Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

  1. #43786
    Senior Member xav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,296

    Default

    Finally found some info on these super secret "black project" sub (thanks Perry)

    Pr 1910 - "Uniform" (Kashalot)


    Who can summarize the story in a couple lines?

















  2. #43787
    Senior Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arkona1988 View Post


    we can see better now
    There is an AR-15 based rifle in only one of the pictures, the first one. And the guy who is holding it looks like this guy: http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...e-internet.jpg and has some Arabic looking letters on the buttstock.

    The other rifles are all AKs. Brush up on your weaponz recognition skillz.

  3. #43788
    Senior Member Raden5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Thursday 12_02.


















































  4. #43789
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default


  5. #43790
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adige View Post
    These are just propaganda videos.
    KAVKAZ STRONG!!!!one1111(Herpa Durp)

    In any case the Islamist scumbags are being liquidated in droves and their leaders are being pulverized by FSB Spetsnaz, there is no denying this, although I suspect you will find a way.

  6. #43791
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    There is an AR-15 based rifle in only one of the pictures, the first one. And the guy who is holding it looks like this guy: http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...e-internet.jpg and has some Arabic looking letters on the buttstock.

    The other rifles are all AKs. Brush up on your weaponz recognition skillz.
    Looks like the image on the left could be a composited image with some brilliant PR company pasting an image of a US soldier into a poster about the Alpha group. It's happened many times (recall the US battleship in a Russian poster about Victory day ). Even though elite units such as Alpha are allowed to use foreign weapons, I think it is a unit wide thing not an individual thing. It would make it very difficult if everyone in a squad is using AK-74 ammo while one is using NATO M-4 ammo.

  7. #43792
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    I heard it was the operative's personal AR-15 he brought from home, any truth to this?

    (LOL I know that poster you are talking about, stupid graphic designers )


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Uw_...1&feature=plcp
    In a field military training test area, the 106th Airborne Division of Russian army made trial tests of a new NBC Reconnaissance tracked armoured vehicle, the RHM-5 Povozka D-1.

  8. #43793
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Looks like the image on the left could be a composited image with some brilliant PR company pasting an image of a US soldier into a poster about the Alpha group. It's happened many times (recall the US battleship in a Russian poster about Victory day ). Even though elite units such as Alpha are allowed to use foreign weapons, I think it is a unit wide thing not an individual thing. It would make it very difficult if everyone in a squad is using AK-74 ammo while one is using NATO M-4 ammo.
    you know ther are 7.62x39 uppers for M4s right?

  9. #43794
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    you know ther are 7.62x39 uppers for M4s right?
    No, I didn't know that. I still think it is much more likely that a PR company simply pasted in a random image of a soldier off the internet rather than a single squad member using a fundamentally different gun than the rest of his squad. *shrug*

  10. #43795
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    check them out, a neat idea and ammo is cheaper, they are getting popular in NA

  11. #43796
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    No, I didn't know that. I still think it is much more likely that a PR company simply pasted in a random image of a soldier off the internet rather than a single squad member using a fundamentally different gun than the rest of his squad. *shrug*
    While there certainly is a possibility of the graphic designer screwing up, the fact is that there IS that one guy in Alpha using his personal AR-15.

  12. #43797
    Member Illinois Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Looks like the image on the left could be a composited image with some brilliant PR company pasting an image of a US soldier into a poster about the Alpha group. It's happened many times (recall the US battleship in a Russian poster about Victory day ). Even though elite units such as Alpha are allowed to use foreign weapons, I think it is a unit wide thing not an individual thing. It would make it very difficult if everyone in a squad is using AK-74 ammo while one is using NATO M-4 ammo.
    You're flat out wrong.

    This soldier purchased this rifle for his own use. I guess that might be hard for you to accept, but this is real life. Not RUSSIA STRONGLANDIA!!!!!



    If you can read Russian, follow the story here: http://airsoftgun.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111500

  13. #43798
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Strong View Post
    You're flat out wrong.

    This soldier purchased this rifle for his own use. I guess that might be hard for you to accept, but this is real life. Not RUSSIA STRONGLANDIA!!!!!

    If you can read Russian, follow the story here: http://airsoftgun.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111500
    I read the whole thread you linked to... most of the people have the same questions as I did: how are the ammo issues dealt with (the magazine is pretty clearly a 5.56 shape rather than a Russian calibre) and is this simply a weapon familiarisation exercise or not. It's not impossible for one person to use an M-4 in 5.56 ammo in the Alpha unit, but at least many other people share my scepticism.

  14. #43799
    Member Illinois Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    I read the whole thread you linked to... most of the people have the same questions as I did: how are the ammo issues dealt with (the magazine is pretty clearly a 5.56 shape rather than a Russian calibre) and is this simply a weapon familiarisation exercise or not. It's not impossible for one person to use an M-4 in 5.56 ammo in the Alpha unit, but at least many other people share my scepticism.
    And what about the picture I shared with this soldier and his gun? The photo was taken at a shooting competition in Russia.

    I'm certain this man can have all the match grade ammunition he wants.

    Don't let nationalism confuse the issue. The photos show a Russian soldier from Alfa with an M4 style carbine.

  15. #43800
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Strong View Post

    Don't let nationalism confuse the issue. The photos show a Russian soldier from Alfa with an M4 style carbine.
    Civilian AR-15(produced under local licence) from his personal collection.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •