Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

  1. #45151
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    In those vids the guns don't appear to be stabilized, such as one the M1 or Challenger. Is this correct?

  2. #45152
    Senior Member YevgenyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
    In those vids the guns don't appear to be stabilized, such as one the M1 or Challenger. Is this correct?
    You can clearly see in most moments stabilizers are off.

  3. #45153
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
    In those vids the guns don't appear to be stabilized, such as one the M1 or Challenger. Is this correct?
    [*******#333333][FONT=arial] stabilizer just turned off[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#333333][FONT=arial], the rotation [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#333333][FONT=arial]of the turret in video [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#333333][FONT=arial]comes [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#333333][FONT=arial]with a manual [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#333333][FONT=arial]drive[/FONT][/COLOR]

  4. #45154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YevgenyP View Post
    You can clearly see in most moments stabilizers are off.
    Why do they turn it off?

  5. #45155
    Senior Member Hisroyalhighness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Finishing my time in Tartarus.
    Posts
    10,113

    Default


    The 106th Guards Airborne Division held exercises not far from the village of Khomyakovo near Tula, in central Russia. Watch this RIA Novosti video to see footage of fighter-plane performance and flying fighting vehicles.

  6. #45156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post
    Why do they turn it off?
    To reduce wear and tear. There is no point having the stabiliser turned on when you arent shooting. During march the tank stabilisers are always off and the barrel set to a locked off position pointing up and left for example.

  7. #45157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    To reduce wear and tear. There is no point having the stabiliser turned on when you arent shooting. During march the tank stabilisers are always off and the barrel set to a locked off position pointing up and left for example.
    Thanks a lot !

  8. #45158
    Senior Member Damian90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    I wonder if this have some relation to what some former east German tankers reported, that in their T-72M/M1's, stabilization running longer than approx 1 hour would overheat and shut down, same with other T-72 versions?

    I doubt, but it would be good to know from someone being Russian.

  9. #45159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    I wonder if this have some relation to what some former east German tankers reported, that in their T-72M/M1's, stabilization running longer than approx 1 hour would overheat and shut down, same with other T-72 versions?

    I doubt, but it would be good to know from someone being Russian.
    I cant imagine other tanks having their stabilisers turned on 100% of the time. Surely the M1, Leopart, Challenger, etc, also turn off the stabiliser when just doing a march.

  10. #45160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    BTR-82A firing

  11. #45161
    Senior Member YevgenyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,433

    Default


  12. #45162
    Senior Member YevgenyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Russian planes will participate in Red Flag-2012. http://www.militaryparitet.com/ttp/data/ic_ttp/387/

  13. #45163
    Senior Member Raden5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    March 12, 2012. TV Zvezda. Russia, Torzhok. The 344th Center for Combat Training and Re-qualification of Army Aviation Staff. No comments.


  14. #45164
    Senior Member Hisroyalhighness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Finishing my time in Tartarus.
    Posts
    10,113

    Default


  15. #45165
    Senior Member fiorellabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In partibus fidelium
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YevgenyP View Post
    Russian planes will participate in Red Flag-2012. http://www.militaryparitet.com/ttp/data/ic_ttp/387/
    So It will become the first REAL Red Flag.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •