Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

I like all kinds of haze FrankBooth's Avatar

Lighten up, Francis.
    [*******White]...................[/COLOR]

Default Lt Col Mark Yevtyukhin

I would like to take a moment to remember the life and heroism of Lt Col Mark Yevtyukhin.

On this day in 2000 he was among 84 Russian Airborne soldiers killed on hill 776 in the Battle of Ulus Kert. His actions decimated a large body of al-Qaeda fighters, perhaps up to a thousand killed, under Saudi Jihadist warlord Ibn Al-Khattab. The Islamists were attempting to flee to the Pankisi Gorge in Georgia. Several key Jihadists had previously been based in, or traversed through, the Pankisi Gorge, including Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Lt Col Yevtyukhin was a skillful and experienced commander, having served in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and the collapse of Yugoslavia.

Today my thoughts reflect upon his life and heroism, his family, and those his soldiers.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Scotus View Post
    I would like to take a moment to remember the life and heroism of Lt Col Mark Yevtyukhin.
    Good call Scotus. A country must know it's heroes.

also, not military but nevertheless - interesting.
    New Russian pipe-rolling factory in Chelyabinsk

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2...-factory-ever/
    Last edited by Russianlynxy; 03-01-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Thumbs up Eternal Memory

Спасибо за память!

On this day in 2000 he was among 84 Russian Airborne soldiers killed on hill 776 in the Battle of Ulus Kert. His actions decimated a large body of al-Qaeda fighters, perhaps up to a thousand killed, under Saudi Jihadist warlord Ibn Al-Khattab. The Islamists were attempting to flee to the Pankisi Gorge in Georgia. Several key Jihadists had previously been based in, or traversed through, the Pankisi Gorge, including Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Lt Col Yevtyukhin was a skillful and experienced commander, having served in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and the collapse of Yugoslavia.

Today my thoughts reflect upon his life and heroism, his family, and those his soldiers.

hello

My first book:

Guia de Misiles Antisubmarino Rusos de Lanzamiento Submarino

Author: Edgar Guerrero
    language: Spanish
    Page: 65
    Format: ppsx

Links:

Last edited by edgar812; 03-02-2011 at 09:33 AM.

unknown vehicle with 152 gun

sorry for low quality

Banned user

http://twower.livejournal.com/499098.html

Twower latest report, 36th MotoStrelkovaya Brigada.
    Once again, real reports from typical "new reform" units in Russia. These are not the shiny display units, but real field exercises. Of course it should be remembered he goes where the MOD sends him, but still, good stuff.

I would like to point out:

"Общался с солдатами. Реально радует, что все говорили о регулярных занятиях и учебе. Это вторая часть, из всех мною посещенных(первая - 393-я авиабаза), где солдаты сообщали, что проблем с кавказцами у них нет никаких. В части всего 70 солдат с Кавказа и единственное, чем они ярко запомнились, так это участием в самодеятельности(видеоролик смотрите ниже).
    Кормит всех опять же гражданская организация, солдаты говорят, что питание хорошее. Телефоны можно иметь, но в будние дни они у командира роты, в выходные выдают без проблем."

They need to increase pay though, enticing people to serve will not work on the basis of better conditions/patriotism alone. Money will filter back into economy better than it ending up in Generals pockets anyways...

Also they still use the Rapira AT gun. Wow, old school, but the recoil on that thing is remarkably weak.

EDIT: Reason for recoil is they are using practice barell insert, large machine gun round, not a 100mm projectile.
    Last edited by MkayNow?; 03-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by MkayNow? View Post
    They need to increase pay though, enticing people to serve will not work on the basis of better conditions/patriotism alone. Money will filter back into economy better than it ending up in Generals pockets anyways...
    If I am not mistaken, in 2012 officer and sargeant salaries are planned to increase significantly. This was also mentioned by twower himself, I believe. Hope it happens, surely the number of people wanting to serve will increase.

link

"Запланированы работы по созданию корабельного ракетного комплекса "Циркон-С" с гиперзвуковой ракетой", - информировал Поповкин.

Which is this new hypersonic missile that Popovkin has reveled ?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    link

"Запланированы работы по созданию корабельного ракетного комплекса "Циркон-С" с гиперзвуковой ракетой", - информировал Поповкин.

Which is this new hypersonic missile that Popovkin has reveled ?
    This is for the Navy and it is only in pen - paper stage. http://npomash.ru/press/ru/podrobnee080211.htm

Banned user

Awesome, naval MiG-31?

Very good CALL !

RIP Mark and the 6th COMPANY !

We will never forget you brave guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasatron View Post
    unknown vehicle with 152 gun

sorry for low quality
    Looks like T-95

Quote Originally Posted by MkayNow? View Post

Awesome, naval MiG-31?
    Nope. Air Force. 530th Fighter Aviation Regiment, Sokolovka airbase (Chuguyevka), disbanded in 2009. The regiment was made (in)famous in 1976 by one Viktor Belenko, may he rot in hell.

The only naval MiG-31s were based in Yelizovo, when it was 856th regiment (currently reassigned to the Air Force as the 6990th Airbase)