Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

  1. #30751
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    The nature of Severodvinsk's problems is anyone's guess, but I constantly run into the statements (usually from insiders) that they've encountered difficulties with its sonar, and it would take at least a one more year to rectify them. Maybe it's fearmongering, I dunno, but the rumor is circulating.
    Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but if the sonar isnt fitted to the submarine, what are they doing floating it out? How can you fit a sonar after the submarine is floated out? Doesnt that require basically taking the entire front section apart in drydock?

  2. #30752
    Banned user
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Moscow/Khabarovsk
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but if the sonar isnt fitted to the submarine, what are they doing floating it out? How can you fit a sonar after the submarine is floated out? Doesnt that require basically taking the entire front section apart in drydock?
    I'm guessing the sonar itself is already in there, physically. The supporting electronics and complexes may not be.

  3. #30753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,147

    Default

    Well, maybe that woud be indeed better. Still, I think it may have sense to be a little cautious too, especially in the light of the recent reorganizings. 178'th Plant in Vladivostok, for example, is now officially evicted and should complete its move to Patrokl bay by this fall, and Dalzavod is confirmed dead, but then, bigger western plants always were better off.

    PS: I'm not sure (and might be wrong about their existence!), but if there's a trouble with the software, thern the sub could be floated without any problems -- and this would even speed up the troubleshooting, as the developers would then have a real data and not the simulations and models. But then again, I might've been wrong about it from the start (and that would be nice).

  4. #30754
    Senior Member artjomh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    PS: I'm not sure (and might be wrong about their existence!), but if there's a trouble with the software, thern the sub could be floated without any problems -- and this would even speed up the troubleshooting, as the developers would then have a real data and not the simulations and models. But then again, I might've been wrong about it from the start (and that would be nice).
    I don't see how Severodvinsk can have "problems with sonar" if it hasn't even gone to trials yet. The shipyard workers have been welding the hull together and installing equipment. Systems integration, not to mention actual trials where such issues would surface, are way off in the future.

    The first Lada-class SSK did in fact have problems with its sonar, which is why it still hasn't been commissioned more than 4 years after launch, so you might have confused the two.

  5. #30755
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_UA View Post



    1234567890
    can't get enough of them helos... thanx for posting

  6. #30756
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default

    but we need some tanks in this thread too)....





    and other things....





    too bad we did not see SprutSD at the parade this year....


  7. #30757
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default






    .............................................



    Last edited by CaptMorgan68; 06-15-2010 at 09:20 PM.

  8. #30758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,147

    Default

    Ahem, that's most probably is the case.

  9. #30759
    Senior Member JohnnyWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fo shizzle
    Posts
    3,887

    Default

    TANKS for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I love armor

  10. #30760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artjomh View Post
    The first Lada-class SSK did in fact have problems with its sonar, which is why it still hasn't been commissioned more than 4 years after launch, so you might have confused the two.
    Just to make it clear, the first Lada 677 pr. 'Saint-Petersburg' has already been commissioned last month and currently it's in active service in Baltic Fleet.

  11. #30761
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
    TANKS for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I love armor
    me too man... were we separated at birth? JK)))

    gotta luv T90A

  12. #30762
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default

    more helos... some may be repost but oh well










  13. #30763
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default












    ...........................................

  14. #30764
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default




    ...........................................

  15. #30765
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hiding in the bushes near Chengdu
    Posts
    6,096

    Default




    ..............................................

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •