Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by arkona1988 View Post

we can see better now
    There is an AR-15 based rifle in only one of the pictures, the first one. And the guy who is holding it looks like this guy: http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...e-internet.jpg and has some Arabic looking letters on the buttstock.

The other rifles are all AKs. Brush up on your weaponz recognition skillz.

Thursday 12_02.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by adige View Post
    These are just propaganda videos.
    KAVKAZ STRONG!!!!one1111(Herpa Durp)

In any case the Islamist scumbags are being liquidated in droves and their leaders are being pulverized by FSB Spetsnaz, there is no denying this, although I suspect you will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    There is an AR-15 based rifle in only one of the pictures, the first one. And the guy who is holding it looks like this guy: http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...e-internet.jpg and has some Arabic looking letters on the buttstock.

The other rifles are all AKs. Brush up on your weaponz recognition skillz.
    Looks like the image on the left could be a composited image with some brilliant PR company pasting an image of a US soldier into a poster about the Alpha group. It's happened many times (recall the US battleship in a Russian poster about Victory day ). Even though elite units such as Alpha are allowed to use foreign weapons, I think it is a unit wide thing not an individual thing. It would make it very difficult if everyone in a squad is using AK-74 ammo while one is using NATO M-4 ammo.

I heard it was the operative's personal AR-15 he brought from home, any truth to this?

(LOL I know that poster you are talking about, stupid graphic designers )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Uw_...1&feature=plcp
    In a field military training test area, the 106th Airborne Division of Russian army made trial tests of a new NBC Reconnaissance tracked armoured vehicle, the RHM-5 Povozka D-1.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Looks like the image on the left could be a composited image with some brilliant PR company pasting an image of a US soldier into a poster about the Alpha group. It's happened many times (recall the US battleship in a Russian poster about Victory day ). Even though elite units such as Alpha are allowed to use foreign weapons, I think it is a unit wide thing not an individual thing. It would make it very difficult if everyone in a squad is using AK-74 ammo while one is using NATO M-4 ammo.
    you know ther are 7.62x39 uppers for M4s right?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    you know ther are 7.62x39 uppers for M4s right?
    No, I didn't know that. I still think it is much more likely that a PR company simply pasted in a random image of a soldier off the internet rather than a single squad member using a fundamentally different gun than the rest of his squad. *shrug*

check them out, a neat idea and ammo is cheaper, they are getting popular in NA

No, I didn't know that. I still think it is much more likely that a PR company simply pasted in a random image of a soldier off the internet rather than a single squad member using a fundamentally different gun than the rest of his squad. *shrug*
    While there certainly is a possibility of the graphic designer screwing up, the fact is that there IS that one guy in Alpha using his personal AR-15.

You're flat out wrong.

This soldier purchased this rifle for his own use. I guess that might be hard for you to accept, but this is real life. Not RUSSIA STRONGLANDIA!!!!!

If you can read Russian, follow the story here: http://airsoftgun.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111500

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Strong View Post
    You're flat out wrong.

This soldier purchased this rifle for his own use. I guess that might be hard for you to accept, but this is real life. Not RUSSIA STRONGLANDIA!!!!!

If you can read Russian, follow the story here: http://airsoftgun.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111500
    I read the whole thread you linked to... most of the people have the same questions as I did: how are the ammo issues dealt with (the magazine is pretty clearly a 5.56 shape rather than a Russian calibre) and is this simply a weapon familiarisation exercise or not. It's not impossible for one person to use an M-4 in 5.56 ammo in the Alpha unit, but at least many other people share my scepticism.

I read the whole thread you linked to... most of the people have the same questions as I did: how are the ammo issues dealt with (the magazine is pretty clearly a 5.56 shape rather than a Russian calibre) and is this simply a weapon familiarisation exercise or not. It's not impossible for one person to use an M-4 in 5.56 ammo in the Alpha unit, but at least many other people share my scepticism.
    And what about the picture I shared with this soldier and his gun? The photo was taken at a shooting competition in Russia.

I'm certain this man can have all the match grade ammunition he wants.

Don't let nationalism confuse the issue. The photos show a Russian soldier from Alfa with an M4 style carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Strong View Post

Don't let nationalism confuse the issue. The photos show a Russian soldier from Alfa with an M4 style carbine.
    Civilian AR-15(produced under local licence) from his personal collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    Civilian AR-15(produced under local licence) from his personal collection.
    I defer identification of his rifle to someone else

I do not know much about Armalites or Colts.