time - some of the guys probably think the same otherwise they wouldnt wear them.
    Hell, Im in the CF Reserves and even though Im not doing anyhting but drill and classroom, I still would rather wear sneakers than heavy boots. Damn those things get soggy at the end of the day. Then again, Im no SF

Federov Avtomat, FTW!

eh?WTF does that have to do with shoes?hitler and shoes??I don't get that..
    It doesn't have anything to do with shoes. It means don't believe something just because a complete stranger on the internet agrees with you.

I could say black people are dumber than white people. That is obviously wrong, and racist and biggoted... and mildly offensive. But if I say Russian special forces are so poor they can't even afford to give their troops shoes for training where a camera will be present is just as dumb and biggoted and offensive (to my intelligence)... yet one is acceptable (Kilgor will agree with the latter statement... but that just proves the first statement to be even more wrong ) and one is not jsut offensive but a violation of someones human rights somewhere... and we must do something about it...

I have seen many photos with troops wearing all sorts of non issue gear. It is normal and tolerated in special units in peacetime and sometimes in more regular units in wartime.

Sorry to repeat myself, but does someone knows how many regular armoured and motorized rifles divisions are there currently in the Russian army?

Quote Originally Posted by teutateswolf-n View Post
    Sorry to repeat myself, but does someone knows how many regular armoured and motorized rifles divisions are there currently in the Russian army?
    Google is your friend.
    There are currently three tank divisions in the force: 4th & 10th within the Moscow Military District and 5th Gds "Don" in the Siberian MD. The 2nd Tank Division in the Siberian Military District and the 21st Tank Division in the Far Eastern MD have disbanded in the last three years.
    It is estimated that there are currently 19 motor rifle divisions, and the Navy now has several motor rifle formations under its command in the Ground and Coastal Defence Forces of the Baltic Fleet and the Northeastern Group of Troops and Forces on the Kamchatka Peninsula and other areas of the extreme north-east.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Ground_Forces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcM3eKO4F1c
    Russian 12.7x108mm machine gun^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceRC...related&search
    Good footage of Russian BMPs^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8imIgaFTfLI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3xjr...related&search
    KORD 12.7mm machine gun^(both vids)
    Not sure if the guy shooting is Russian or not, but the weapon definitly is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8R4U...related&search
    Russian Spetsnaz^

Default VDV - Romania (1962)

great photo

Note the SR-2 Veresk sub-machine gun (9 x 21) carried by the soldier on the left.
    The guy on the right is using an Avtomat AS (9 x 39) silenced gun.

Quote Originally Posted by teutateswolf-n View Post
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...p?country_id=3

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]Beautiful picture. [/FONT]