Page 3798 of 3798 FirstFirst ... 27983298369837483788379037913792379337943795379637973798
Results 56,956 to 56,964 of 56964

Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Admiral is beautifull

Getting out of the Marquis Puddle:

Somewhere where everything... STRONG!!!11

And so the design feature behind "improved controlability" of AK-12 revealed:

Name:  198057_900.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  198272_900.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by teh_beard View Post
    It's letting out more gasses?
    Isn't that going to cause jamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    That's just journo drivel, and contradicts itself at several points.

That's but one example. So, on the one side, it still has 6 roadwheels "just like T-90", but on the other side it's not a T-90 at the same time and will have seven roadwheels. If that' not an internal contradiction, then what is? It's obvious that the author knew bupkis about what he was writing.

No. Object 195 was the rejected T-95, which is only tangentially related to the Armata.

Laminated, rather.

So, six or seven? The article cannot decide.

One more indication why this article is crap. It was announced long ago that the engine's nominal power is 1500 bhp, but that it will be derated to 1200 bhp in actual use to prolong its service life.

It mentioned radars "as on T-50", battle management system is a different beast of different *****e (though also included).
    I don't know what you've read, and if you can actually read Russian, but that website is an actual military news channel. They get a lot of information from military sources on the ground, and not some posters on a forum somewhere deep inside the interwebs. I am not saying your info is irrelevant, but Zvezda has a lot of solid information.

Quote Originally Posted by iGrooCk View Post
    I don't know what you've read, and if you can actually read Russian, but that website is an actual military news channel. They get a lot of information from military sources on the ground, and not some posters on a forum somewhere deep inside the interwebs. I am not saying your info is irrelevant, but Zvezda has a lot of solid information.
    Oh, shoots, man, just please don't teach me about journalism. I've worked in a bit and I know how these articles are done. You just google around and then slap together the info you've got into a piece that doesn't seem to fall apart at the first glance. Zvezda TV is a just another TV channel, albeit a military themed, and while they are affiliated with MoD, their staff are largely not soldiers but common journos who cannot tell a barrel from a buttstock. There are competent people, but they are relatively few, and none on the staff for this article. And aside from them Zvezda has only a marginally better access to the genuine info.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    You're confusing Gorshkov-class (project 22350, not directy related to the old Krivaks) and Grigorovich-class (project 11356R, a somewhat modified Indian prj. 11356 Talwar-class, which is a direct update on the original Krivak, prj. 1135). Grigoroviches use the same hull and most of the machinery as the old Krivaks, but have radically redesigned superstructure, updated armaments, sensors and battle management to make them less a dedicated ASW combatant and more of a well-rounded multifunctional ship. Gorshkov is a state-of-the-art frigate designed to be jack-of-all-trades from the bottom up, and includes most of the gee-whiz tech. For example, it has a new 130-mm compact lightweight autocannon, instead of the older 100-mm mount on Grigoroviches, it packs twice more UKSK cells (16 as opposed to 8 on 11356), it has a much newer and more capable Redut AAM complex (32 VLS cells, though there are conflicting reports of whether they can fit the large 48N6 missile of S-300/400, or only a smaller 9M96 of S-350) with a PESA Poliment radar and SARH heads, which can independently track and engage up to 16 targets, while 11356 has only an older Shtil set (a navalized Buk) that uses beam-riding missiles with just 4 channels, each with its own dedicated target illuminator. Grigorovich also has vestiges of its former ASW role, with the remaining RBU-6000 launcher and 2x2 533-mm torpedo tubes, while 22350 only mounts 2x4 Paket-NK launchers with 12 to 16 lightweight 324-mm ASW rockets. Also, while both have essentially same combat information system, Gorshkov has newer and more capable sensor suite getting it operable, especially the "Poliment" PESA 3D search radar, was a main reason for the delays encountered in its construction.

Higher res:

Credit to the Airbase forums and Alexey Akentyev.

I think the Radar that is the 4 Faced Poliment is an AESA and the one on top that rotates 360 * is a PESA .

Are you sure the 4 Faced Radar is not a X Band AESA but a PESA ?

Quote Originally Posted by teh_beard View Post

Name:  198057_900.jpg
Size:  138.7 KB
    Looks like the same barrel, and gas-block as standard on AK-100 series. The front sight looks different, did they revert back to the old 14-1 left-hand threads? (vs the current AK-100 standard 24x1.5mm right hand threads).

So many more questions I have, teh_beard. Best friend, buddy, pal.... Could you inquire about acquiring a 'T&E' (testing and evaluation) AK-12 for me? It would be greatly appreciated and would be of great economic-success if/when Rus-bear offers AK's to America again...

Somewhere where everything... STRONG!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBD View Post
    Looks like the same barrel, and gas-block as standard on AK-100 series. The front sight looks different, did they revert back to the old 14-1 left-hand threads? (vs the current AK-100 standard 24x1.5mm right hand threads).

So many more questions I have, teh_beard. Best friend, buddy, pal.... Could you inquire about acquiring a 'T&E' (testing and evaluation) AK-12 for me? It would be greatly appreciated and would be of great economic-success if/when Rus-bear offers AK's to America again...
    Oh I`m not sure why would someone even want one.

Name:  axrSmuAPJ8g.jpg
Size:  157.0 KB

But I`m known AK-12 basher.